Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Snow White - $9.99 at Amazon with $10 Off Coupon Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-09, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Snow White - $9.99 at Amazon with $10 Off Coupon Code

Having already placed the $7.50 deposit for free steelbook offer at Best Buy, I wonder if they would still price match the Walmart $19.96 price? The deposit legal terms on the steelbook do not state what the price would be on the release date.

If yes, then $19.96 - $10 manufacturers coupon = $9.96. Then there is the Best Buy $15 gift certificate offer for purchasing another Disney blu-ray on the same receipt (the list of available titles is larger online)...hmmm. I wonder if I can apply my $7.50 deposit towards this offer instead?
Old 10-05-09, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by tofferman
Having already placed the $7.50 deposit for free steelbook offer at Best Buy, I wonder if they would still price match the Walmart $19.96 price? The deposit legal terms on the steelbook do not state what the price would be on the release date.

If yes, then $19.96 - $10 manufacturers coupon = $9.96. Then there is the Best Buy $15 gift certificate offer for purchasing another Disney blu-ray on the same receipt (the list of available titles is larger online)...hmmm
IIRC, if there is a special 'item' involved, you get the item or the price match, not both.
Old 10-05-09, 12:51 PM

Amazon has dropped their price to $19.99 now. It was in my Gold Box for $18.99, so it totaled $8.99 after the SNOWHITE COUPON.
Old 10-05-09, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Snow White - $9.99 at Amazon with $10 Off Coupon Code

Originally Posted by jreedbritt
Amazon has dropped their price to $19.99 now. It was in my Gold Box for $18.99, so it totaled $8.99 after the SNOWHITE COUPON.

Was happy with $14.99, but this is even better since it matches all the other low prices out there, plus no tax for me.
Old 10-05-09, 01:13 PM

Yup, just saw that. So I had originally ordered from Amazon at $14.99, then cancelled that the other day and walked down to TRU (Times Square) to preorder there, then just saw that Amazon reduced their price and re-ordered from there. I'll pay a couple of bucks extra and be done with this and just wait for it to show up at home (love Amazon Prime for times like this).
Old 10-05-09, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jreedbritt
Glad I decided to cancel my original order a few days ago. I thought with all the deals popping up there was a good chance Amazon would lower the price. However didn't get it in my gold box. Still a good deal with the $10 off coupon.
Old 10-05-09, 01:50 PM

It's not in my gold box for today (bummer!).... but $9.99 is still way too good of a deal to pass up.... and I'm in it just for the dvd version, lol.... but this means I don't have to wait any longer and the price still can't be beat..... great deal, thanks for all the people who contributed info to this thread!
Old 10-05-09, 01:53 PM

Will amazon lower the price automatically for my pre-order?
Old 10-05-09, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My order is in a "shipping soon" stage, so I sent them an e-mail asking them to adjust the price. It's awesome that they dropped the price on it! I was going to cancel today and get it in store - I guess I was too late to do that, but now I'll get the $10 price anyway and no tax to boot!
Old 10-05-09, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by komsik
They usually do, but I'm going to keep my eye out for the next couple of days for an email about a refund. Mine already shipped, so I was already charged. It shouldn't make a difference that I used the $10 off coupon, should it?
Old 10-05-09, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by komsik
If they don't change it e-mail them. They have to honor the $19.99 price point for the item now since they have a Pre-Order Price Guarantee.
Old 10-05-09, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by clckworang
They usually do, but I'm going to keep my eye out for the next couple of days for an email about a refund. Mine already shipped, so I was already charged. It shouldn't make a difference that I used the $10 off coupon, should it?
No, it will not make a difference. That promotion is separate from the price that Amazon is charging you, which should offer you the lowest price of the release before it's release date because of their Guarantee. You can e-mail or call them requesting a refund if they do not create one automatically.
Old 10-05-09, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by GenPion
No, it will not make a difference. That promotion is separate from the price that Amazon is charging you, which should offer you the lowest price of the release before it's release date because of their Guarantee. You can e-mail or call them requesting a refund if they do not create one automatically.
I decided to take the initiative and sent them an email. I've never had any problems with Amazon customer service before; I don't anticipate this being any different.
Old 10-05-09, 02:07 PM

Snow White causes a lot of Mess.

