Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 07-02-12, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Paranormal Activity 3 -- 5.00 no ship to store .. ph-1.97
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Paranormal...creen/19527745
Thanks! Ordered that, and The American... Had a gift card to use, so it was perfect!
Old 07-03-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paranormal Activity 3 -- 5.00 no ship to store .. ph-1.97
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Paranormal...creen/19527745
Thanks! Ordered. Between trade and save and thiis I got all 3 for under $20!
Old 07-03-12, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I noticed Poseidon Adventure dropped to $9.96 at my store. My receipt was still valid, so I re-purchased it, and returned it. I know I only saved 3 bucks, but it all adds up...
I never throw away any receipt until it expires. You never know.
Old 07-03-12, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Picked up Transformers - ROTF for 5 bucks y'day. Terrible movie, terrific Bluray :-)
Old 07-03-12, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For anyone looking for Blade 1 or 3, Best Buy now has both in store with movie cash for $9.99 on sale this week.
Old 07-03-12, 04:25 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

I never throw away any receipt until it expires. You never know.
Fixed.
Old 07-03-12, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's Wal*Mart, you don't need a receipt! If you do, you're not trying hard enough.
Old 07-03-12, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Picked up Transformers - ROTF for 5 bucks y'day. Terrible movie, terrific Bluray :-)
Haven't been able to find Star Trek. A good movie and a good Blu
Old 07-03-12, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter
It's Wal*Mart, you don't need a receipt! If you do, you're not trying hard enough.
You do if you want the original higher price that you paid for your returning item.
Old 07-04-12, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by JimRochester
I found 4 of them the other day, kept 1, and flipped the other 3 on Amazon for $13 each within 10 minutes of listing them.
Old 07-04-12, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamComic2
I found 4 of them the other day, kept 1, and flipped the other 3 on Amazon for $13 each within 10 minutes of listing them.
What an odd reply to a post where someone has not been able to find a deal.
Old 07-04-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I almost responded by saying he was rubbing salt in the wound but changed my mind
Old 07-04-12, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamComic2
Here, I'll flip you one.
Old 07-04-12, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you are talking about Star Trek (2009) it was $9.99 at Amazon just last week (I bought a copy as a gift for a friend). Perhaps they were matching a Walmart price. It will likely be at that price or lower in the near future if you are patient.

I notice that Walmart.com has it as a "free ship to store" selection, in case anybody spots a good price again.

Edit: I see that the price being quoted is one of those hit-or-miss bargain displays. $7.88 would be a find indeed! I don't ever see that stuff in the Walmart store in my area.

Last edited by lizard; 07-04-12 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-04-12, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
If you are talking about Star Trek (2009) it was $9.99 at Amazon just last week (I bought a copy as a gift for a friend). Perhaps they were matching a Walmart price. It will likely be at that price or lower in the near future if you are patient.

I notice that Walmart.com has it as a "free ship to store" selection, in case anybody spots a good price again.

Edit: I see that the price being quoted is one of those hit-or-miss bargain displays. $7.88 would be a find indeed! I don't ever see that stuff in the Walmart store in my area.
Actually, it's even better than that. $5 for the 3 disc BR!
Old 07-04-12, 11:50 PM

Been to a few Walmart's but can't seem to find this deal.
Old 07-05-12, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pizza
You do if you want the original higher price that you paid for your returning item.
AFAIK, w/o a receipt Walmart gives you the current value of the item in their system on a GC. That lowest price in the last 90 days thing seems to have gone by the wayside.
Old 07-05-12, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ace Hunter
Actually, it's even better than that. $5 for the 3 disc BR!
The 3-disc? Wow! I thought the $5 price was for the DVD.

