Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-09, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

I think he is full of it cause when i phoned them about why is it iam being told that i cant get the discount applied, but dozens of others are being told and showing proof that the code was applied or a credit was issued in about the same amount. the cs girl said that simply wasnt true and that people post stuff like that on forums just to get as many people as they can to call in and request it so that amazon will give in. (totally bs response especially since i know quite a few of the people on here who have gotten the discount would have no reason to lie about them being granted it) and in any case this is really a matter of a group inept cs reps not knowing there own policies. i am thinking depending on what time it is determins if you get a us rep (who will say sorry but this promo is not applied to you) or a Indian/pakastan rep(who are not being provided the correct information by there superiors and are just granting them) its frustrating to say the least and it really is not fair but at this point iam not going to get a head ache over it any more. if they lower the price between now and sunday i will keep my order (even if by just 5.00) if not i will go with target or bestbuy i think.

i let myself get worked up because it honestly felt like they were just brushing me off when i would ask stating how can you offer it to some and not others. but its so not worth the stress.

and the guy saying that its a scam, your wrong man? its a simple matter of people being lucky and getting there request answered by uninformed or misinformed cs reps.

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I'm afraid that he might be telling the truth. He was really pissed that his 80% off order at Borders from a year ago was cancelled when many others had their orders shipped. If Amazon does really look into this, the main thing that will probably come of it is a bunch of CSRs will get into trouble(possibly fired) for applying these discounts. I wonder if Killjoy thought of this before he fired off his e-mail to the powers that be at Amazon.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-07-09 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-06-09, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

.46 are you kidding lol wow thats funny
Originally Posted by Brent L
I told myself after my total hit $12 that I wouldn't do it anymore, but I just couldn't resist to try just one more time. Now that I'm at $0.46 somehow there isn't much more I could do anyway.
Old 11-06-09, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
i am thinking depending on what time it is determins if you get a us rep (who will say sorry but this promo is not applied to you) or a Indian/pakastan rep(who are not being provided the correct information by there superiors and are just granting them) its frustrating to say the least and it really is not fair but at this point iam not going to get a head ache over it any more.
It's truly a luck of the draw. I've been denied several times and based on the CSR's names, they are all from India. I have also decided to give up the fight. $23 for two Pixar Blu-rays is still a damn fine deal.
Old 11-06-09, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

like the other guy said other deals will come around. and who knows with blackfriday comming up might even be able to find these cheaper in a few weeks.
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
It's truly a luck of the draw. I've been denied several times and based on the CSR's names, they are all from India. I have also decided to give up the fight. $23 for two Pixar Blu-rays is still a damn fine deal.
Old 11-06-09, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most forums track members by the IP address, I'm sure that's what caught that joker.
Reason I don't think IP is because there has to be more than one person in a large company or college campus that's registered here, or two people in the same house, seeing as they'd only get the external IP.

But I could be wrong.
Old 11-06-09, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Mine started at $44.98. After the DISNEYBD $10, Monsters, Inc. $8, pre-order price guaranteeing, and general goofiness, my order sits at $18.96. This is only because they reduced Monsters, Inc to $14.99 and Up to $9.99, which is $0.02 below free shipping and they added $3.97 for shipping. Otherwise my order would be $14.99. Oh, and I have a $10 credit waiting for my next order. So I guess you could say the total is $8.96. Most accommodating CS department EVER.
Old 11-06-09, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

this is the response I got on the $8 promo.

Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of "UP" and "Monsters, Inc." we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. If you have any further questions about this offer, you may wish to contact the Disney directly. You should be able to find contact information on their website.

Again, I am sorry that we are unable to honor this promotion. Please be assured that we value your business and hope that you will honor uswith the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:
Old 11-06-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I canceled my Amazon order and will be heading to Target to PM Best Buy and use both the $10.00 + $8.00 coupon. Final cost should be about $22 and change for both the movies.
Old 11-06-09, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by whotony

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of "UP" and "Monsters, Inc." we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. If you have any further questions about this offer, you may wish to contact the Disney directly. You should be able to find contact information on their website.

