Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-15, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
It states on the disc "Also plays in 2d". So both on the same disc.
Okay, thanks!
Old 05-10-15, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spotted another Lionsgate BD Triple Feature with VUDU in the $7.88 dump bin:

Total Recall/The Condemned/Replicant

Last edited by DeepSleep; 05-10-15 at 10:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-10-15, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
Spotted another Lionsgate BD Triple Feature with VUDU in the $7.88 dump bin:

Total Recall/The Condemned/Replicant
I bought this about a month ago. It gives you Instawatch copies of all 3 movies plus separate UV codes for each movie if I remember correctly.
Old 05-10-15, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm old. My new technology adaptation is to sometimes play a film from a flash drive!
Old 05-12-15, 03:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lionsgate's Blu-ray of The Last Unicorn (which also includes a copy of the 25th anniversary DVD) is available for $5.00. I've seen the price go up and down on this title, so if you want it, now's the time. Just keep in mind ...

A new Blu-Ray is being issued by Shout! Factory (The Enchanted Edition) June 9, 2015. Blu-ray.com discusses issues of Shout! overusing DNR. Fog that moved in a scene now remains stationary, as a result of removing film grain.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=258432&page=2
Old 05-13-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Snap up that $5 edition. The Last Unicorn received a surprisingly great film transfer for classic animation and Shout Factory won't be able to improve on it. The movie holds up very well, decades after I first saw it.
Old 05-13-15, 02:37 PM
Premium Member

Received 701 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by wmhgreen48
The Puyallup store (across from Big Lots) had the Woodstock 40th blu.
Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Did they have many? Is it the red cover or the blue cover?
It's more of a white cover if you are still searching for it. I picked it up today at WM.

It looks like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-Dire...dp/B00OILS504/
Old 05-14-15, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found that Woodstock in the $7.88 ben. Out of 6 blu-rays I bought, Woodstock was the only one that didn't send it to Vudu instantly.
Old 05-14-15, 09:29 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I'm curious, but how does that work - you buy a blu ray with a Vudu sticker and it the digital copy instantly goes to your account? Is it tied to your credit card number? I've always used Flixster to load my UV codes, and all of them have ported straight to Vudu. Which is good because I prefer the Vudu layout much more than Flixster.
Old 05-14-15, 11:28 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Problem solved thanks to Mikael79.

Originally Posted by Mikael79
Via the Vudu site:

Buying movies in Walmart stores: When you purchase a qualifying DVD or Blu-ray Disc in a Walmart store, make sure to submit your receipt to Savings Catcher by scanning it with the Walmart App. We'll then send you both a push notification and an email with instructions on how to get your digital copy. Follow the steps in the message and sign in with your Walmart.com account to start watching your InstaWatch digital copies.
Old 05-14-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I'm curious, but how does that work - you buy a blu ray with a Vudu sticker and it the digital copy instantly goes to your account? Is it tied to your credit card number? I've always used Flixster to load my UV codes, and all of them have ported straight to Vudu. Which is good because I prefer the Vudu layout much more than Flixster.
You have to connect your Walmart.com account to VUDU or use the InstaWatch app on your cellphone.

Walmart is planning to offer a service similar to the old Amazon Prime for $50 a year. This will only be for shipping items.
Old 05-14-15, 04:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I've used the savings catcher app for the InstaWatch digital copies and it only adds the SD version to your VUDU/Ultraviolet account. At least that's been my experience. You still have to enter the VUDU Ultraviolet code to get the HDX version.
Old 05-14-15, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Cow
It's more of a white cover if you are still searching for it. I picked it up today at WM.

