Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-09, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 off Up and Monsters, Inc. pre-order at Amazon

Originally Posted by Brent L
When my order dropped below $25 I didn't lose my free shipping.
It depends how they adjust the order. Did they individually adjust the items to prices below $25 before discounts? They did on mine, so my subtotal was $19.98.

However, I called up and asked them to add in 1 of those $5.79 titles which they did pushing myself back over free shipping, so I got $4 back by buying a $5.79 title. Amazon has been pretty cool lately. I don't know if that's because they feel happy with their stock at all-time record highs or something else, but I hope it'll last... especially as they have a distribution center nearby and I usually get my free shipping orders in 1 day.
Old 11-05-09, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I was going to do the coupon(s) or rebate(s) type stuff with these, but figured if Amazon worked out well, it will be much less of a hassle.. Ordered and contacted customer service.. now time will tell if I cancel with Amazon and go back to original plan of coupons and rebates..
Old 11-05-09, 10:32 AM

I sent an email to Amazon CS about DISNEYBD promotion code, and they reduced my UP! and Monsters Inc order to 22.98 (From 32.98). My initial order was 44.98, now it is 22.98. Also free shipping. This is a best deal so far for me with Amazon.
Old 11-05-09, 10:48 AM

I ordered Up/Monsters Inc. this morning. I got the $10 combo discount on those plus used the other discount to get Cars with $10 off and free super saver shipping for a total of $42.47.

That's not bad by itself but I then emailed Amazon and asked to apply the "snow white thanks" $10 discount and received the following email...

Hello,

I'm sorry this promotion wasn't applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've reduced the cost of your order by $10. Here is your
new order summary:

Subtotal: $52.47
Shipping & Handling: $4.96
Total Promotions Applied: - $24.96
Tax: $0.00
=============================
Order Total: $32.47
=============================

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Three Pixar blu-rays for $10.82 each? Hell yes, this solution works for me!
Old 11-05-09, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Orders shouldn't lose the free shipping when they're automatically price-adjusted to below $25. It's the manual adjustments that people are requesting via email that cause that. In the past I've found that all you need to do is mention that you had free shipping and they're adjustment caused it to be removed when it shouldn't have and that you'd like to get your free shipping back.
Old 11-05-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
I think I'll probably not worry about future price drops as I doubt they will be more than $3 from current levels. However, I'm a little bummed paying about $4 for shipping. This begs the question (in case anyone knows from experience)...

Is there any way to add in a $5.97 DVD to my order? I haven't successfully gotten the combine orders function to work for ages, and the last time I tried to combine a single in-stock order with a pre-order, in the 1 minute it took for me to get to the order status page after hitting place order, the single item already entered the shipping stage and couldn't be combined/cancelled.

If I were to put an in-stock $5.97 item + an unwanted preorder into another order, combine it with my Up + MI preorder, and then delete the unwanted preorder, (1) would it let me combine in the first place and (2) would I jeopardize my other discsounts? My goal is to get back over $25 and remove the shipping charges.
I emailed them to add Family Guy Vol 7 to my order and they did it without it affecting my order discounts.
Old 11-05-09, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

EDIT: What's funny about this is the discounts vary depending how the rep chooses to apply them. It's almost like being in Vegas and spinning a wheel to see what your order total will be. Perhaps people should post their final totals for the Up + MI combo and we'll see who has the lowest (winning) price... looks like Zombeaner is in the lead (since I would count a $10 future credit as part of this deal).
My order total for Up, MI and Family Guy Vol 7 is $7.97 at the moment, but will go down at least $3 because of Up dropping and maybe into negative (like it was before I added Family Guy)if DISNEYBD will be applied too
Old 11-05-09, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! You beat me by about 50 cents! Seriously, I never expected they'd do it, especially respond this fast. What's weird though is that they changed the promotions and gold box discounts around, so instead of being the ideal $14.50 less than my current order ($10 for the new coupon + $4.50 in price drops), it ended up saving me just under $13.

I just figured out what happened with the extra discounts... they adjusted both to $9.99 for some reason, dropped the gold box discount, and kept the $10 combo discount. However, I'm now getting charged about $4 in shipping since the total is under $25. Too bad I can't add a $6 title into the order to remove the shipping charge. I'd like to ask for that, but do I dare push my luck? I'm afraid the next rep might mess it up and take away the extra discounts.

Now if Up drops below $19.99 or Monsters Inc. drops below $22.99, then what'll I do? Would I dare email to ask for another price adjustment?

EDIT: What's funny about this is the discounts vary depending how the rep chooses to apply them. It's almost like being in Vegas and spinning a wheel to see what your order total will be. Perhaps people should post their final totals for the Up + MI combo and we'll see who has the lowest (winning) price... looks like Zombeaner is in the lead (since I would count a $10 future credit as part of this deal).
The guy that has the total being a negative number right now is the guy that wins.
Old 11-05-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
The guy that has the total being a negative number right now is the guy that wins.
Jeff Bezos has agreed to deliver my free DVDs in person. To Canada. That should put me in the lead.
Old 11-05-09, 11:29 AM

Check this out!

