Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-09, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

Originally Posted by SI78
It keeps getting better. By release date, I fully expect to be paid to take these dvds.
I fully agree! Now I don't know what to do... im in at 27.48... waiting what will happen with further price drops before release date... and now this new code complication...
Old 11-05-09, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 615 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by JoN8282
I fully agree! Now I don't know what to do... im in at 27.48... waiting what will happen with further price drops before release date... and now this new code complication...
Well, there's already one discount—the $3 drop on UP—that you can get without a hitch, to bring your existing order down to $24.48. That additional $10 might require more than one try, but as I noted, you may be able to get it as a refund after shipment, so it'll wind up in your pocket one way or the other.
Old 11-05-09, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

My UP! has still not dropped to $19.99. I'm surprised this isn't automatically done across the board.
Old 11-05-09, 03:41 AM

Mine has not dropped yet either. If it's not by this afternoon I'm going to e-mail them again.
Old 11-05-09, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No more! Stop it! It was bad enough to be tempted to ask for the $10 "snowhitethanks" discount in addition to the $10 combo. Now someone has gotten the $10 "DISNEYBD" discount on top of that and the new price adjustments. That made me send another email. I felt pretty lame asking for both the price adjustments of $3 + $1.50 and the DISNEYBD coupon, but I tried it anyway and we'll see what happens. There shouldn't be any question about the price adjustments, but they could say 1 of the items has already been adjusted. They must be getting tired of all these emails on Up and Monsters Inc.. Strange how their promo says DISNEYBD is not combinable with other discounts and yet it is.

If there were a way I could put a 3rd Blu-Ray in my existing order for its current price minus $10 DISNEYBD, I'd do that, but the "combine orders" function never seems to work for me, and that's a risky proposition to email a rep to do that out of fear they'll mess up some of the other discounts.

Plus, it's always a dilemma which department to choose for the email. It seems like what happens depends on the alignment of the stars (really the rep of the moment and how he/she feels).

BrentL, which department did you choose to get your 2nd $10 discount?
Old 11-05-09, 06:28 AM

^ While I am not BrentL, I got the same double discount. I sent one to the promotions department and one the the "other" department.
Old 11-05-09, 06:34 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
My UP! has still not dropped to $19.99. I'm surprised this isn't automatically done across the board.
I that been my experience that even though the price hasn't been adjusted on the site, I was still charged the lower price and received an email after the fact that I was charged the lower price.

I wouldn't be worried.
Old 11-05-09, 06:35 AM

Alright. I did what Brent L did. I sent the email to the promotions department. If it works, I'll be getting Up and MI for $12.99. I continue to be dumbfounded by this blizzard of promotions.
Old 11-05-09, 07:20 AM

Okay, well, they screwed up my order and instead of adjusting it down to $12.99, they were going to give me Up for free but remove the $10 bundle discount, which evened out to the same price. In addition, they removed the free super saver shipping, which meant that my order actually increased to $26.96. I complained and they put my order back to $22.99 and gave me a $10 promotional credit for my next order. I'm not going to cancel and reorder, because the $10 discount still makes me pay an additional $4 on the order. I'll just save it.
Old 11-05-09, 07:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brent L....you rock......

I copied your email to them, and here is what I got:

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about this.

In order to take advantage of our promotions that we offer for qualifying orders, you must add the item to your Shopping Cart *and* enter the claim code when you place your order.

Because of the circumstances surrounding your order, I've made an exception to our standard policy and reduced the item cost of "Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray]" in your order by $10. Here is your new order summary:

Subtotal: $32.98
Total Promotions Applied: - $10.00
Tax: $0.00
=============================
Order Total: $22.98

Up and Monsters Blu-Ray for $23.......unbelieveable!
Old 11-05-09, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

On a lark, I decided to give it a try. Worked for me. Up is now listed as $2.99 on my order while Monsters, Inc. is still $24.50. So after 3 - $10 discounts my order for both is sitting at $18.52. Monsters, Inc. isn't reflecting the $2 drop yet, I'm hoping for a few more bucks off that one.

Thanks Brent.
Old 11-05-09, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay so I had the Up/Monsters Inc. combo with the $10 off already in my cart this morning when I spotted this new code. I added Cars to use the promo code for another $10 off. So I'm getting all THREE for $42.47 ~ $14 each. NICE!
Old 11-05-09, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by zombeaner
Alright. I did what Brent L did. I sent the email to the promotions department. If it works, I'll be getting Up and MI for $12.99. I continue to be dumbfounded by this blizzard of promotions.
Wow! You beat me by about 50 cents! Seriously, I never expected they'd do it, especially respond this fast. What's weird though is that they changed the promotions and gold box discounts around, so instead of being the ideal $14.50 less than my current order ($10 for the new coupon + $4.50 in price drops), it ended up saving me just under $13.

