Snow White - $9.99 at Amazon with $10 Off Coupon Code

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Snow White - $9.99 at Amazon with $10 Off Coupon Code

Old 09-28-09, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Snow White - $9.99 at Amazon with $10 Off Coupon Code

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
How do you get the 5 dollars off either Monsters Inc or Up?
Just put it in your cart and it automatically takes it off during checkout. For all of these "coupons" I've never had to enter a code. It just automatically is applied depending on whichever item(s) I have in my cart.
Old 09-28-09, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."

I already ordered a copy successfully yesterday, was trying to get a second one.
I got the same error. I couldn't use the $10 off snow white and $8 off tinker bell lost treasure for buying both. The $10 off works but it won't let me put TINKSNOW code to get the $8 off. I even tried not to apply the $10 off to test it but it still won't let me put $8 off code. I have never use these codes on my account.
Old 09-28-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I put Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray] in my cart and go to check out, get to the final page of checkout and it still show $28.49 with no savings (beyond Super Saver Shipping) on the right side. Very annoying. No idea if there's some trick to it or if it's random on some accounts...
Old 09-28-09, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDude! View Post
I put Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray] in my cart and go to check out, get to the final page of checkout and it still show $28.49 with no savings (beyond Super Saver Shipping) on the right side. Very annoying. No idea if there's some trick to it or if it's random on some accounts...
That's exactly what was happening to me. I just gave up on pre-ordering either one and will look for a better deal down the road.
Old 09-28-09, 06:43 PM

Still works. Ordered with a video game that comes out the same week to get free shipping.

Thanks OP.
Old 09-28-09, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't know if people are aware of this or not, but a only a small filler item is required to get free shipping since amazon calculates the $25 fs treshold on the pre-coupon price. Any extra item all the way down to a penny qualifies.
Old 09-28-09, 08:38 PM

I preordered Snow White (the Blu-ray packaging version) from Amazon bak in April when it first went up and was then priced above $25. I therefore triggered free shipping which they have (mistakenly) allowed me to retain despite the pre-order price guarentee kicking in and lowering the actual item price to one penny under $25. I would like to keep it this way but also apply the coupon code to my existing order - which it does not seem ot allow me to do for some reason as it says the code is invalid when I enter it on the page for that order. If I have to cancel and reorder with the code, it will still be cheaper than $24.99, but if I can get it to work with my existing order then it is $14.99 shipped. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with this?
Old 09-28-09, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jake Lipson View Post
I preordered Snow White (the Blu-ray packaging version) from Amazon bak in April when it first went up and was then priced above $25. I therefore triggered free shipping which they have (mistakenly) allowed me to retain despite the pre-order price guarentee kicking in and lowering the actual item price to one penny under $25. I would like to keep it this way but also apply the coupon code to my existing order - which it does not seem ot allow me to do for some reason as it says the code is invalid when I enter it on the page for that order. If I have to cancel and reorder with the code, it will still be cheaper than $24.99, but if I can get it to work with my existing order then it is $14.99 shipped. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with this?
Perhaps you can email or phone Amazon CS and ask them to apply it for you?
Old 09-29-09, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jake Lipson View Post
Yeah, just email them. I already did so successfully, as I had an item in my order that already shipped and therefore couldn't cancel. They reduced the price of Snow White by $10, rather than applying the coupon. I just have to keep an eye out now, since I don't think the preorder price guarantee will kick in as a result, should they lower the price.
Old 09-29-09, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed my order. I ordered the Blu-ray and a re-usable grocery bag for $1.59 which totaled $26.58 and got me free shipping since they didn't apply the $10 promo until after free shipping. So bonus for me!
Old 09-29-09, 06:58 PM

I ordered from Amazon, but now I may cancel since I got the weekly ad for Giant Eagle grocery store today. They will have the Snow White BD for $9.99 after manufacturer's coupon (downloaded) and with Advantage card. I posted a scan of the ad over on the HTF bargains subforum.
Old 09-29-09, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks hondo21 - I confirmed this by looking at next week's ad for my store online, and they have the same thing. PLUS, it comes with a coupon (probably out of the store coupon printers) for $6 a gift card purchase.

