Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-09, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

Originally Posted by whotony
Pinocchio and Sleeping Beauty were just done, that's why we just got new blu-rays of each of these movies.
They are being re-done

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ray_Plans/3415

"The previously released 'Sleeping Beauty' and 'Pinocchio' will also be re-released at some point with the Diamond Collection treatment."
Old 11-05-09, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 615 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by foladar
What area are you guys trying to contact getting replies that quick? I'm still waiting on a reply from 48 hours ago on a different subject, ugh. I went through the Promotions on the help menu, which has been no help at all with the people working in that area.
Got the original "snowhitethanks" applied through the "other questions" (or whatever), section of customer service. Got the $3 price reduction on UP the same way, though they didn't apply the DISNEYBD discount, instead offering it as a refund later on. I challenged that through BOTH the "other questions" and the "promos & coupons" departments (using the same verbiage), but I'm not sure which one responded. Based solely on the names of the CS reps, I'd guess this latest one came from within North America, the other two from overseas.

I suspect it's just random. Some folks'll get it fast, others will need a few tries. Politeness and good grammar might help as well.
Old 11-05-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by quid squid
They are being re-done

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ray_Plans/3415

"The previously released 'Sleeping Beauty' and 'Pinocchio' will also be re-released at some point with the Diamond Collection treatment."
hmm.
Old 11-05-09, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by quid squid
They are being re-done

99% sure all you are going to get is updated packaging + DVD/Digital Copy. I doubt the main feature and special feature disc will be any different.
Old 11-05-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by gatorclaws
Am I the only one to have all discounts removed in the last hour? They haven't sent me an email about it, they just removed them. I have the email saying they'd take $10 off because DISNEYBD didn't apply, but they've removed it now.
yes. so far.
Old 11-05-09, 02:20 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by gatorclaws
Am I the only one to have all discounts removed in the last hour? They haven't sent me an email about it, they just removed them. I have the email saying they'd take $10 off because DISNEYBD didn't apply, but they've removed it now.
I'm betting too many people were trying the same thing and trying to sneak in discounts that shouldnt apply. They probably noticed a trend and now everyone's gonna get screwed.
Old 11-05-09, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

then thats only fair, its something that they need to apply across the board or not at all. its not fair to selectively say yes to most people and turn others down flat. i have no problem paying 32.XX if thats what everyone else is paying but if a boatload of other people are paying 10 to 20 dollars less and are suppose to have the same rules applied to them then heck yeah, iam going to complain about them not honoring the discount for me as well.
32.XX is a great price for bothmovies but i want the same price everyone else is offered. i got cheated out of the snowwhite 10.00 off last month on amazon so i canceld my order and went with bestbuy instead. i didnt argue with them about it just said ok whatever and canceled my order this time, i am not going to just sit there and see dozens of others brag about getting supper low prices on this cause they manage to get a cs person willing to do it for them.
Originally Posted by cinemaphile
I'm betting too many people were trying the same thing and trying to sneak in discounts that shouldnt apply. They probably noticed a trend and now everyone's gonna get screwed.
Old 11-05-09, 02:30 PM
Cool New Member

Gee thanks for trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
then thats only fair, its something that they need to apply across the board or not at all. its not fair to selectively say yes to most people and turn others down flat. i have no problem paying 32.XX if thats what everyone else is paying but if a boatload of other people are paying 10 to 20 dollars less and are suppose to have the same rules applied to them then heck yeah, iam going to complain about them not honoring the discount for me as well.
32.XX is a great price for bothmovies but i want the same price everyone else is offered. i got cheated out of the snowwhite 10.00 off last month on amazon so i canceld my order and went with bestbuy instead. i didnt argue with them about it just said ok whatever and canceled my order this time, i am not going to just sit there and see dozens of others brag about getting supper low prices on this cause they manage to get a cs person willing to do it for them.
Old 11-05-09, 02:30 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

That would ne just like when those Borders 80% codes hit, a small number of people actually got their orders, while everyone else's (including my orders) got cancelled. Selective enforcement of the rules. I understand if they gotta cancel them, but be consistent. Cancel it for everyone or no one!
Old 11-05-09, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did no such thing but iam just as entitled to that discount as everyone else.
i have had both movies pre orderd since day one. and monsters inc going back to when it was listed to be released in May of this year.

If they are going to give some people the second 10.00 then they should give them to all.
and further more i sent my email yesterday long before you did i am sure, and i get declined but you get approved yeah thats customer service that doesnt fluctuate. NOT!
did you sign up here just to write that comment i see you only have 1 post.

Originally Posted by fatherom
Gee thanks for trying to ruin it for everyone else.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-05-09 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 02:33 PM

I went with Sleeping Beauty.
Old 11-05-09, 02:34 PM
Cool New Member

No, I actually have 2 posts...if you looked, I signed on JUST to thank the original poster for finding the code that got me an extra $10 off my order. Is that all right with you?

