DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

DVD Polizei 03-17-12 12:27 PM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

The UK set also has better packaging, I think. My UK set has the multi-disc Blu-ray case, and not the fucking-irritating-as-hell fold-out crap.

Which reminds me of the shitty packaging job for Game of Thrones. If there's a UK version packaged like the Alien set, I'm selling my GoT ASAP!

bobwil54 03-22-12 09:58 PM

My store replaced the $5 DVD Bin with a $7.88 Bluray Bin. They had so many different blus in the bin, I could of spent all day looking threw them.

whotony 03-22-12 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by bobwil54 (Post 11162974)
My store replaced the $5 DVD Bin with a $7.88 Bluray Bin. They had so many different blus in the bin, I could of spent all day looking, threw them.

Why did you throw them?

bobwil54 03-23-12 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 11163041)
Why did you throw them?

Sorry I meant look at them.

izatright 03-23-12 12:12 PM

or through. ;)

Novasonic 03-23-12 03:42 PM

yeah and i think the comma confused people

mattysemo247 03-23-12 03:46 PM

Saw this list posted over at SD and Bluray.com. New $5 Blu bins/stands starting to show up at Wal Mart stores with some of these titles found so far:

SIN CITY
GOOD WILL HUNTING
COP LAND
NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
MEMENTO
HIGHLANDER
PULP FICTION
AMERICAN PSYCHO
ROUNDERS
AMELIE
REINDEER GAMES
DESCENDENTS
SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE
ADVENTURE LAND
THE CROW
SERENDIPITY
CHICAGO
GANGS OF NEW YORK
COLD MOUNTAIN
IRON MONKEY
NINTH GATE
KILL BILL VOL. 1
KILL BILL VOL. 2
CLERKS
THE ENGLISH PATIENT
SHE'S ALL THAT
LINCOLN LAWYER
JACKIE BROWN
SCREAM 1
SCREAM 2
SCREAM 3
THE NEXT THREE DAYS
THE OTHERS
GONE BABY GONE
SAW
SAW II
SAW III
SAW IV
SAW V
WINTER'S BONE
DOUBT
KILLERS

whotony 03-23-12 03:56 PM

I have to admit, I put the comma there.

Schloob1 03-23-12 04:50 PM

This is a more accurate list from an actual display that got put out early at someone's Wal-Mart over on Blu-ray.com The list above so far is now specualtive based on the film companies invloved with the sale since an actual display was put out.

American Psycho, Bridget Jones's Diary, Brothers, Adventureland, Alpha And Omega, Iron Monkey, Employee Of The Month, Disaster Movie, Chaos, CutThroat Island, Still Waiting..., The Spirit, My Best Friend's Girl, See No Evil, Kickboxer, Winter's Bone, The Way Of The Gun, Universal Soldier, The Haunting In Connecticut, & The Spy Next Door.

CaptainMarvel 03-23-12 05:03 PM

Was about to say that seems way too quick for the Descendants to be $5. Maybe it meant the Descent?

Manzana 03-23-12 08:47 PM

I was at Wally World today and asked 3 employees standing around talking if they had heard about the $5 BDs yet, and they all said no and they hadn't received any yet. So I hope this is going out on Tuesday morning at ALL Wally Worlds and not just certain ones. Unless someone has more info, I'll make a note to call them Tuesday morning to see what they say.

I'll be eagerly looking for the complete and accurate list of what will be available to be posted here. I'm doubtful the list posted on SD (from Blu-ray.com) is totally accurate (as Schloob1 said). If Schoob1's list is accurate and complete, then it's going to be more of an endcap than a bin, and I don't know if there's anything I want and don't have in that list.

Schloob1 03-24-12 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11164170)
I was at Wally World today and asked 3 employees standing around talking if they had heard about the $5 BDs yet, and they all said no and they hadn't received any yet. So I hope this is going out on Tuesday morning at ALL Wally Worlds and not just certain ones. Unless someone has more info, I'll make a note to call them Tuesday morning to see what they say.

I'll be eagerly looking for the complete and accurate list of what will be available to be posted here. I'm doubtful the list posted on SD (from Blu-ray.com) is totally accurate (as Schloob1 said). If Schoob1's list is accurate and complete, then it's going to be more of an endcap than a bin, and I don't know if there's anything I want and don't have in that list.

