Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Old 11-08-09, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

I guess I better not email about that $8 then. I already emailed a couple of times about the SWT
Old 11-08-09, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, I finally got them to apply the Snow White Thanks discount, but they only reduced my order by $5, instead of $10. I want to press my luck and question this, but it still reduced my order to $8.98 including shipping. I think I might just leave it alone now. They have applied every single one of these promotions to my order, after all.
Old 11-08-09, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is anyone else having problems with customer service answering their emails? I've sent several emails politely requesting the removal of the shipping charges I now have on my order but never hear back. I get the feeling the CSR's are trying to ignore me for some reason. If I can get free shipping restored I'll finally be satisfied with my order. I'm not even going to bother trying anymore for the DISNEYBD coupon.
Old 11-08-09, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Hey, MP - now that the $10 Up coupon is confirmed, can you update the first post to reflect the additional savings? If my math is semi-correct (a slim possibility), the new savings should drop the Target price for both (without any price matching) down to ... $25.99?? I'd be perfectly happy with that, if that's indeed the case.
Updated slightly. I didn't alter any of the deal prices until the coupon came out but I did put a reminder in that section.
Old 11-08-09, 07:57 PM

How do you contact the returns department instead of customer service on Amazon?
Old 11-08-09, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

actually the proposal didnt have a ten dollar off coupon till release day.
Originally Posted by doctorthodt
I never said that the email was fake, just that I question whether its contents are accurate. Every Disney coupon we've gotten so far has been issued well before the release of the film. Why would we get every other coupon early (including one for Monsters Inc, which is released on the same day), but not get Up until the street date? It makes no sense whatsoever. And that webpage means nothing, it's totally blank.
Old 11-08-09, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Updated slightly. I didn't alter any of the deal prices until the coupon came out but I did put a reminder in that section.
That'll work! Thanks!
Old 11-08-09, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Is anyone else having problems with customer service answering their emails? I've sent several emails politely requesting the removal of the shipping charges I now have on my order but never hear back. I get the feeling the CSR's are trying to ignore me for some reason.
Yes, I got the feeling they were ignoring me too. I think for every 3 or 4 I sent out I only got one response.
Old 11-08-09, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by aa-dvd
How do you contact the returns department instead of customer service on Amazon?
Under "Help", select "Contact Us", then use the pull-down menu to select "Returns & Refunds".
Old 11-08-09, 09:11 PM

I had no problems getting responses. Asked about the DISNEYBD twice, got rejected twice. Asked about (and provided the link) the $8 Monster's coupon and got $10 off Monsters. I'm standing pat at $22. If the Up coupon shows up, I'll ask for that on Tuesday as soon as it's posted.
Old 11-08-09, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Under "Help", select "Contact Us", then use the pull-down menu to select "Returns & Refunds".
Thanks
Old 11-08-09, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
That happened to me as well. I e-mailed Customer Service, and they reinstated free shipping. Here is the text of my e-mail:
Greetings -

I had written earlier about the DISNEYBD coupon promotion which was applied to my order. It seems that the coupon caused the shipping charges to be reapplied. Can you please credit the shipping charges, as the total before the promotion had qualified for free shipping?

Thank you!
'K, did this and it worked. I emailed Refunds & Returns and got my shipping knocked off. $14.99 total plus a $10 credit on my Amazon account.
Old 11-08-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I got an email that stated something like "we don't do manufacturer coupons.... but for your inconvenience, we will take $8 off your order".. so it worked out anyway... couldn't have done all this w/o the forum.. thanks everyone..
Old 11-08-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by izatright
Yes, I got the feeling they were ignoring me too. I think for every 3 or 4 I sent out I only got one response.
I finally got a response and had my shipping charges removed. Up to the last several emails I was having goodluck getting answers within a few hours. However I was becoming concerned after several went unanswered after over 24 hours. I imagine the CSRs are getting bombarded with requests to modify Up and Monsters, Inc orders, and maybe getting tired of responding. Anyway my order is down to $14.48 where it will stay unless there is a price drop before it ships.
Old 11-08-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn, my order is $32.98. I guess I'm missing the Snow White coupon and the $8 Target coupon?
Old 11-09-09, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Damn, my order is $32.98. I guess I'm missing the Snow White coupon and the $8 Target coupon?
There is no $8 Target coupon....the Disney manufacturer's coupon for Monsters Inc is for $8 off that one....Target has their own printable store coupon good for $10 off the combination purchase of Up and Monsters Inc....you will be able to stack these coupons at Target on Tuesday as they allow you to use both a manufacturer's coupon and a store coupon for each item...
Old 11-09-09, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

amazing i just got another email from amazon, saying that they are sorry that my account wasnt credited with this promo but since i had allready canceled the order that they have credited my account 10.00 to use if i decide to reinstate the order.

still not reordering it going to stick with picking up in store on tuesday fingers crossed that the up coupon goes live early in the morning on tuesday.
Old 11-09-09, 05:15 AM

I think its weird that Disney would actually wait until Tuesday to put up an Up coupon. The only thing having me think that coupon is real is that those links actually go to a part of the site.
Old 11-09-09, 05:57 AM
Cool New Member

I was able to get the $8 MI Disney coupon applied. $14.98 for both Pixar movies is fantastic. I had another movie in my order, so shipping is still free.

Thanks so much to everyone in this forum...to go from $42.98 without promotions to $14.98 as a final price is simply amazing.
Old 11-09-09, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Went ahead and reordered with $10 off Miracle... figure I'll be wanting to watch that one again in a few months.
Old 11-09-09, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My order for Up and Monsters, Inc. for $0.46 just hit "shipping soon".
Old 11-09-09, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
My order for Up and Monsters, Inc. for $0.46 just hit "shipping soon".
Keep rubbing it it!
Old 11-09-09, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Really though, after hearing a few things here and there I was starting to wonder if they were just going to cancel the order or something.
Old 11-09-09, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just checked my order and it has entered the shipping soon phase. Glad I got the last price adjustment in last night.
Old 11-09-09, 11:47 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Just checked my order and it has entered the shipping soon phase. Glad I got the last price adjustment in last night.
Every time I see a post like this I check my order, but it still says shipping on Nov. 16. I highly doubt it will ship that late, but for once I'd like it shipped earlier than 3-4 days after release.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.