http://www.gianteagle.com/Specials/W...cialsView.aspx

Amazon is canceled.
Old 09-29-09, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I posted this in the "Fred Meyer 30%-off BD" thread in this forum:

Just a head's up that the 30%-off will be in effect thru Oct. 10th (according to the store sign). This means that Snow White BD will be $20.99 (assuming a normal selling price of $29.99) next week. Combine that with the $10 off manufacturer's coupon and final price is $10.99
Old 10-01-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 423 Likes on 213 Posts

FYI, the DVD packaging version has been reduced to 24.99, and my pre-order price guarantee has ajdusted, but since I ordered when it was 25.99, I got FSSS, so 14.99 shipped. Not bad.
Old 10-01-09, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am looking to cancel from Amazon to get it at Walmart, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks Amazon will match the Walmart price. It seems like this one is going to be a nationally advertised price, so maybe there's a chance for a match.
Old 10-01-09, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by jiggyblau View Post
I am looking to cancel from Amazon to get it at Walmart, but I'm wondering if anyone thinks Amazon will match the Walmart price. It seems like this one is going to be a nationally advertised price, so maybe there's a chance for a match.
is it out on walmart? I was going there today?
Old 10-01-09, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggyblau View Post
Just what is the Wal*Mart price? Thanks.
Old 10-01-09, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Toysrus (instore Only) Pre-order BLU Ray version for $19.99 and get free $5 GC - $10 Off coupon = $10 plus taxes with free $5 GC
Old 10-01-09, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Just what is the Wal*Mart price? Thanks.
It's $19.96 for the BR/DVD combo pack.
Old 10-01-09, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12 View Post
Toysrus (instore Only) Pre-order BLU Ray version for $19.99 and get free $5 GC - $10 Off coupon = $10 plus taxes with free $5 GC
How much do you have to put down for the pre-order deposit? Do you get the $5 GC immediately or when you pick up the Blu-ray? Thanks!
Old 10-01-09, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The TRU deal is truly tempting. My main problem is that the nearest one is 9 miles (each way) out of my way, and I remember the last time I was there the DVD guy said they had a limited supply of preorders, so they may not even have any left by now. I think the bigger issue is my time to drive an 18 mile round trip which outweights the value of the $5 GC.

I'm hoping I can get BBY to PM the $19.99 TRU price, still let me keep the steelbook, and use the $10 off Disney coupon. Fat chance, right? I'm sure some people will have success, but for me it's a big YMMV.

To further complicate it, I preordered Snow White for $15 from Amazon along with the Tinkerbell BRs for a discount. I'd like to find out what happens on Tuesday before going ahead with my Amazon preorder. Normally I think it would enter shipping and be uncancelable on Friday or Saturday. However, my Amazon preorder shows Snow White BR with an October 13th shipping estimate, and my 2 Tinkerbells show a November 2nd shipping estimate (though I selected group items together option).

Do other people's Amazon preorders also show Snow White BR as not shipping for another week? I wonder if suddenly it'll change and ship before Tuesday when I'll know if I was successful at BBY? Would it do any good to call Amazon and ask them to please not ship it separately from the Tinkerbells?

Dilemmas... dilemmas.
Old 10-01-09, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Do other people's Amazon preorders also show Snow White BR as not shipping for another week?
Mine seems to be scheduled for release day, but I have Amazon Prime.
Old 10-01-09, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 423 Likes on 213 Posts

My Amazon pre-orders (with Super Saver Shipping) usually show a shipping date several days after the release date, but then I usually still get the shipping notice on the day of release.
Old 10-01-09, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by snausages View Post
How much do you have to put down for the pre-order deposit? Do you get the $5 GC immediately or when you pick up the Blu-ray? Thanks!
Thanks will need to go to TRU this weekend. I'm not in any rush to get this (wish they would release the new, good movies on blu--not this ancient stuff), so canceled my amazon order. Worst case, BB will also have for $24.99 next week and I can use the coupon there.
Old 10-02-09, 02:43 AM

The TRU sale seems really good. I have it pre-ordered at BB, but I ordered it online for in-store pickup, and the steelbook shipped to me (for free). Curious if I cancel the pre-order if they would charge me $7.50 or whatever the amount of the steelbook is. Would love to pick this up for $10 at TRU.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.