Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Old 08-27-09, 08:47 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,653
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

At Suncoast, trade in any 2 used DVD's with a minimum trade in value of at least $1, and you can get any NEW $19.99 Blu-Ray for $5. There's a decent enough selection to make this a good deal. I traded in 2 worthless used titles and got Semi-Pro BD. I'm going to bring more in later.
Some of the titles offered (but there are MANY more):
Appaloosa
Golden Compass
Semi-Pro
Stir of Echoes
Hairspray
Hostel (Unrated)
Total Recall
First Blood
Fred Claus
Polar Express
I Am Legend
Swordfish
Blue Planet
Dirty Dancing

EDITED TO REMOVE FYE since FYE has not yet been confirmed to be offering this promotion...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-31-09 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-27-09, 11:13 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 435
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

I can't see them having too many decent blu rays that are $19.99
Old 08-27-09, 11:27 AM
  #3  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,653
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat View Post
I can't see them having too many decent blu rays that are $19.99
I thought it was a pretty good selection. The MSRP wasn't 19.99. It's just what they are selling them for... The only specific titles I remember are Appaloosa, Golden Compass, and Semi-Pro, but there were many to choose from. I remember those since I don't have them and was considering them. I quickly dismissed any title I already owned...

I look at it as a great way to get rid of a worthless used DVD. I'm not saying to trade in anything with a good trade-in value. You can look at the prices offered on secondspin.com. If it is worth $1 or $2, those are the titles I'm trading in...
Old 08-27-09, 11:30 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I thought it was a pretty good selection. The MSRP wasn't 19.99. It's just what they are selling them for... The only specific titles I remember are Appaloosa, Golden Compass, and Semi-Pro, but there were many to choose from. I remember those since I don't have them and was considering them. I quickly dismissed any title I already owned...

I look at it as a great way to get rid of a worthless used DVD. I'm not saying to trade in anything with a good trade-in value. You can look at the prices offered on secondspin.com. If it is worth $1 or $2, those are the titles I'm trading in...
I'll likely be visiting my local mall later anyways, so I'll check this out. Thanks, kenbenobi.
Old 08-27-09, 11:56 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA , USA
Posts: 264
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

kenbenobi,
Is the $5 Blu-Ray a used, or new, disc? My local FYE has a small selection of new discs. But their used section is pretty expansive.
Old 08-27-09, 12:22 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 448
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
At Trans World stores (Suncoast/FYE), trade in any 2 used DVD's with a minimum trade in value of at least $1, and you can get any $19.99 Blu-Ray for $5. There's a decent enough selection to make this a good deal. I traded in 2 worthless used titles and got Semi-Pro BD. I'm going to bring more in later.
How did you hear about this deal for Suncoast/FYE? Is there a coupon I need to look for and bring into the store, or do they have a flyer advertising the deal in-store? Thanks!
Old 08-27-09, 01:14 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 2,458
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

I would defintely like to hear more about this promotion at various store locations..I am not close to one..but maybe worth the drive...
Old 08-27-09, 01:16 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,653
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by RTorres481 View Post
kenbenobi,
Is the $5 Blu-Ray a used, or new, disc? My local FYE has a small selection of new discs. But their used section is pretty expansive.
The $5 BD is NEW. I'll update the first post to make that clear. Good point.
Old 08-27-09, 01:17 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,653
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by Jfunk1 View Post
How did you hear about this deal for Suncoast/FYE? Is there a coupon I need to look for and bring into the store, or do they have a flyer advertising the deal in-store? Thanks!
No coupon. Hopefully all of the stores are aware of this promotion. My store had a big sign up front. I saw it earlier in the week, and finally traded in 2 titles for a BD last night...
Old 08-27-09, 01:21 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,653
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by IamLegend View Post
I would defintely like to hear more about this promotion at various store locations..I am not close to one..but maybe worth the drive...
Before you drive, call your closest store to make sure they are aware of this promotion. And if so, check the trade-in values at secondspin.com before you make the trip. If the value is $1 or more, then those titles should be good for this promotion.
Old 08-27-09, 01:25 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 448
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Before you drive, call your closest store to make sure they are aware of this promotion. And if so, check the trade-in values at secondspin.com before you make the trip. If the value is $1 or more, then those titles should be good for this promotion.
I just called the FYE in Los Angeles (Baldwin Hills) that I always go to and asked if they are carrying this promotion. They said "No." Bummer...
Old 08-27-09, 02:12 PM
  #12  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,598
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

This is a nice promotion. I'll have to find out about it more.
Old 08-27-09, 02:13 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 554
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

what kind of condition do the trade in DVDs have to be in?
Old 08-27-09, 02:52 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 448
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

I called the other FYE in Los Angeles that I occasionally go to (Centinela), and they too said they are not honoring this promotion. Never even heard of it.
Old 08-27-09, 03:58 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Arthur Dent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Formerly known as "awil1026"/ Don't Panic
Posts: 3,406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Before you drive, call your closest store to make sure they are aware of this promotion. And if so, check the trade-in values at secondspin.com before you make the trip. If the value is $1 or more, then those titles should be good for this promotion.
In my experience, second spin should only be used as a general guide. Usually, the FYE trade-in values are $0.50 or $1.00 less than second spin-- at least at the location nearest to me; not a big difference, but it could matter with this deal.
Old 08-27-09, 04:02 PM
  #16  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: CA
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

I just called FYE, and Suncoast in San Francisco,Ca. No go at either store! Bummer.
Old 08-27-09, 06:16 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,532
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

I just called as well... Can't say whether they are not doing it... or that the guy who answered didn't know or that he didn't have enough ambition to check....
Old 08-27-09, 07:00 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,653
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

When I go back to my store, I'll see if they can give me more information. Perhaps they can give me a promo # to reference, or the date the email was sent to the store. It seems that all of their promotions are sent via email. So if a manager doesn't read their email, they don't know about the promo...
Old 08-28-09, 01:52 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 758
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

No go at the FYE in Torrance, CA.
Old 08-28-09, 01:54 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 758
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Ditto at the Downey, CA store.
Old 08-28-09, 05:21 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,532
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
When I go back to my store, I'll see if they can give me more information. Perhaps they can give me a promo # to reference, or the date the email was sent to the store. It seems that all of their promotions are sent via email. So if a manager doesn't read their email, they don't know about the promo...
Looking forward to this one...
Old 08-28-09, 05:35 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,653
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by b2net View Post
Looking forward to this one...
I might go tonight, otherwise tomorrow for sure... I'm bringing more DVD's to trade in, and I'll ask them for specific details so hopefully you guys can all partake. I'm shocked that I'm the only person to find this deal so far...
Old 08-28-09, 05:44 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,532
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
I might go tonight, otherwise tomorrow for sure... I'm bringing more DVD's to trade in, and I'll ask them for specific details so hopefully you guys can all partake. I'm shocked that I'm the only person to find this deal so far...
I even called some stores that are 35ish miles away... and those folks did have ambition to ask their managers.... but alas... they said nope they never heard of it.. 1 place asked where I heard about it... I told them a person in Wisconsin....
Old 08-28-09, 05:45 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Legend
Thread Starter
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,653
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

BTW, I just discovered this coupon online:
http://www.fye.com/moduleimages/138/...on08242009.jpg
Old 08-28-09, 06:01 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,532
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE/Suncoast) Trade in 2 Used DVDs Get 1 Blu-Ray for $5

That one will be great on an $12 or less item (about 25% off) especially if you are a backstage member.. I am hoping to find some of my wish list there next week so I can use this one...


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.