It looks like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Woodstock-Dire...dp/B00OILS504/
Thanks. I've never seen that version before. Interesting, if I'm reading the back cover correctly, the audio is kinda sorta hi-def (Dolby's lame version); my understanding is all versions of this had lossy audio.
Old 05-14-15, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan26
I've used the savings catcher app for the InstaWatch digital copies and it only adds the SD version to your VUDU/Ultraviolet account. At least that's been my experience. You still have to enter the VUDU Ultraviolet code to get the HDX version.
If you bought the Blu-ray, you should have received HDX via InstaWatch. If this happens again, just email Vudu support. They're actually fairly helpful. I wish I could say the same about Ultraviolet's crack squad of cock masters.
Old 05-15-15, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

The Iceman - $7.88 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/28240837?u...ype=10&veh=aff

John Wayne Film Collection (The Comancheros/The Longest Day/The Big Trail/The Barbarian and the Geisha/The Horse Soldiers/North to Alaska/The Undefeated) - $19.96 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/35715653?u...ype=10&veh=aff
Old 05-15-15, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Walmart.com always sucks for me. I always get this msg "Please note: Items indicated below are too large for pickup at your selected location. Please select another pickup location or ship these items near to Pearl City, HI 96782.". When trying to pick up from local store. But of course they will ship to me for $4.99 plus a $1 surcharge. FU Walmart.
Old 05-15-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Wal*Mart ship-to-store sucks ASS.
I ordered The 100 when they had it on sale and the delivery date was like 10 days or more, well whenever it "shipped" the tracking info would never work and it never showed up on the expected arrival date. So I emailed customer service and had to re-order it, so another ~10 day wait, and again the tracking info never worked, and again it didn't show up when it was supposed to. So finally I contacted them and asked the to ship it to my home for free (not asking too much IMO after having waiting almost a month at that point), but they would have none of it so I told them to cancel it and I ordered from Amazon, which I should have just done in the first place.
I eventually got emails weeks later that the Wal*Mart orders had arrived, but I just ignored them at that point.
So yeah, good luck if you use their bullshit service.
Old 05-15-15, 05:25 PM

I just bought several Instawatch Blu rays -- Silence of the Lambs, Great Escape, Princess Bride, West Side Story, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. All are HDX not SD. Most likely I will turn around and sell brand new copies with unused digital codes.
Old 05-15-15, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the features on the Woodstock 3-disc set the same as the 3-disc gift set?
Old 05-16-15, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

(Woodstock) Weird that it's apparently the latest edition & is the cheapest on Amazon.
Old 05-20-15, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Woodstock is a smoking dead. I didn't know this one even existed. AFAIK, this is the only edition with even a semblance of hi-res audio, AND afaik, it's the only USA edition with all the Target & Amazon bonus tracks. At $8 it is a steal. It's also on Amazon for $8.50

It has a white cover & appears to have everything on my UK 4 DVD set. It also has the closest to hi-def audio I've seen on this set (Dolby True HD); which in my understanding is lower quality then DTS HDMA & LPCM (espcialy at 48k as used here, but much better then regular Dolby. It doesn't state if it's 16 bit or 24 bit.

The best part is the price: $7.88 at Walmart in store for 3 br discs or as low as $8.53 + s/h on Amazon from 3rd parties.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OILS504/

I didn't compare every track (there is no track listing for the film), but the film runs about 7 minutes longer on the BR (possibly due to the PAL speed up on the DVD set) & I counted 1 extra bonus performance on the blu then on the dvd set. I did not compare track listing on the bonus performances, but my strong guess is nothing from the UK 40th with Target & Amazon bonus is missing. There's also a ton of features, all for $8!
Old 05-20-15, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The Woodstock BD is definitely one of the better deals in the $7.88 bins. When that bin first appeared, I thought it had a lot of good deals. These days that pricing isn't a great deal for a lot of the catalog bilge they fill it up with.
Old 05-20-15, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't tell Walmart, but I would have paid $25 for that set. I don't want to remember what I paid for my UK 4 DVD Set a few years back with identical content in PAL DVD
Old 05-21-15, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Does WalMart offer InstaWatch or VUDU copies fo JUST those labelled as such, or is WalMart now offering copies on most of their stock whether or not the discs include the UV label...?
Old 06-01-15, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Lokimok
Yes, it (Iron Man 3 movie set) doesn't even look like they are individually wrapped inside. No label stickers on the tops.
I just picked this up, and they are not individually shrink wrapped. Each case has a "not for individual resale" sticker where the original UPC would be. Iron Man 1 and 2 are single disc sets (each labeled "disc 1") while Iron Man 3 contains both the BD and DVD discs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.