deleted
Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-11, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I can't seem to find this $5 BD bin anywhere at my local stores, so I went ahead and ordered Ernest Scared Stupid through the website. $7.41 shipped.
Old 06-25-11, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I can't seem to find this $5 BD bin anywhere at my local stores,...
Ditto. I've been to several stores and haven't found that bargain bin yet
Old 06-25-11, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know if there is any quality difference between the individual ernest releases of camp and jail compared to the double pack that is on one disc? I was just thinking that maybe they upped the bitrate or something because they'd have more room on the disc or potentially added some special features. I'm also wondering if Ernest Saves Christmas will be coming out soon on bluray. Thanks.
Old 06-26-11, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Novasonic
Does anybody know if there is any quality difference between the individual ernest releases of camp and jail compared to the double pack that is on one disc? I was just thinking that maybe they upped the bitrate or something because they'd have more room on the disc or potentially added some special features. I'm also wondering if Ernest Saves Christmas will be coming out soon on bluray. Thanks.
Yes, there are reports on those double feature Blu-rays that they have inferior bitrates to the individual releases. Two movies on a BD-25 is much worse than a single movie on a BD-25.
Old 06-26-11, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleSaint
Had this two pack of the 2 disc Transformers blu-rays movies at my local Wal-Mart for 25 dollars last night, which is slightly above my usual upgrade threshold title price ($10), but close enough that I went ahead and purchased it...

Here's the online link so you can see the description, but the online price is much higher than instore.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/12440808
On sale again in store and online for $25
Old 06-28-11, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Found a $6 group at wally world in Omaha last week(s. 84th), picked up Gone Baby Gone and Hard Rain. Stopped here in twin cities and they had nothing.
Old 06-28-11, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I can't seem to find this $5 BD bin anywhere at my local stores, so I went ahead and ordered Ernest Scared Stupid through the website. $7.41 shipped.
I had to do the same thing. Shipped on Monday, and said it should be here between Wed and next Tues. Still not showing any tracking information though.
Old 06-30-11, 11:28 PM

Just a heads up and probably very YMMV but I was able to score some of those $6 titles for $5 at my local Walmart. It looks like they wanted to condense space so they cleared the end cap and put them in the big box with the $5 Mill Creek title. I walked away with Bad Santa and American Psycho for just a little over $10.
Old 07-01-11, 12:17 AM

So I couldn't find any of the 6 dollar blu rays in store. But they also had the same deals online for 6 bucks. For about under 30 bucks I picked up 4 blu rays. 3 of of them were 6 bucks and the other was 10. and since i used the free shipping to store i saved a couple bucks.
Old 07-01-11, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Two movies on a BD-25 is much worse than a single movie on a BD-25.
Not always.
Old 07-01-11, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally picked up Bad Santa the other day!
Old 07-01-11, 08:32 PM

No $6 display at the Wal Mart in Quincy, Mass. But I did get the last copy of the Transformers double pack for $25.
Old 07-01-11, 10:43 PM

My copy of Ernest Scared Stupid arrived today. Took 4 days to arrive once it was shipped to my house.
Old 07-01-11, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the 'Site to Store' with Free Shipping thing and ordered 10 Blu-rays, and received my ready to pick up email yesterday morning. This morning I called to verify it was there (before driving all the way out into the far reaches of what ended up being a 108 degrees valley) and a girl I spoke to on the phone said it was, but wouldn't ya know it? When I got there they couldn't find the bloomin' package! I waited over an hour while they looked and searched and searched and looked, but they never found it.

The girl that was helping me at the store ('Amelia' - as in Amelia Earhart) said 'This sucks' (tell me about it) and that she was really sorry (even though it wasn't her fault) and that they would continue to look and even contact UPS or FedEx (whichever one they used) about it, and that if they find it they would ship it directly to my home free of charge. Otherwise just credit the cash back to the card and no Blu-rays.

Either way...she said she was gonna call me. We'll see.

(Maybe the discs somehow grew legs and mysteriously disappeared IN A BACKPACK??? )

For the Record: I've used their Site to Store deelydad a few times that actually sent my stuff just a few blocks up the street from my place to a FedEx Copy Store and all went very smooth, was sent quickly and I had no problems at all. So, maybe it's just one of those things...time will tell.

-4 THEEK'S SAKE!