I ordered from best buy and opened the steelbook. Don't know what to do.
Old 10-05-09, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just called and had my price adjusted. Ended up paying less than $15 shipped for Snow White and a copy of The Sea Hawk (which, for some reason, I haven't owned before).
Old 10-05-09, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This price is just sick... Darn it, I guess Best Buy is getting their steelbook back. It isn't worth the extra money to me...
Old 10-05-09, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
Originally Posted by GenPion
If they don't change it e-mail them. They have to honor the $19.99 price point for the item now since they have a Pre-Order Price Guarantee.
Thanks for the replies, Mine hasn't shipped yet so I will go ahead and email them just to be safe.
Old 10-05-09, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts

I called and didn't have any luck so when I got the "did we resolve your inquiry" email I clicked no and explained the situation. Here's is their response:

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us. Unfortunately, we do not have a post-order price guarantee.

I've reviewed your order and see that the price change is significant from the time the item shipped.

Under the circumstances, I'll make a one-time exception for you and issue a refund for the price difference in the amount of $5.00. You should see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Please understand that I'm issuing this refund because of the exceptional circumstances, and I'm doing this for you against our standard policy.

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A PRICE GUARANTEE?
While we don't always beat the best available price on every product, we do offer deep discounts on many thousands of items. From time to time, prices on some items will change due to special offers from suppliers and manufacturers or our inventory and sales volumes. When we can offer a lower price for new purchases we will, but we cannot extend these discounts to completed orders.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com. We look forward to your next visit.
So now I'm putting Amazon out for honoring their pre-order Price Guarantee. I want to respond and bitch but it won't let me email them anymore. Only call. I'm not sure I care enough to call and bitch someone out.
Old 10-05-09, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I called and didn't have any luck so when I got the "did we resolve your inquiry" email I clicked no and explained the situation. Here's is their response:

So now I'm putting Amazon out for honoring their pre-order Price Guarantee. I want to respond and bitch but it won't let me email them anymore. Only call. I'm not sure I care enough to call and bitch someone out.
That's ridiculous, but at least you did in fact get the refund. Amazon.com can be annoying to deal with in terms of Customer Service sometimes, which is unfortunate.
Old 10-05-09, 04:03 PM

Thanks to OP for the "heads up." My Amazon order status showed "shipping soon" but, I called and got the price adjusted - - no fuss, no muss.
Old 10-05-09, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I might just keep the steelbook from Best Buy and sell it at some point later. I'm sure I can get the $7.50 plus taxes for it.

The Amazon deal is too good to pass up because I know Best Buy will not allow me to pricematch and use a coupon on it.
Old 10-05-09, 04:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

The Guarantee is very clear:

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered before the end of the day of the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you did not use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact Customer Service.
Check your CC statement online for the refund.
Old 10-05-09, 04:51 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

I shot an email to Amazon requesting the preorder price guarantee (my order hasn't shipped yet). I got shot down last time I did this (when Lost Season 2 was also on sale for 50% off), but hopefully they honor their policy this time.
Old 10-05-09, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Pitchman
Thanks to OP for the "heads up." My Amazon order status showed "shipping soon" but, I called and got the price adjusted - - no fuss, no muss.
Same here. Glad I caught this before it shipped tomorrow, I'm sure it would have been much more difficult then.
Old 10-05-09, 04:58 PM

I went to TRU this morning and preordered the show white blu ray and I will receive $5.00 gift card when I pick it up tomorrow. With the $10 off coupon and this $5.00 GC, the blu ray only costs me $5.00. Good deal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.