I just figured out what happened with the extra discounts... they adjusted both to $9.99 for some reason, dropped the gold box discount, and kept the $10 combo discount. However, I'm now getting charged about $4 in shipping since the total is under $25. Too bad I can't add a $6 title into the order to remove the shipping charge. I'd like to ask for that, but do I dare push my luck? I'm afraid the next rep might mess it up and take away the extra discounts.

Now if Up drops below $19.99 or Monsters Inc. drops below $22.99, then what'll I do? Would I dare email to ask for another price adjustment?

EDIT: What's funny about this is the discounts vary depending how the rep chooses to apply them. It's almost like being in Vegas and spinning a wheel to see what your order total will be. Perhaps people should post their final totals for the Up + MI combo and we'll see who has the lowest (winning) price... looks like Zombeaner is in the lead (since I would count a $10 future credit as part of this deal).

Last edited by Manzana; 11-05-09 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-05-09, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
Now if Up drops below $19.99 or Monsters Inc. drops below $22.99, then what'll I do? Would I dare email to ask for another price adjustment?
If it does, wait to see if they don't automatically adjust it themselves. Everyone here seemed to be all over customer service to get refunded for Snow White while I just hung back. Sure enough they sent me an email telling me I had a refund to my account. There's no rush to hassle customer service. They'll handle it correctly next week as much as they'd handle it next hour!
Old 11-05-09, 08:47 AM

I think I'll probably not worry about future price drops as I doubt they will be more than $3 from current levels. However, I'm a little bummed paying about $4 for shipping. This begs the question (in case anyone knows from experience)...

Is there any way to add in a $5.97 DVD to my order? I haven't successfully gotten the combine orders function to work for ages, and the last time I tried to combine a single in-stock order with a pre-order, in the 1 minute it took for me to get to the order status page after hitting place order, the single item already entered the shipping stage and couldn't be combined/cancelled.

If I were to put an in-stock $5.97 item + an unwanted preorder into another order, combine it with my Up + MI preorder, and then delete the unwanted preorder, (1) would it let me combine in the first place and (2) would I jeopardize my other discsounts? My goal is to get back over $25 and remove the shipping charges.
Old 11-05-09, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
If it does, wait to see if they don't automatically adjust it themselves. Everyone here seemed to be all over customer service to get refunded for Snow White while I just hung back. Sure enough they sent me an email telling me I had a refund to my account. There's no rush to hassle customer service. They'll handle it correctly next week as much as they'd handle it next hour!
Agree 100%. They correctly adjusted Snow White for me the following week with no communication. I don't know why people are so antsy.
Old 11-05-09, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pvdfan
^ While I am not BrentL, I got the same double discount. I sent one to the promotions department and one the the "other" department.
Yeah, but I sent the email three or four times to both of those departments.

Technically, counting the $5 credit they added to my account for the price drops, my final combined total for these two BDs is $12.48 if you count credits and future discounts as part of this deal.

I'm glad I could help you guys lower the price that much more.

Last edited by Brent L; 11-05-09 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-05-09, 09:02 AM

Just ordered Up and Monsters Inc and gave contacting customer service a shot!

I don't even own a Bluray player, but I figure if they include DVD copies, why not?
Old 11-05-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was also successful in having the BDDisney apply to just Monsters/Up. I also wrote about the pricedrop on Monsters ($24.99 to $22.99). I didn't push my luck getting them to apply the pricedrop to Up, because they had already reduced that by $10 using snowhitethanks. Also looks like free shipping still applies.

Also, I had a $5.xx giftcard, so my total for all you people without a $5 GC is more like $15. This justifies my first use of

"To correct this error, I've reduced the cost of "Monsters Inc." to 22.99 and have also applied the promo to your order.

New Order Cost:

Subtotal: $25.98
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Total Promotions Applied: - $13.97
Tax: $0.00
Paid by GC: - $5.02
----------------------------------------------
Order Total: $10.96
Old 11-05-09, 09:31 AM

Success! CS gave me the extra $10 off making the order total $22.98 for Up and Monsters Inc!

Now maybe I should have asked this before I emailed Amazon, but how are some people getting the snowhitethanks applied to this? I thought that was an old promotion for the Snow White Bluray...
Old 11-05-09, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well i just got my total down to 25.98 after they took $2 more off Monsters Inc.

If I got it down more, i guess I'd lose the free shipping.
Old 11-05-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When my order dropped below $25 I didn't lose my free shipping.
Old 11-05-09, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L
Same here.
Old 11-05-09, 10:03 AM

Since I was so "smart" to order Monster's Inc. from Amazon UK over the summer, I'm not having near as much fun as you guys, but my order for UP is now down to $9.49 on its own. $27.99, less gold box discount, less Snow White Thanks $10 discount (added after I sent an e-mail asking for it), and now less another $8 for the price drop to $19.99 (which I had to request). So I am quite happy with $9.49 for UP.
Old 11-05-09, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
So what should request next? Up is 12.99. Monsters Inc Is 22.99. There's the $10 off that total . . .

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.