Last edit by: TheBang
deleted
Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-12, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I found the display at the front of the Idaho Falls, ID store near the self-checkout lines in case anyone is still looking and hasn't found it in the electronics section.
Old 03-28-12, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wish I liked the RE movies, even a little... They have them all at the Nicholasville Rd store in Lexington if any locals are looking.

Grabbed Winter's Bone... Excellent flick.
Old 03-28-12, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Really wish I could find these again. I found them once and went to buy one and they rang up $15, I told the cashier they were $8 and... long story short... the people in the AV section decided to remove the titles and hide them before I could get back there to show them how many there were in the $8 area.
Seriously? Holy cow!

C'mon man, you gotta tell us the whole story...
Old 03-28-12, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Rare thing to happen in a Walmart. That employee needs to be in a better place than WM cos he/she will be very unpopular with the other Walmart employees
I know. I was really surprised by this. I should have found her manager and told him how happy I was with her, because I've been going to WM for YEARS and no one has ever helped me without asking and when I do ask they have no fucking clue what's going on.
Old 03-28-12, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

My Walmart didn't have $5 or $7.88 bins but all the titles were in a $10 section. Everything rang up for the correct prices tho.

Picked up The Spirit and Equilibrium/Renaissance.
Old 04-03-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I picked up Kick Ass BD yesterday for $7.88.
Old 04-03-12, 05:12 PM

Dump bin bargains, Dark Crystal and Labrynth for $7.88 each.
Old 04-03-12, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

picked up the lone copy of 'Winter's Bone' at the Torrance (Socal) Walmart. none of the Resident Evil titles to be found though
Old 04-03-12, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by mrhan
I picked up Kick Ass BD yesterday for $7.88.
I doubt it, but I have to ask. Was is the combo pack by chance?
Old 04-03-12, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyclad01
I doubt it, but I have to ask. Was is the combo pack by chance?
Yes it was and it still had a pristine slipcase.
Old 04-04-12, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

The Wal-Mart in North Attleboro MA has a Lion's Gate BD shipper of horror flicks tying in with the release of Cabin in the Woods. No movie money featured but lots of titles for $7.88 each. Here are the titles I recall seeing...

Book of Blood
The Children
The Descent
Devil's Rejects
The Eye
House of 1000 Corpses
Jacob's Ladder
Midnight Meat Train
Saw 1-4
Scream 1-3
Seventh Moon
The Thaw

Last edited by EdTheRipper; 04-04-12 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-06-12, 02:01 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
Wish I liked the RE movies, even a little... They have them all at the Nicholasville Rd store in Lexington if any locals are looking.
Swung by that location this morning and they only had two copies of Apocalypse and Extinction left. I bought one of each (the other two were a bit damaged). Extinction was a floater, but I opened it before I left the parking lot and it looks fine.

I had passed on those two steelbooks last weekend because they were already out of the first Resident Evil. Went back today hoping they would have put more in the bin, but no dice. I might have just missed the boat on finding that one. Still, I figured $7.88 was a good enough price for a steelbook and I'd probably regret not picking them up when I had the chance. Hopefully my OCD side won't be too disturbed if I end up having to buy the first film in a regular ol' plastic case.

Last edited by joe_b; 04-06-12 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-06-12, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I picked up RE 1 - 3 at the $7.88 price. They were decent enough and my son really liked them so he can have them. Don't like steelbooks but don't have much of a choice
Old 04-06-12, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Plenty of copies at the S Austin location near 71/I-35... I picked up RE 1-3 last night. I almost picked up Degeneration too but then I remembered I'd rather forcibly remove my corneas than sit though that tripe again.
Old 04-07-12, 05:36 AM

I spotted a cardboard stand of Fox comedy blu-rays with movie money for The Three Stooges. There was no price marked, but they scanned at $8 each. Titles I remember:

Dodgeball
Office Space
There's Something About Mary

Was temepted to pick up Mary, but it will probably be $5 eventually -- and I have no interest in seeing The Three Stooges movie in theaters.
Old 04-07-12, 02:33 PM

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
Wish I liked the RE movies, even a little... They have them all at the Nicholasville Rd store in Lexington if any locals are
Agreed though I may hate steelbooks even worse... So win win for me.
Old 04-08-12, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

picked up City of God for $7.88 today...Defiance was another I noticed. But no $5 titles - guy said the display was taken down the day before - i REALLY wanted Winter's Bone
Old 04-08-12, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by joe_b
Hopefully my OCD side won't be too disturbed if I end up having to buy the first film in a regular ol' plastic case.
Well, now I don't have to worry. While running errands yesterday, I found the steelbooks at the Danville, KY store. Plenty of copies of everything, but I think I purchased the only Resident Evil steelbook that wasn't scratched and dented.