Again, I am sorry that we are unable to honor this promotion. Please be assured that we value your business and hope that you will honor uswith the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Yeah, I got a similar response.
Old 11-06-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So far I've struck out on all accounts. They're barely responding to anything (I've sent them slowly over two weeks), and when they do they tell me I'm SOL.
Old 11-06-09, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try again. whotony's email is identical to the first response I received. I send another one, and the $8 was applied. If Disney releases a $10 Up coupon on Tuesday, I'll do my best to have it applied to my order too. Plus, we still may see Monsters Inc. go down to $19.99 in the next couple of days as well.
Old 11-06-09, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Try again.
I shot off 9 letters in 8 days, half during the afternoon and half during midnight with only 2 responses.
Old 11-06-09, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by whotony

That's the email I got earlier when I emailed all three depts. However, about 30 minutes later I got a successful one so just keep trying. Most of my responses have been from India, including the successful one earlier today. As I said earlier, I'm currently sitting at 24.98, which is a great deal. I'm just trying to decide if I should press my luck and try the DISNEYBD coupon request one more time. I think that killjoy was probably full of it, but I wonder if they would cancel someone's order if they thought they were being 'difficult' of if they thought they were asking the question multiple times even after being told no.
Old 11-06-09, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My second response . . .

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of "UP and "Monsters, Inc." we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause. If you have any further questions about this offer, you may wish to contact the Disney*Pixar directly. You should be able to find contact information on their website.

If the Disney*Pixar says that coupon can be redeemed in Amazon, write back to us and we'll apply the promotion for you
Old 11-06-09, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally able to get the $8 coupon applied to my order on the second try. Unfortunately I lost free shipping in the process. Debating to contact them again about getting it back. However overall I managed to cut my order total down an additional $4 to $18.45.
Old 11-06-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got them to do the $8 Monsters Inc. coupon!
"In order to apply this $8.00 coupon, I've reduced the item cost of Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray] by $8.00."
That's it for me. I'm not going to press my luck. Thanks for the encouragement guys! I was getting pretty worn out.
Old 11-06-09, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ksyblues
called amazon and told them about snowhitethanks coupon and they gave me a $10 credit on my next purchase.awesome!!

I had to call them about something else tonight and while I had the CSR on the line, I mentioned this offer/promotion/whatever it is and even though she didn't know anything about it, she didn't hesitate to offer to credit my charge card the $10.
Well, whatever that was, that $10 refund is going to translate into quite a few more orders placed in the next few days/weeks. I already went back and placed a few more pre-orders.
The combo of Amazon's customer service and Prime shipping makes spur of the moment orders hard to resist.
Old 11-07-09, 12:22 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I got the $8 off Monsters Inc using a modified version of Brent L's post. Thanks Brent! I'll be getting them for $24, I'm happy with that! And I had other stuff on the order, so I didn't have any issues going below $25 and losing the free shipping.
Old 11-07-09, 01:12 AM

I've reviewed our previous correspondence and your account. I understand you're concerned about $8 off coupon for Monsters Inc upgrade. I am sorry that we are unable to honor this promotion.

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of Disney we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

Because the circumstances surrounding you, I've made an exception to our standard policy.

I've requested a refund of $8.00 to your Amazon.com Visa card. You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.
Well, the review previous correspondences part has me a little worried. That's the first time they've ever talked about reviewing previous communications. This'll probably be the last time I send numerous emails about the same thing. I'll just stick to the old plan: email once, if they say yes, great! if they say no and ask if i am satisfied, I'll say no. after that if they say yes, great! if not, done is done.

Although I'm still thinking about Brent's dare. Dammit.
Old 11-07-09, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I will give this one a shot though, i didnt get any results the last time i used your message you sent. (thanks for posting that when i asked by the way)
this is my last attempt if amazon shoots this one down, i wont argue with them about it or complain i will simply cancel my order for these on amazon and take the coupons to bestbuy on tuesday and buy it there where it will be about .33cents cheaper than the price of 32.99 i have on amazon right now even after sales tax and i wont have to wait to get it, (since on my order page it says there is a delay in shipment for monsters inc when i go through the pages to get to the point where i can email or call them about that specific order)

UPDATE sent 3 emails one to each department that would have a say in this shot down in 2 of them right away havent heard back from 3rd, I am going to assume they will also say no. Its ok though.
I have canceled my pre orders on them and will now pick them up at Bestbuy tuesday morning instead.
That total includes the default $10 off for buying both at the same time, the normal price drops (which they did manually by just adding $5 to my account for a future purchase), the snowwhitethanks (or whatever that code was), the DISNEYBD code I got them to apply, and then finally the $8 off manufacturer coupon I got them to apply just earlier today.

I sent a few emails to the promotions department, general questions and comments, and refunds. I got my discounts in about ten minutes or less each time.

I was never mean or hateful or anything, and never demanded anything. I just emailed them, was nice, and simply asked if it would possible for them to apply the code to my account. Almost every time they said they don't usually do it, but they'll do it for me for this time.

