Last edit by: TheBang
deleted
Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 03-27-12, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I went this morning. They didn't have any such shipper. But I wasn't really surprised. They didn't have the last few either.
Old 03-27-12, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
I went this morning. They didn't have any such shipper. But I wasn't really surprised. They didn't have the last few either.
Did you ask them by chance, I know lots of WalMart's that where stuff is not put out right away on release date for example and will not getb put out unless you ask or until later in the afternoon.
Old 03-27-12, 09:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a pic of the $5 display. I got this from another forum.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ik7-eliUgV...c/s800/zzz.jpg

Titles shown in the picture
American Psycho, Bridget Jones's Diary, Brothers, Adventureland, Alpha And Omega, Iron Monkey, Employee Of The Month, Disaster Movie, Chaos, CutThroat Island, Still Waiting..., The Spirit, My Best Friend's Girl, See No Evil, Kickboxer, Winter's Bone, The Way Of The Gun, Universal Soldier, The Haunting In Connecticut, & The Spy Next Door.

Last edited by bobwil54; 03-27-12 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-27-12, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobwil54

linkey no workey...
Old 03-27-12, 10:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Works fine
Old 03-27-12, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, it works. If you're meaning to point us to a 404 error.
Old 03-27-12, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Yes, it works. If you're meaning to point us to a 404 error.
He edited his original link. It now works.
Old 03-27-12, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ended up getting the following.

Bridget Jones's Diary
Brothers
Adventureland
Winter's Bone
Old 03-27-12, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FINALLY found the RE steelbooks today. Picked up all 4 for $7.88 each.
Old 03-27-12, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Ended up getting the following.

Bridget Jones's Diary
Brothers
Adventureland
Winter's Bone
Those are the exact same 4 I bought today. I saw the 7.88 display as well, but passed on it. Already have the RE Steelbooks, and nothing else enticed me.
Old 03-27-12, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

American Psycho, Bridget Jones's Diary, Brothers, Adventureland, Alpha And Omega, Iron Monkey, Employee Of The Month, Disaster Movie, Chaos, CutThroat Island, Still Waiting..., The Spirit, My Best Friend's Girl, See No Evil, Kickboxer, Winter's Bone, The Way Of The Gun, Universal Soldier, The Haunting In Connecticut, & The Spy Next Door.
That is not the same display my store had. Mine was much smaller and 2-sided instead of square. All of the same titles were present though...
Old 03-27-12, 07:01 PM
Cool New Member

In Hanover Pa went to Walmart on Baltimore street and did not see a $5 bin.I did find the 7.88 box squeezed at the end of an aisle across from the TV's. Was practically full. Saw several Resident Evil steelbooks.Just got back from Eisenhower Drive Wal-mart.Looked everywhere for the $5 bin,about to give up and found them on a rack mixed with $5 Dvd's.Never even thought of looking in the racks-glad it caught my eye.
Old 03-27-12, 08:53 PM
vgc

I found the $5 display, but nothing I wanted. I also found the $7.88 display and picked up Jason and the Argonauts. These are not Blu Rays, but they had some nice WWE DVD two packs for $10 each. I picked up Ricky Steamboat/Rise Fall WCW. There were other good combos too.

Has anyone seen Sin City or Reindeer Games and how much were they?

Thanks for all the info!!
Old 03-27-12, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That is not the same display my store had. Mine was much smaller and 2-sided instead of square. All of the same titles were present though...
Same display at mine as well...
Old 03-27-12, 11:49 PM
Cool New Member

Picked up the first 3 Resident Evil Steelbooks in the $7.88 bin. A lot of them had loose discs rattling around in them, but I managed to find 3 that were in good condition with discs firmly in place. I am annoyed however that on my past few trips to Walmart I had seen the Steelbook for Afterlife on the shelf but didn't buy it since I wasn't sure I'd be able to track down the other 3 for a reasonable price and of course it's no longer there and I don't even see a space for it anymore.
Old 03-28-12, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I called 3 Walmarts in my area and none of them had even the slightest clue of a $5 BD display. They kept telling me about the $7.88 display I've already seen and didn't want anything in (IMHO the only good titles in it were the Resident Evil steelbooks which I passed pm since I had already bought the non steelbook versions).

