Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-09, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Originally Posted by Drav3n
is anyone else having problems w/ printing the $8 monsters inc coupon?? i havent been able to print it for days. Ive tried using Firefox, IE and Chrome. I know there has been "alternate" links that have been posted before and those have worked out. Can anyone help??
Check your default printer and make sure it's actually set to your printer and not something like pdf or some other weird setting.
Old 11-09-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I guess it's just me, but I'm ok with the default deal and $32 for both is a damn fine deal for two new releases in itself. It does suck that Amazon is hit or miss with people asking for the discount; seems to me it would have been better if they didn't give it to anyone rather then have all those different responses.
I'm cool with it too, especially since I got in on the 'buy three, get $20 back" thing before amazon jacked up all the prices.

Mine shipped today.
Old 11-09-09, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by quid squid
Check your default printer and make sure it's actually set to your printer and not something like pdf or some other weird setting.
already did that. i know i wasnt the only one who had problems. but then someone posted another link to the coupon and it worked then.

the problem is it keeps tellin me to install the coupon printer after ive already installed it. i wanna be able to have this coupon and hopefully the $10 up coupon if it comes out tomorrow

Last edited by Drav3n; 11-09-09 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-09-09, 05:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine shipped today from Amazon. I got the additional Snow White $10 off for a total of $22 and change.
Old 11-09-09, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

already did that. i know i wasnt the only one who had problems. but then someone posted another link to the coupon and it worked then.

the problem is it keeps tellin me to install the coupon printer after ive already installed it. i wanna be able to have this coupon and hopefully the $10 up coupon if it comes out tomorrow
I have the same problem at work. Used to be able to print coupons all the time, but they changed a setting somewhere and now, no matter how many times I install it, it keeps telling me I need to install it again! At least I've got it to work for me at home....
Old 11-09-09, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

ive tried at home and a friends, nothin... this stupid coupon site they use gives me issues everytime!
Old 11-09-09, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ive tried at home and a friends, nothin... this stupid coupon site they use gives me issues everytime!
I do understand your frustration. If you ever get it figured out, do let us know! I'll do likewise if I ever figure it out at my office.
Old 11-09-09, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
Yep, same here. It said shipping on November 16th but it went through today, and I do not have a prime membership either. It happened really quick too. It went from shipping soon, then they charged me, and then it shipped out in a very short period of time.
WTF. Me too. I'm angry because if the UP coupon does go live, it would have been cheaper to buy it from Fry's with the $28 of discount for $14 rather than paying $23 on Amazon. Is there a way to return it back manually? I did it with Deep Discount last time, although it took a while.
Old 11-09-09, 06:11 PM

I have to admit that Amazon is seriously annoying me with their run around on this one. Not only was I rejected for the $8 coupon (which I can understand) but I continually got the response that my purchase of Snow White in the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack did not qualify for the additional $10 off. It took a couple phone calls before I finally got someone that understood the situation and added a $10 credit to my account. Albeit not for this order, at least the individual I talked to was extremely helpful. However, based on this entire experience, I've been tempted to cancel the order more than once because of their lack of customer service and general disregard for their own promotions. I guess it's too late now as my order shipped today as well.
Old 11-09-09, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got confirmation this morning that the "Snow White Thanks" promotion will be applied to my order. I ended up getting:

Up ($19.99)
Monster's Inc. ($22.99)
Greatest Game Ever Played ($23.99)

Up/Monster's Inc. Best Value (-$10)
BDDisney (-$10)
Snow White Thanks (-$10)
Monster's Inc. Coupon (-$8)

for

TOTAL: $28.97

Thanks to all those for tracking and posting each deal as it broke!
Old 11-09-09, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
WTF. Me too. I'm angry because if the UP coupon does go live, it would have been cheaper to buy it from Fry's with the $28 of discount for $14 rather than paying $23 on Amazon. Is there a way to return it back manually? I did it with Deep Discount last time, although it took a while.
Does your local Frys Electronics accept manufacturer's coupons? I've never tried using a coupon at Frys but I've read that some Frys stores accept them but others don't.
Old 11-09-09, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by budster7
Does your local Frys Electronics accept manufacturer's coupons? I've never tried using a coupon at Frys but I've read that some Frys stores accept them but others don't.
Haha. Yeah. They accept them all of the time from where I go.
Old 11-09-09, 07:30 PM

My Amazon order shipped!

How did some people get the $8 Monsters Inc. discount? I emailed them about it twice but was rejected.
Old 11-09-09, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
I find it interesting that my order has this statement on it...

"We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. "

but yet it has a shipping estimate of Nov 16... I am not concerned about the lateness of shipping. I just think they are locking out the orders from any further price adjustments. (i.e. the rumored $10 off Up coupon...)
Guess they are more on this than I thought.. Mine shipped today... and that means if there is a coupon tomorrow... probably no luck.. but hey it still was a great deal for many of us...
Old 11-09-09, 07:55 PM

For those that had their orders shipped today or gone into "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. " what is/was your estimated day of arrival?

Mines been sitting in the preparation/shipping soon stage all day, and was just wondering if I should expect it earlier than the 13 or not.
Old 11-09-09, 07:57 PM

Will Best Buy give any problems returning the PRE ORDER..............when on the receipt it CLEARLY states the Steelbook was given?

Thanks.
Old 11-09-09, 08:04 PM

Bring them back the steelbook with your preorder return if you aren't gonna buy the movie, and stop thinking about STEALING.
Old 11-09-09, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by ozzfan84
Bring them back the steelbook with your preorder return if you aren't gonna buy the movie, and stop thinking about STEALING.

Thanks for your 2 cents..............BUT IT IS NOT STEALING. Besides that was not my question.

But once again thanks for the life lesson.
Old 11-09-09, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Will Best Buy give any problems returning the PRE ORDER..............when on the receipt it CLEARLY states the Steelbook was given?

Thanks.
no, buying "Up" is not part of the terms of receiving the steelbook, just preordering it

tell them you or someone you know picked it up elsewhere
Old 11-09-09, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by musick
no, buying "Up" is not part of the terms of receiving the steelbook, just preordering it

Thanks...............I just don't want them to say where is the Steelbook considering it is on the receipt.
Old 11-09-09, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by musick

I forgot about getting my pre-order deposit back. But since Best Buy offers an instant $10 off Monster Inc when purchased with Up, where as Target has the $10 coupon for both together, I guess it really makes no difference.
Old 11-09-09, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by budster7
I tried the Tinkerbell coupon recently at the Fountain Valley, CA Fry's and they claimed that Disney is not paying them for the coupons, so they did not want to accept it.

They called one of their buyers and that person confirmed that Fry's does not accept the coupons.com coupons.

They eventually gave me a 10 dollar gift card to offset the cost of the coupon which they would not accept, so I left paying the same amount for the BD.

YMMV
Old 11-09-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bis22
My Amazon order shipped!

How did some people get the $8 Monsters Inc. discount? I emailed them about it twice but was rejected.
Luck, pure & simple.
Old 11-09-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My order says "shipping soon", so we'll see if Amazon will apply tomorrow's $10 Up coupon.
Old 11-09-09, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

My order shipped out this afternoon after entering the shipping soon phase this morning. Hopefully I'll have it in my hands in a few days.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.