deleted
Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-12, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

So has anyone seen Blade II BD at Walmart B&M? I figured they'd probably not even bother to carry it (like Treasure Planet or Home on the Range). I've learned I can no longer count on Walmart carrying all new releases... just the most popular ones.

If Walmart has it for $15, I don't think anyone is going to touch it. Most people are waiting for next week's U&S at BB where the small handful of copies they have for the week will be gone in an instant... assuming they don't jack up the prices next week.
Old 07-12-12, 01:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan26
And I saw it multiple times in those locations. Stafford (59 south), Missouri City (hwy 6), Pearland (near 288), Houston (near reliant.) I think the last time I saw the display was about two weeks ago though. I think they have all taken it down now.
Call me unlucky I guess . I know I went to the one in Pearland, Stafford and Missouri City however no. The one I went to in Sugarland was the one at the corner of Highway 90/Hwy 6 I believe. Went to the one in Alvin, and several in Houston. Oh well.

Last edited by Kedrix; 07-12-12 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
If Walmart has it for $15, I don't think anyone is going to touch it. Most people are waiting for next week's U&S at BB where the small handful of copies they have for the week will be gone in an instant... assuming they don't jack up the prices next week.
I know. Dreaded Best Buy. They will probably only have a small handful of copies AND they will probably jack up the price AND if you manage to find one it will be laced with poison AND someone will probably hit your car when you are in the store AND the CSR will probably steal your CC number and go on a spending spree.

The trials and tribulations of Manzana. It must be brutal going through life with this defeatist attitude. I cannot imagine.
Old 07-12-12, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought Gone Baby Gone today for $6.00. First time I've seen it in-store.
Old 07-13-12, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Call me unlucky I guess . I know I went to the one in Pearland, Stafford and Missouri City however no. The one I went to in Sugarland was the one at the corner of Highway 90/Hwy 6 I believe. Went to the one in Alvin, and several in Houston. Oh well.
Thanks to Texan26, we were heading on the way home from work and passed through Missouri City (there is an awesome greek place close to there where we had dunch). So I gave the Walmart there a shot. They had the display and there was one (and I mean one) copy of TMNT 1-3 on BD. The display was a mess, all the titles were shuffled together and the last shelf we looked at, at the very back...there it was. Thank freaking goodness. And thanks Texan26, I sort of owe you one in a way.
Old 07-13-12, 08:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Thanks to Texan26, we were heading on the way home from work and passed through Missouri City (there is an awesome greek place close to there where we had dunch). So I gave the Walmart there a shot. They had the display and there was one (and I mean one) copy of TMNT 1-3 on BD. The display was a mess, all the titles were shuffled together and the last shelf we looked at, at the very back...there it was. Thank freaking goodness. And thanks Texan26, I sort of owe you one in a way.
Cool. The display at the Stafford location was a mess also last time I saw it.
Old 07-14-12, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Super 8 is back in stock for $5.00 for anyone who missed it earlier.
Old 07-14-12, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by jmsmath
I ordered just in time, it's out of stock again.
Old 07-14-12, 06:32 PM

that was gone fast!
(Super 8)
Old 07-14-12, 08:34 PM

i picked up transformers 2 for $5.
There were plenty left and some Star Trek BD
Old 07-14-12, 09:22 PM

I'm guessing its not $5 in store?
Old 07-14-12, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ThePhantomGoat
I'm guessing its not $5 in store?
$19.96 at the Shelton, CT store.
Old 07-14-12, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by STLCARDINALS
that was gone fast!
(Super 8)
My Sam's Club has Super 8 for $7.98 for the combo pack.
Old 07-15-12, 10:04 AM

Has anyone recently found copies of the Star Trek blu in the New England area? I scoured through about 4-5 walmarts in CT yesterday and had no luck. Plenty of copies at the TF blu at the Rocky Hill location if anyone's interested. Can someone provide me with the UPC on their walmart copy of Star Trek (if it's any different from the standard UPC)? I had an employee punch the standard one into his computer and couldn't find any matches so I'm guessing they have a different UPC sticker on them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-15-12, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by sarma81
Has anyone recently found copies of the Star Trek blu in the New England area? I scoured through about 4-5 walmarts in CT yesterday and had no luck. Plenty of copies at the TF blu at the Rocky Hill location if anyone's interested. Can someone provide me with the UPC on their walmart copy of Star Trek (if it's any different from the standard UPC)? I had an employee punch the standard one into his computer and couldn't find any matches so I'm guessing they have a different UPC sticker on them. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I managed to find one at the Wal-Mart ride by my house last night. 1 copy left and not in any special area with discounted blu-rays.