Here is the exact email I sent about the $8 off coupon:

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-07-09 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-07-09, 01:52 AM

okay, so I sent an email using the BrentL post from earlier and got this reply

"Hello,
I'm sorry, but we don't accept manufacturer's coupons, food stamps, or any other
payment method not listed below, therefore we are unable to accept or apply the
$8 coupon to your order.

While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of Disney, but we are not a
participating dealer for this particular promotion.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.

We accept credit cards, payment from your checking account, Amazon.com gift
cards, and Amazon.com Store Card. You can also purchase gift card codes at
Western Union locations in the U.S. Here are the credit cards we accept:

- American Express
- Diners Club (U.S. orders only)
- Discover
- MasterCard
- Visa, Visa Electron, and Visa Check Cards
- Eurocard
- JCB

You can learn more about these payment methods here:

amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=513058

If you'd prefer to pay with cash, you can buy Amazon.com Gift Card claim codes
with cash from authorized resellers at a store near you. Learn more at:

amazon.com/cashgcresellers

I hope this helps! We look forward to fulfilling your order.
Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:"

Is it just me or is this insulting? I don't know if I am going to call and bitch now or just let it be. I was fine letting it go until I got this. What do you think?
Old 11-07-09, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

hollycrap!!! FOOD STAMPS? they really said they dont accept food stamps.
wow I do have to agree that email is rather rude. I would say yes complain if for no other reason than to voice your disatisfaction at the rude and condesending tone of the letter.

i do know that if i got a response like that i would be immeadiately canceling my pre orders for everything i have from them and calling them to cancel my account and complain about that.

theres no reason for someone to be that way, at the very least you need to forward that to there corperate office,i cant believe that amazons powers that be, would be ok with a customer service rep being so tactless and rude.
Originally Posted by mgcscreen
okay, so I sent an email using the BrentL post from earlier and got this reply

"Hello,
I'm sorry, but we don't accept manufacturer's coupons, food stamps, or any other
payment method not listed below, therefore we are unable to accept or apply the
$8 coupon to your order.

While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of Disney, but we are not a
participating dealer for this particular promotion.

I do apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.

We accept credit cards, payment from your checking account, Amazon.com gift
cards, and Amazon.com Store Card. You can also purchase gift card codes at
Western Union locations in the U.S. Here are the credit cards we accept:

- American Express
- Diners Club (U.S. orders only)
- Discover
- MasterCard
- Visa, Visa Electron, and Visa Check Cards
- Eurocard
- JCB

You can learn more about these payment methods here:

amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=513058

If you'd prefer to pay with cash, you can buy Amazon.com Gift Card claim codes
with cash from authorized resellers at a store near you. Learn more at:

amazon.com/cashgcresellers

I hope this helps! We look forward to fulfilling your order.
Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:"

Is it just me or is this insulting? I don't know if I am going to call and bitch now or just let it be. I was fine letting it go until I got this. What do you think?
Old 11-07-09, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
hollycrap!!! FOOD STAMPS? they really said they dont accept food stamps.
wow I do have to agree that email is rather rude. I would say yes complain if for no other reason than to voice your disatisfaction at the rude and condesending tone of the letter.
No kidding. I would be really upset were a retailer to treat me that condescendingly. What would you say if you walked into Best Buy, asked about using a manufactures coupon, and had a CSR roll their eyes and apologize that they couldnt accept it or food stamps?

If I'm you, I call and threaten to cancel the orders/take my business to a retailer that is willing to show me a little bit more respect.
Old 11-07-09, 03:58 AM

In my opinion, I don't think it's that insulting. I'm sure it's a standard type of form which they fill in the amount you asked for as a discount. These are also typically outsourced people who may not understand the social ramifications of such a statement. To that end, I fully believe that people contact Amazon asking if they'll accept food stamps to be applied to some kind of purchase and this is their canned response.
Old 11-07-09, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

haha how funny is this i just got an email from them now that i canceled my order saying
"We are sorry to see you have canceled your order due to our not being able to apply a promotional discount and difficulities in communicating with us. Please allow us the opprotunity for you reinstate your order, we hope you will reconsider allowing us to serve you. If you wish to reinstate your order press the link below and it will ship upon release. Thank you for your bussiness and we look forward to providing further service in the future."

haha no offers of giving me any discount or applying the promo code simply (in my mind) begging me to reinstate my order. amazon can shove off on this particular order

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.