Your problem is with Amazon CS reps, not us...don't ruin it for everyone else by complaining so much that they also affect our discounts.

Did no such thing but iam just as entitled to that discount as everyone else.
did you sign up here just to right that comment i see you only have 1 post.
-edited by pilot- lets be civil please.

Last edited by fatherom; 11-05-09 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

My order just dropped another $1.50 to reflect the new price for Monsters Inc.

Now $25.98 ($10 combo and $10 snowhitethanks).
Old 11-05-09, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 615 Likes on 453 Posts

i am not going to just sit there and see dozens of others brag about getting super low prices on this cause they manage to get a cs person willing to do it for them.
You say it's bragging, and I can see how many posts here can be interpreted that way, but it's also sharing so everyone (at least here) can have a shot, and for that I'm grateful. There are still several days before these sets are released. To those who've tried a couple times so far and have not gotten any or all of the various discounts, keep trying. Of course, if people sound this entitled (even if it's understandably so) in their emails to customer service, perhaps that could effect the outcome.
Old 11-05-09, 02:50 PM

Looks like I might have just been unlucky.... time to email them again and try to get the discounts back.
Old 11-05-09, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

my first 2 emails i did not sound entitled or anything at all, i simply stated what was said by the other person who at that time said they were given the discount, " that i had orderd up and monsters inc saw that there was code for an additional 10.00 with the purchase of up and another disney bluray is it possible to have this added to my account"

like i said i got screwed out of the 10.00 off from snow white last month, but instead of really pursuing it i just said forget it and got it at best buy instead.
this time with so many people going on and on and even posting their email responses from amazon and their invoices i said iam going to really go for this cause i have had both of these pre orderd since day one and after the headaches i have had trying to get changes for movies i had preorderd lately that they tried to get out of giving. if they apply to one person they need to apply it to everyone
Originally Posted by Brian T
You say it's bragging, and I can see how many posts here can be interpreted that way, but it's also sharing so everyone (at least here) can have a shot, and for that I'm grateful. There are still several days before these sets are released. To those who've tried a couple times so far and have not gotten any or all of the various discounts, keep trying. Of course, if people sound this entitled (even if it's understandably so) in their emails to customer service, perhaps that could effect the outcome.
Old 11-05-09, 02:57 PM
Cool New Member

Guys,

Can we please keep the back and forth arguments to a minimum or private messages. It clutters the thread and makes it harder for the rest of us to find the information we came looking for.

Thank you
Old 11-05-09, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

lets be civil. posts deleted. no more back and forth please. suspensions will be next if it continues.
Old 11-05-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had $10 removed from mine. Looks like it was the "BDDisney" code that disappeared. Total right now is about $25 for M.Inc./Up.
Old 11-05-09, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received an email from Amazon about the extra $10 for DISNEYBD and was denied. However I did get the price reductions for Monster Inc. and Up applied to my order. Total is now $22.48 for me.
Old 11-05-09, 03:19 PM

Denied. Wait, what price reductions for MI and UP?
Old 11-05-09, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

which price reduction is that? did they reduce the prices again, when i just check it still shows as 19.99 and 22.99 and the 10.00 off bringing it to 32.99
Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I just received an email from Amazon about the extra $10 for DISNEYBD and was denied. However I did get the price reductions for Monster Inc. and Up applied to my order. Total is now $22.48 for me.
Old 11-05-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

which price reduction is that? did they reduce the prices again, when i just check it still shows as 19.99 and 22.99 and the 10.00 off bringing it to 32.99
When I originally ordered Monsters, Inc was $24.49, and Up was $22.99 before the recent price drops. New price reflects the current drops you mentioned.
Old 11-05-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And now, after an email, it's back:

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've reduced the cost of your order by $10.00.

Here is an updated summary of your order:

Subtotal: $25.98
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Total Promotions Applied: - $13.97
Paid by GC: - $5.02
---------------------------------------------
Order Total: $10.96

WTF? They're either catching on or they aren't. The many headed monster of Amazon.

Last edited by cgray; 11-05-09 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

lol absolutely amazing this company is. I will keep trying till sunday, if they dont apply it for me i will just cancel my order and take my bussiness to bestbuy or target. especially now that it says monsters inc will be delayed in shipment(and i ordered it back when it was suppose to be a may release.)
Originally Posted by cgray
And now it's back:

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've reduced the cost of your order by $10.00.

Here is an updated summary of your order:

Subtotal: $25.98
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Total Promotions Applied: - $13.97
Paid by GC: - $5.02
---------------------------------------------
Order Total: $10.96

WTF? They're either catching on or they aren't. The many headed monster of Amazon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.