I wish my local Walmart had those deals. Or that they would put them up at walmart.com with ship-to-store.
Old 07-05-12, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
AFAIK, w/o a receipt Walmart gives you the current value of the item in their system on a GC. That lowest price in the last 90 days thing seems to have gone by the wayside.
A few weeks back I went to return a BD that I had bought at WM, but realized I already had it. So, I gave the receipt and BD to the guy at returns who looks at my receipt (was about 2 months old) and then looks up at their returns policy on the wall. Then he says - "Don't know if it will work since it is past the return period, but I'll try." On their return policy it said "pre-recorded video items - 15 days". I was told it had been like that for a while and granted I don't buy BDs at WM that often, but I don't remember seeing or hearing about that change beforehand. Anyway their system accepted my return, but I wondered if anyone here knows anything about this or are movies still 90 days? Also what are the limitations on value/year on no/expired receipt returns at WM? Just noticed another duplicate BD from WM that just went past 90 days.
Old 07-05-12, 05:25 PM

Scored one of these myself. I refused to pay more than 5 bucks for this movie so it finally dropped to my price point
Old 07-05-12, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 447 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by sotra
Anyway their system accepted my return, but I wondered if anyone here knows anything about this or are movies still 90 days? Also what are the limitations on value/year on no/expired receipt returns at WM? Just noticed another duplicate BD from WM that just went past 90 days.
He's wrong. It's 90 days for movies, as long as it's unopened.

http://www.walmartstores.com/7658.aspx
Old 07-05-12, 10:01 PM

My local Walmart has a small 4 sided stand away from the other Blu Rays and DVDs. On one side they had a few Star Trek blu rays.

Had to pick it up been wanting to see it for a while
Old 07-05-12, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A few weeks back I went to return a BD that I had bought at WM, but realized I already had it. So, I gave the receipt and BD to the guy at returns who looks at my receipt (was about 2 months old) and then looks up at their returns policy on the wall. Then he says - "Don't know if it will work since it is past the return period, but I'll try." On their return policy it said "pre-recorded video items - 15 days". I was told it had been like that for a while and granted I don't buy BDs at WM that often, but I don't remember seeing or hearing about that change beforehand. Anyway their system accepted my return, but I wondered if anyone here knows anything about this or are movies still 90 days? Also what are the limitations on value/year on no/expired receipt returns at WM? Just noticed another duplicate BD from WM that just went past 90 days.
I would have ripped the receipt in half, turned in a circle, and told him "can I return this Blu-ray? I don't have the receipt, I bought it yesterday"
Old 07-05-12, 11:01 PM

Anyway their system accepted my return, but I wondered if anyone here knows anything about this or are movies still 90 days? Also what are the limitations on value/year on no/expired receipt returns at WM? Just noticed another duplicate BD from WM that just went past 90 days.
AFAIK movies, games and most other items are still 90 days. If that ever changes, I'd like to know. The limitations on value and the number of returns is simple: if it scans in the system they'll take it back at the current price... according to employees 3 times per year up to $50 worth (including tax) each time. If the item is over $50 with tax, then a manager approval is required. Target is $70 total (before tax) per year. No other stores will take returns w/o receipt except on a YMMV/pure luck basis.

It's best not to lose your receipts, but it does happen. Target can look up an item by UPC and credit card number, but I think Walmart's system is too lame. Target's system is so far beyond Walmart's. Walmart employees can't even tell you if they have an item or where it is nor do they care or try most of the time to help you find it. For me you're on your own in a Walmart, and they are only good for food and household items, and a once in a blue moon electronics deal. Don't get me started on Walmart...
Old 07-05-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter
I would have ripped the receipt in half, turned in a circle, and told him "can I return this Blu-ray? I don't have the receipt, I bought it yesterday"
About 3 years ago I returned a factory sealed video game I bought at Walmart but had misplaced the receipt. I had the absolute worst time getting store credit for it. It was a fight, a hassle, and took me explaining down to the minute when I bought it.

On another visit about 2 years ago, I saw a woman who walked out of the store with a Dyson vacuum she stole, come back in to the store, then claimed she was returning it and wanted store credit. Their cameras were malfunctioning that day, so the only evidence they had was what a plain clothes security guard saw. The woman was pulling the race card, then had her husband and some of his friends come in and it turned in to a racial profiling argument.

The only reason I got the whole story is because there was only one cashier and I was right behind them, so I had to wait for this whole ordeal to be over before I could get an adjustment on something.

In the end they gave the woman store credit to shut her up and to move on with the line, which was now close to 20 people deep.

Walmart's return policy isn't as lax as it used to be. It really depends on who you get to do the transaction and whether or not they want to give you a hard time.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.