$10 off Disney's earth on Blu-ray

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 off Disney's earth on Blu-ray

Old 09-04-09, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 off Disney's earth on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Decker
I'm at the magic 3000 point level -- not sure what I should buy. Thinking of the Randal sculpture or the Dr Finklestein one. NOthing blows me away, but nothing else on the near horizon looks much better.
I really wish they would start offering some useful stuff in their rewards program, like DVD's and Blu-Rays that you wouldn't find in a bargain bin somewhere. If they want to reward us for buying their products, they should actually reward us.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that they don't have to give us any rewards at all. It's not that I'm ungrateful. But most of that stuff is cheap crap, the equivalent of the "rewards" you get at your local arcade.

They charge enough money for their Blu-Rays, how much could it possibly harm them to give us one for free if we buy 5-10?
Old 09-04-09, 08:03 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

There is a 5 dollar rebate at www.marcalsmallsteps.com until 11/30 if buy two small steps products and Disney's Earth
Old 09-04-09, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
I really wish they would start offering some useful stuff in their rewards program, like DVD's and Blu-Rays that you wouldn't find in a bargain bin somewhere. If they want to reward us for buying their products, they should actually reward us.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that they don't have to give us any rewards at all. It's not that I'm ungrateful. But most of that stuff is cheap crap, the equivalent of the "rewards" you get at your local arcade.

They charge enough money for their Blu-Rays, how much could it possibly harm them to give us one for free if we buy 5-10?
It's a little o/t and was covered somewhere else recently, but on your birthday, they email you a code for a free blu-ray disc (+$2.95 S&H). The choice was Meet The Robinsons, Enchanted, National Treasure, The Game Plan or High School Musical 2.

I had most of those and reluctantly ordered HSM2, but nice of them to give you a freebie like that. The Robinsons disc is a stunner, visually.
Old 09-04-09, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by CaptStormy
Went to BJ's with this coupon. 9.99 Out the door for the Blu Ray.
Ditto.

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
How did you get Best Buy to price match without an ad?
Originally Posted by Drav3n
i grabbed the movie, took it to the register, asked to price match to BJ's for $19.99 and she did. I gave coupon for $10 and it came out to $10.xx
Not bad. BJ's rarely (if ever) advertises their instant rebates on BDs/DVDs. You probably would have had to use an actual purchase receipt from BJ's as proof of the sale price for a match.
Old 09-04-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's a little o/t and was covered somewhere else recently, but on your birthday, they email you a code for a free blu-ray disc (+$2.95 S&H). The choice was Meet The Robinsons, Enchanted, National Treasure, The Game Plan or High School Musical 2.

I had most of those and reluctantly ordered HSM2, but nice of them to give you a freebie like that. The Robinsons disc is a stunner, visually.
True, that is a pretty nice perk. Hopefully they'll have a couple more titles by the time March rolls around
Old 09-05-09, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Picked up Earth at Target today. It was $25.99 and I used the $10 off coupon w/ no problems at all. $15.99 for a beautiful looking nature documentary is an awesome price.

I agree with the earlier comment, the Rewards in the Disney Rewards program suck. It's better than nothing, but I have almost 1500 points and there is not a damn thing that I find useful at all. Even the DVD's are crap.
Old 09-05-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks OP! Got mine at BJs for $9.99 after rebate! I even went through self checkout with no problems and got 200 Disney Movie Rewards points
Old 09-05-09, 09:27 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I've been a rewards member for like two years and have NEVER gotten that offer!
Old 09-05-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
My Best Buy didn't have the coupon in the system. She had to ask the manager for help. He gave me the $10 off and I watched him throw the coupon in the garbage. $14.99 isn't bad.
I don't know if they threw it away, but when they scanned the coupon it didn't do anything and also had to get a manager to manually take off the $10. Is it always a YMMV with these Disney coupons? I'm just wondering if I am going to have the same trouble when I use the Snow White one.
Old 09-06-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I don't know if they threw it away, but when they scanned the coupon it didn't do anything and also had to get a manager to manually take off the $10. Is it always a YMMV with these Disney coupons? I'm just wondering if I am going to have the same trouble when I use the Snow White one.
I have found it to be the case that A LOT of coupons don't come up in BB's system...I just went there this week with an actual printed (not internet printed) coupon from Disney for $10 off of a TV season (Desperate Housewives), and their computer did not recognize it...