It did have a sticker UPC on the outside of the original UPC that read:

Hope that can help.
Old 07-15-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sarma81
There are plenty available at the Shelton location. They are located in a stand-up display at the front of the store.
Old 07-18-12, 08:22 AM

I just got back fro the Walmart in Camden, DE they finally put the G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - 2-Disc Digital Copy Edition Blu-ray and the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Two-Disc Special Edition (Big Screen Edition) - (Wal-Mart Exclusive) Blu-ray in the $5.00 bin. One in front of the Cell phone counter not the one near the movie section. Picked up the G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra since I got the other from another store. Had like 20 of the Revenge of the Fallen and like 5 or 6 of G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. All but one copy had slipcovers. They threw the DVD versions of Revenge in there to. Saw no Star Trek there but the Milford , DE store still has the two I saw there.
Old 07-27-12, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmsmath
Back in stock for the time being. Just ordered mine.
Old 07-27-12, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, ordered ship to store for $5.41.

Good deal.
Old 07-27-12, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto... thanks.
Old 08-13-12, 03:49 PM

Not really a price bargin but it is a limted edition and comes autographed:

Katy Perry: Part Of Me (Limited Autographed Edition) (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + UltraViolet) (Exclusive) (Widescreen) $19.96 F/S to home

The following content was provided by the publisher.
WHILE THEY LAST! This version includes a bonus postcard autographed by Katy Perry that can be used as the Blu-ray packaging cover or collected & framed on your wall.

Only at Walmart!: Katy Perry is living proof that if you just be yourself, you can be anything! Get an inside look into the real Katy Perry and find out how this regular California girl with big dreams became one of the biggest stars in the world. This "fascinating glimpse at an inspiring story" is your chance to experience Katy Perry's teenage dream come true.

"Last Friday Night" Full Concert Performance, "The Making of 'Wide Awake'", "Girl and a Guitar", "Katy's BFF", "Waking Up in Vegas" Full Concert Performance, "The Grammys You'll Never Take Away From Me", "California Dreams Tour: Behind the Scenes".

While They Last! This version includes a bonus postcard autographed by Katy Perry that can be used as the Blu-ray packaging cover or collected and framed on your wall. Now Includes Instant Streaming with UltraViolet Copy.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Katy-Perry...creen/21289476
Old 08-16-12, 12:29 AM
Cool New Member

Finally found the Star Trek 3 disk at my local store again. It looked like they've been sitting in a warehouse for months. A nice coat of dust built up on the plastic.
Old 08-16-12, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any more? I'd like you to grab one for my son in the ARMY and I'd reimburse you for it.
Old 08-21-12, 11:52 AM

Visited a nearby Wally Mart and for the first time saw a decent number of $5 Blu Rays. Not much I wanted--just WAR with Li and Statham--but encouraging for the future. It's also the first time I've seen a $5 dvd/blu carousel-type display (several carousels together actually) at WM, much like the old rotating paperback book rack.
Old 08-21-12, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drmar35mm
Visited a nearby Wally Mart and for the first time saw a decent number of $5 Blu Rays. Not much I wanted--just WAR with Li and Statham--but encouraging for the future. It's also the first time I've seen a $5 dvd/blu carousel-type display (several carousels together actually) at WM, much like the old rotating paperback book rack.
Yep, my Wal-mart had a *massive* new endcap of $5 blu-rays. There were Lionsgate titles and Echo Bridge double features. Lionsgate titles included War, The Arrival, Disaster Movie, and Replicant - more that I can't recall offhand. There were many, many double features from Echo Bridge - some actually had bonus features in addition to the movies themselves. A lot of horror titles (Prophecy, Dracula, Children of the Corn, The Crow sequels, etc.).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.