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray]
By: Billy Crystal, et al
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
$9.99
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None Change gift options

1 of: Up (4 Disc Combo Pack with Digital Copy and DVD) [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray]
By: Edward Asner, et al
Condition: New
$19.99
- 1 item(s) Gift options: None Change gift options

Item(s) Subtotal: $29.98
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Best Value Savings: -$10.00
Super Saver Discount: -$3.97
-----
Total Before Tax: $19.98
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $19.98

This was following a simple e-mail asking for the DISNEYBD offer.
Old 11-05-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i just sent an email to "other" asking when my cart would reflect the price drop on up (still 22.99 in my cart) and if it was possible to apply the DISNEYBD coupon to my order. we shall see what happens.
Old 11-05-09, 11:43 AM

How did you word your request? I have tried, and gotten shot down by Amazon for any of the discount requests that have been mentioned here. I would love to get my order down to $22.98. I just may have to see what the Target deal is like with the coupons if this doesn't pan out.

Originally Posted by nkumar
I sent an email to Amazon CS about DISNEYBD promotion code, and they reduced my UP! and Monsters Inc order to 22.98 (From 32.98). My initial order was 44.98, now it is 22.98. Also free shipping. This is a best deal so far for me with Amazon.
Old 11-05-09, 11:49 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My order total for Up/ Monster's Inc was lowered to $22.98 after emailing Amazon this morning about the DISNEYBD promotion. They never emailed me to confirm. I just randomly checked my order online and saw the discount. Still have free shipping. Keep in mind that I was denied all 6 times with the snowhitethanks promotion request. So, I'm going to leave well-enough alone and be happy with this current price.
Old 11-05-09, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

You guys seem to be having entirely too much fun, so I decided to take the plunge. I sent an email requesting the snowhitethanks discount to be applied. Let's see if it works ... If not, I'm ready to send out another email about the DISNEYBD code.
Old 11-05-09, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In my case, I felt I really did deserve the DISNEYBD offer in addition to the UP/Monsters Bluray $10 off because I had JUST purchased the Pinocchio BD two days ago when it was a gold box item for $18.99 (a whole dollar off normal price) combined with another order to get free shipping. So I ordered the UP/Monsters Inc combo and sent an email explaining I would like the DISNEYBD since, technically I did order a title from the list. It took about two minutes for my total to from $32.98 to $22.98. Now that's service!
Old 11-05-09, 12:38 PM

Sent my email a little bit ago, let's hope I hear back. Some of you guys are getting some fast responses, nothing on mine yet though.

EDIT: Just heard back, they said I had to pick from one of the films on the list. Now, what do I want?

Last edited by quid squid; 11-05-09 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I still havent gotten a email back over almost a whole day latter, figgures they wouldnt do this for me.
Old 11-05-09, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got denied getting the DINSEYBD promotion applied to the Up/Monster's Inc 32.98 price...should I send another email to them and try again?
Old 11-05-09, 01:00 PM

I emailed to ask about getting an additional $10 discount for the DISNEYBD promotion for my order of Up/Monsters, but got shot down:

Your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, "Monsters, Inc." is not one of the DVDs on the list eligible for this promotion.
Old 11-05-09, 01:05 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you guys!

I emailed customer service asking if they could apply the DISNEYBD code to my Monsters Inc/Up order, and within 10 minutes my order already reflected the change:

Since the subtotal is still above $25, didn't lose my free shipping!

You guys rock!

Chris

1 of: Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray]
$12.99

1 of: Up (4 Disc Combo Pack with Digital Copy and DVD) [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray]
$19.99

Item(s) Subtotal: $32.98
Shipping & Handling: $3.97
Best Value Savings: -$10.00
Super Saver Discount: -$3.97
-----
Total Before Tax: $22.98
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $22.98
Old 11-05-09, 01:07 PM

I have a quick question. I ordered Sleeping Beauty BD 3 weeks ago. I also placed an order for UP,Monster Inc, and Cars for $42.XX. Could somebody help me with what kind of email i should send to them ?
Should i email to Amazon CS asking them to apply; DISNEYBD promotion code or "snow white thanks" $10 discount or both ? Could someone who already emailed them and got a positive respond share their email with us ?

Thanks to all DVDTALKers.

Last edited by melih69; 11-05-09 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 01:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the combo and shot a couple of emails like everyone did here and my order total shows $22.99.

Last edited by Winky; 11-05-09 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Removed the Amazon email and order details because it was causing some discord here.
Old 11-05-09, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ Which category of customer service did you send you email (s) to?
Old 11-05-09, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hapgilmore
^ Which category of customer service did you send you email (s) to?
And more importantly, how did you get there (i.e., to that particular email address)? I can't find where to email them (in any category) to save my life (but go easy on me - I'm in my last trimester and maternity brain fully reigns right now).
Old 11-05-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bwsmom
And more importantly, how did you get there (i.e., to that particular email address)? I can't find where to email them (in any category) to save my life (but go easy on me - I'm in my last trimester and maternity brain fully reigns right now).
Go to the help page and on the right side there is an email link.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.