My list is definitely accurate as it is a picture of the actual display itself that a store put out on the floor early at someone's store. These are supposed to go out on Tuesday officially based on all reports. Unless there is an additional display, these appear to be the only titles that will be at this price for right now. The original poster who was also an employee at WalMart stated they could see through the packaging 3 of the titles. Since they were I believe all Lionsgate that is when all the rampant specualtion began. Then a UPS guy mentioned how he had a bunch of packages to go to WalMart and that the titles he saw were Miramax and from there the list just grew out of rampant speculation of what other titles could be included. Hopefully I am wrong but guessing that I am not. Time will tell obviously.

bobwil54 03-24-12 02:18 PM

Besides the $7.88 Bin, they had a new $7.88 display that included all the Resident Evil Steelbooks. There were about 10 copies of each but they were either scratched or had dents.

Mike86 03-24-12 02:41 PM

There's at least a few titles on that list I don't own yet that I'd definitely pick up if the bin ever shows up at my Walmart.

JimRochester 03-24-12 04:31 PM

If mattysemo's list is accurate there's a couple I'd grab for $5

DVD Polizei 03-24-12 05:11 PM

Clerks is available online (ship to store would be best), btw for $5.96.

whotony 03-24-12 06:50 PM

My local finally added the $7.88 section so I guess they will put in the $5 bin in about 4 months from now.

SethDLH 03-24-12 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by bobwil54 (Post 11164832)
Besides the $7.88 Bin, they had a new $7.88 display that included all the Resident Evil Steelbooks. There were about 10 copies of each but they were either scratched or had dents.

My local store has this, which is now the 2nd $7.88 BD bin it has. The new one added the RE steelbooks which you said, Tin Man (syfy channel miniseries), Hellboy, Jason And The Argonauts, and some others I don't remember. I gladly picked up Hellboy and Jason...

Schloob1 03-24-12 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by JimRochester (Post 11164990)
If mattysemo's list is accurate there's a couple I'd grab for $5

Problem is, it probably is not.

CaptainMarvel 03-25-12 12:44 PM

Schloob1's list is accurate. The display was up at my store. Picked up Winter's Bone for $5.

Brent L 03-26-12 10:29 AM

Good lord, I'll buy a ton off of that list when I see it.

Schloob1 03-26-12 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 11166892)
Good lord, I'll buy a ton off of that list when I see it.

That list was just speculation, these are the titles for sure. Perhaps there might be others, but these are confirmed.

American Psycho, Bridget Jones's Diary, Brothers, Adventureland, Alpha And Omega, Iron Monkey, Employee Of The Month, Disaster Movie, Chaos, CutThroat Island, Still Waiting..., The Spirit, My Best Friend's Girl, See No Evil, Kickboxer, Winter's Bone, The Way Of The Gun, Universal Soldier, The Haunting In Connecticut, & The Spy Next Door

Just a couple decent ones, bolded the ones for sure I want to pick up.

JAYARE 03-26-12 06:33 PM

in for
AMELIE
REINDEER GAMES
THE ENGLISH PATIENT
WINTER'S BONE

kenbenobi 03-26-12 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1 (Post 11166952)
That list was just speculation, these are the titles for sure. Perhaps there might be others, but these are confirmed.

American Psycho, Bridget Jones's Diary, Brothers, Adventureland, Alpha And Omega, Iron Monkey, Employee Of The Month, Disaster Movie, Chaos, CutThroat Island, Still Waiting..., The Spirit, My Best Friend's Girl, See No Evil, Kickboxer, Winter's Bone, The Way Of The Gun, Universal Soldier, The Haunting In Connecticut, & The Spy Next Door

Just a couple decent ones, bolded the ones for sure I want to pick up.

I only want the same ones as you (except for Amer Psycho which I already own)

Schloob1 03-26-12 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by JAYARE (Post 11167630)
in for
AMELIE
REINDEER GAMES
THE ENGLISH PATIENT
WINTER'S BONE

Hello, is this thing on? :( You are listing titles from the MOST LIKELY bad list. The only one for sure that you list there that will be on sale is Winter's Bone. See my other posts for the list of titles that are DEINITELY part of the sale.