Anyway, while I was calling and waiting for stores to answer their phones and look for the display, the only title I was particularly interested in (Winter's Bone) went out of stock online. Knowing how Walmart operated with the LOTR EE Trilogy it'll probably come back in stock for 30 seconds around midnight every few days, but I'll never catch it. To sell out that quickly they must not have had very many.

I should've just ordered first and asked questions later, but I really thought my area wouldn't be deprived. Someone else in my area posted on another site that the entire region didn't get these displays, so I guess Walmart is doing regional sales like Big Lots does. Fortunately, other than that 1 title, there was nothing I cared for that much. Lesson learned: next time a Walmart sale is announced, I will assume my area won't get the sale and will order online if I can.
Old 03-28-12, 07:20 AM

I hit up two Walmarts yesterday. One had the display, one didn't. I picked up Adventureland, which I've never seen.
Old 03-28-12, 10:56 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Joe6286
I am annoyed however that on my past few trips to Walmart I had seen the Steelbook for Afterlife on the shelf but didn't buy it since I wasn't sure I'd be able to track down the other 3 for a reasonable price and of course it's no longer there and I don't even see a space for it anymore.
I did the same thing. Found the Afterlife Steelbook about 2 weeks ago, they had two of them. Didnt buy it because I thought I would never find the others. Wife came home today with the 3 movies and animated Steelbooks. So I doubt that Im going to find the other one now. She also said they had the 5 dollar display, but she wasnt sure what to buy. She knew I wanted the Steelbooks because Ive been "bitching and moaning" that I never found them at cheap prices.
Old 03-28-12, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Out of that list there's not as many I'm excited about getting. I'll probably check tonight and see if I can find Winter's Bone and possibly Adventureland.

Last edited by Mike86; 03-28-12 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-28-12, 11:22 AM

I saw the $5 and $7.88 at the Willison, VT Walmart in a center isle. Got Alpha & Omega (with slipcase) and Adventureland for $5, and Life of Brian, Open Season and Resident Evil Steelbook for $7.88. They had 4 different Resident Evil steelbooks in the bin. The $5 was pretty slim picking, only about hald the ones pictured on the side of the display, no Winter's Bone. Pretty good deals though!
Old 03-28-12, 01:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
FINALLY found the RE steelbooks today. Picked up all 4 for $7.88 each.
Really wish I could find these again. I found them once and went to buy one and they rang up $15, I told the cashier they were $8 and... long story short... the people in the AV section decided to remove the titles and hide them before I could get back there to show them how many there were in the $8 area.

I sent an e-mail to WM and the assistant store manager told me I could come back and get that title for $8. But, big surprise I went back and no one could find them at all. So I never got the one I wanted.
Old 03-28-12, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

North Smithfield RI had both the $5 and $7.88 bins. The $5 bin was picked pretty clean, but I grabbed Adventureland, See No Evil, The Spirit and Winter's Bone. The $7.88 bin had plenty of RE Steelbooks for all 3 movies. Grabbed those 3 and Hostel.
Old 03-28-12, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Still no new $7.88 bin. But they did add the $5 box.

Old 03-28-12, 04:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Update:

I checked out 2 Wal-Marts and actually found the RE movies for $7.88 each! It was funny I was looking at an end cap that had $7.88 BDs and an employee saw me looking at them and came up to me and said "We have more over here" and she took me over to the $7.88 bin/box where they had exactly what I was looking for. It was like she KNEW what I was there for!
Old 03-28-12, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Update:

I checked out 2 Wal-Marts and actually found the RE movies for $7.88 each! It was funny I was looking at an end cap that had $7.88 BDs and an employee saw me looking at them and came up to me and said "We have more over here" and she took me over to the $7.88 bin/box where they had exactly what I was looking for. It was like she KNEW what I was there for!
Rare thing to happen in a Walmart. That employee needs to be in a better place than WM cos he/she will be very unpopular with the other Walmart employees

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.