Last edited by The Edit King; 07-01-11 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Just fulfilling my OtterVille screen name job requirement.
Old 07-01-11, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by The Edit King
I used the 'Site to Store' with Free Shipping thing and ordered 10 Blu-rays, and received my ready to pick up email yesterday morning. This morning I called to verify it was there (before driving all the way out into the far reaches of what ended up being a 108 degrees valley) and a girl I spoke to on the phone said it was, but wouldn't ya know it? When I got there they couldn't find the bloomin' package! I waited over an hour while they looked and searched and searched and looked, but they never found it.

The girl that was helping me at the store ('Amelia' - as in Amelia Earhart) said 'This sucks' (tell me about it) and that she was really sorry (even though it wasn't her fault) and that they would continue to look and even contact UPS or FedEx (whichever one they used) about it, and that if they find it they would ship it directly to my home free of charge. Otherwise just credit the cash back to the card and no Blu-rays.

Either way...she said she was gonna call me. We'll see.

(Maybe the discs somehow grew legs and mysteriously disappeared IN A BACKPACK??? )

For the Record: I've used their Site to Store deelydad a few times that actually sent my stuff just a few blocks up the street from my place to a FedEx Copy Store and all went very smooth, was sent quickly and I had no problems at all. So, maybe it's just one of those things...time will tell.
Dude that sucks, i'm really sorry to hear about that. But yeah sometimes people working these stores can be a-holes and take packages. I used to know someone who used to do this. But he would pick up random packages just sitting outside on someones front porch.

As I said before I used the site to store thing this past week. I ordered 4 cheap blu rays they didn't have in the store and wanted to save some bucks. I've never used this option before. Someone who used it I know sad it takes about a week or the stuff to arrive there. I put the stuff in at like 2 am in the morning on a Tuesday, so the stuff should be there soon this week or next.
Old 07-01-11, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On the site to store, my rule of thumb is to never go immediately after receiving the email. I've had better luck waiting a day or 2 after it's scanned in.
Old 07-01-11, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MovieFanatic81: Thanks for the kind words regarding my lost Blu-ray order pain.

jwstl: Then there's still hope they might find it!
Old 07-01-11, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by The Edit King
MovieFanatic81: Thanks for the kind words regarding my lost Blu-ray order pain.

jwstl: Then there's still hope they might find it!
I know how you feel when not getting something you originally ordered. I short while ago I ordered a dvd off amazon pre used through one of the sellers. I ordered the original 1977 hills have eyes 2 disc set. and when I get the packaged and opened it up. It was the 2006 remake, which I already had. I contacted the seller, it took a couple emails, but they finally messaged me back. They said to keep the dvd and they would credit back my card. I felt like saying how about just sending me what I ordered instead? But I didn't wanna be a jerk and took the credit back onto my card. Shortly after that I hear its coming to blu ray later this year. The 1997 one I mean. if its cheap enough, I'll wait and buy it.

Hopefully you get your package. I know I would be sad if i didn't get my stuff.
Old 07-02-11, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

havent found any of the 5 dollar bds in store but my site to store order of Ernest scared stupid and Baby arrived today and when i went in to pick that up i also picked up Gone baby gone, Hannibal Rising(shocked to have found a canadian alliance release in the end cap and they had like 7 of them)and Employee of the month for 6 dollars each
Old 07-02-11, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Previous times I have used site to store, they have found my titles "in the cage"... whatever that means.. and 1 time they informed me I should always say.. "check the cage" or "it is likely in the cage" when I go for pickup.. to clue in the employeee that smaller items like DVDs/Blus/CDs/etc are put aside to keep them from being lost...
Old 07-02-11, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if it's been mentioned but WalMart.com has Super up for pre-order for $13 (plus $1.98 shipping). Much cheaper than the current $27.99 price on Amazon if you don't mind waiting a week or so after release.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 07-02-11 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-02-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

It would be nice if this would be the start of another Walmart and Amazon price war but I get the feeling Amazon isn't up to it.
Old 07-02-11, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
Not sure if it's been mentioned but WalMart.com has Super up for pre-order for $13 (plus $1.98 shipping). Much cheaper than the current $27.99 price on Amazon if you don't mind waiting a week or so after release.
For $15 plus tax, I went for it. Let's hope we don't have another "Iron Man 2" situation on our hands.
Old 07-02-11, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
Sweet! I might have to get that then! I thought that was a little too much on amazon anyway. I wish Walmarts prices online, matched the ones they had in store.
Old 07-02-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boc4ever
For $15 plus tax, I went for it. Let's hope we don't have another "Iron Man 2" situation on our hands.
Let's hope we do. That GC was nice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.