It was nice to find some kind of bargain today, especially after the bitch at the post office charged me over $6 to return a faulty disc to Criterion with delivery confirmation. I rarely return packages with tracking, but I'm damn certain 2 oz. doesn't cost that much to ship. She screwed up, but still insisted she was giving me their cheapest option. I was already running late and there was a line forming, so I didn't have time to argue with her. Still, I am fuming over being charged that much.
Old 04-08-12, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was nice to find some kind of bargain today, especially after the bitch at the post office charged me over $6 to return a faulty disc to Criterion with delivery confirmation. I rarely return packages with tracking, but I'm damn certain 2 oz. doesn't cost that much to ship. She screwed up, but still insisted she was giving me their cheapest option. I was already running late and there was a line forming, so I didn't have time to argue with her. Still, I am fuming over being charged that much.
It shouldn't have cost over $3 unless you shipped it Priority Mail.
Old 04-08-12, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
It shouldn't have cost over $3 unless you shipped it Priority Mail.
I clearly asked for the least expensive option with tracking, but of course my receipt shows Priority Mail. She was just covering her own ass by telling me I was getting the cheapest rate possible. If I had time to argue, I would have called BS right there -- but the post office was closing in ten minutes and I just wanted to get the hell out of there. I did sent a complaint to the USPS site, but I'm sure that will be ignored like everything else.

At least Criterion promised me a $10 gift certificate for my troubles.
Old 04-09-12, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brizz
picked up City of God for $7.88 today...Defiance was another I noticed. But no $5 titles - guy said the display was taken down the day before - i REALLY wanted Winter's Bone
I'm on Orange County, CA. Can anybody confirm if the $5 bins have been taken down at other locations? I guess this may end up being a huge YMMV. Thanks.
Old 04-09-12, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

I clearly asked for the least expensive option with tracking, but of course my receipt shows Priority Mail. She was just covering her own ass by telling me I was getting the cheapest rate possible. If I had time to argue, I would have called BS right there -- but the post office was closing in ten minutes and I just wanted to get the hell out of there. I did sent a complaint to the USPS site, but I'm sure that will be ignored like everything else.

At least Criterion promised me a $10 gift certificate for my troubles.
Your problem was asking for delivery confirmation. Delivery confirmation isn't available on First Class parcels at the retail windows. Delivery confirmation is available on Media Mail, but you probably didn't tell her you had media in there. So, your only choices for delivery confirmation at the retail window would have been Priority Mail or Media Mail.

You can, however, get FREE delivery confirmation on First Class Parcel (as well as cheaper postal rates than retail) by using electronic postage. The easiest way to print electronic postage (with no additional surcharges or subscriptions) is to use PayPal's Ship Now:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

To send that 2 oz. package via First Class Parcel (electronic postage w/ delivery confirmation) would have cost you $1.64.
Old 04-09-12, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Your problem was asking for delivery confirmation. Delivery confirmation isn't available on First Class parcels at the retail windows. Delivery confirmation is available on Media Mail, but you probably didn't tell her you had media in there. So, your only choices for delivery confirmation at the retail window would have been Priority Mail or Media Mail.

You can, however, get FREE delivery confirmation on First Class Parcel (as well as cheaper postal rates than retail) by using electronic postage. The easiest way to print electronic postage (with no additional surcharges or subscriptions) is to use PayPal's Ship Now:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

To send that 2 oz. package via First Class Parcel (electronic postage w/ delivery confirmation) would have cost you $1.64.

...I have gotten DC on first class parcels many times.
Old 04-09-12, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
This is a more accurate list from an actual display that got put out early at someone's Wal-Mart over on Blu-ray.com The list above so far is now specualtive based on the film companies invloved with the sale since an actual display was put out.

American Psycho, Bridget Jones's Diary, Brothers, Adventureland, Alpha And Omega, Iron Monkey, Employee Of The Month, Disaster Movie, Chaos, CutThroat Island, Still Waiting..., The Spirit, My Best Friend's Girl, See No Evil, Kickboxer, Winter's Bone, The Way Of The Gun, Universal Soldier, The Haunting In Connecticut, & The Spy Next Door.
hit a different store and the leftover $5 bds were thrown in the regular $5 bin. after digging I of course found at least a single copy of everything but the two I wanted - Winter's Bone and American Psycho

Did find one Adventureland, so that's good I guess. lots of Chaos, Cutthroat Island, Disaster Movie, and Kickboxer. i.e. the crappy ones. Point being: check the $5 DVD bins...some were surprisingly buried pretty deep.
Old 04-09-12, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

City of God is 7.88 at Wal Mart???? and so is Dodgeball? I know where I'm going tomorrow!

Edit : I put Winter's bone back and got Kickboxer the other day. Don't judge.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.