DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/560355-walmart-walmart-com-discounts-deals-blu-ray.html)

mattysemo247 01-03-14 11:10 AM

re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

A good day to die hard is the movie only version for $5. It has different cover art as well so you should easily be able to tell a difference.

boc4ever 01-03-14 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 11965390)
A good day to die hard is the movie only version for $5. It has different cover art as well so you should easily be able to tell a difference.

Yeah, that is the one I saw. That practice is pretty shitty. A lot of rentals are that way too, so I don't rent often.

That'sAllFolks 01-13-14 08:26 PM

Spiders (3D/2D Blu-Ray) (2013) - 9.96 (no slip)
Malcolm X didgibook - 9.96

snorlaxnut 01-15-14 09:59 AM

I saw the Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy Blu-ray set with digital copy codes for $39.96.

But I found & picked up the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital copy set of each movie for $7.88 each in the Blu-ray dumpbin.

It pays to look deep into the bin.

rawplaya93 01-15-14 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by snorlaxnut (Post 11978137)
I saw the Jurassic Park: Ultimate Trilogy Blu-ray set with digital copy codes for $39.96.

But I found & picked up the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital copy set of each movie for $7.88 each in the Blu-ray dumpbin.

It pays to look deep into the bin.

Did they have slips? They must have added some new blu rays in the bin. We're there any other new ones they added to the bin?

snorlaxnut 01-16-14 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by rawplaya93 (Post 11978992)
Did they have slips? They must have added some new blu rays in the bin. We're there any other new ones they added to the bin?

No slipcovers. The only new ones I saw were Batman (1989) and Batman & Robin. No slipcovers on both.

rawplaya93 01-16-14 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by snorlaxnut (Post 11979156)
No slipcovers. The only new ones I saw were Batman (1989) and Batman & Robin. No slipcovers on both.

I just need the first Jurassic Park but I can never find one with slip but for 7.88 I can pass on it. I wish they had Batman Forever for that price as well

jimmyjjohn 01-21-14 08:13 AM

I agree.. I saw more blu @ Meijer than Wal-Mart...

snorlaxnut 01-21-14 10:15 AM

I still saw in the bin some of the $3.96 Blu-rays they were selling on Black Friday. Found the first 4 Die Hard movies, but not much of a difference in price between buying the complete set of all 5 movies, and buying the first 4 at $3.96 each and the last one separately. And the $3.96 copy of Live Free or Die Hard I found was the PG-13 version. No thank you.

Found, in a security case, and picked up Kill Bill Vol. 1 for $3.96 (it ringed up at that price).

Steve 03-17-14 06:41 AM

just saw Games of Thrones Season 1 BR, DVD and Digital Copy package for 7.88!
I double checked the price tag and yup, it was 7.88.

I don't remember when any major series had an entire season of BR/DVD for that price!

Of course, fans of the show (like me) already have S1 (and S2, and..).

But if you have never seen the show, or were always thinking of getting the BR set, now is the time.

I have the BR S1 and the PQ is awesome.

Have no idea of how long this price will last.. I don't remember seeing this as a sale item anywhere.

rbrown498 03-17-14 08:27 PM

^^Unfortunately, this wasn't the case at my store in Mississippi. Based on your post, I high-tailed it to Walmart after work, scooped one up, and took it to a price-checking station. It was $39.96.

The trip wasn't a total bust, however. I got some sour watermelon-flavored Peeps that are kick-ass.

Cardsfan111 03-17-14 08:41 PM

I checked my closest store tonight. Realized when I walked in, that I hadn't been in a Wal-Mart since the holidays.

I located the BD seasons for 2 & 3 and the empty shelf for the first season. Makes me wonder if they might have been cheap.

Steve 03-18-14 09:56 AM

just checked walmart.com. s1 is now $55!
Maybe the sale ended on Sunday? Just at a few stores?

All I know is I double checked the price tag below the set and it clearly was marked (Games Of Thrones - Blu-Ray, Season 1. $7.88).

Of course, that is not to say that if I took it to the register it would have rung up $40. :)

Definitely one of the stranger pricing at walmart I have seen.

mrhan 03-18-14 12:29 PM

I picked up The Warriors in their $4.88 bin. I was never going to pick this up after all the bad reviews but for $5 why not? I guess the completist in me wants to own both versions.

DVDude! 03-19-14 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by mrhan (Post 12048367)
I picked up The Warriors in their $4.88 bin. I was never going to pick this up after all the bad reviews but for $5 why not? I guess the completist in me wants to own both versions.

Nooooo! Return it! Use it as a coaster! Play Frisbee with it! Anything but watch it. It's a travesty compared to the classic original cut. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

That'sAllFolks 04-26-14 04:18 PM

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

couldn't find a generic Walmart thread like this in blu-ray forum.

Amazing Spiderman w/ mask Walmart exclusive -- 9.96
Saving Private Ryan sapphire ed. (w/ slip!) -- 9.96

dex14 04-26-14 04:57 PM

This is ringing up as 9.96??? http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Amazin...creen/21684069

That'sAllFolks 04-26-14 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12089414)

yes. There is a new preorder for Amz Spiderman 2 (when does this hit theaters?). Anyway I saw 3 copies at the 2 WMs I visited yesterday, so it may be new.

Cardsfan111 04-26-14 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 12089423)
yes. There is a new preorder for Amz Spiderman 2 (when does this hit theaters?)

Next week.

b2net 04-28-14 06:42 AM

This one has been around a while & has 2055 posts as of 3/19/2014. I often think the store related ones that get reasonable traffic should be stickies so they are easily found. Enjoy.

Blu-ray bargains at Wal-Mart

banthafett 04-28-14 11:46 AM

Agree that store threads should be stickies.

Anyways found the Remastered Fargo in dump bin for 7.88

b2net 04-28-14 02:19 PM

Would a mod consider this thread appropriate as a stickie?

popegregFKAgoblin23 04-29-14 01:15 AM

This was available last Black Friday at the same price. Great deal if you don't want the 3D version.

kenbenobi 04-29-14 05:22 PM

Re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by goblin23 (Post 12091615)
This was available last Black Friday at the same price. Great deal if you don't want the 3D version.

ASM is sealed on the inside. So if you just want the Spidey case, with bonus disc inside, you could buy it and sell ASM...

That'sAllFolks 04-29-14 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 12090524)
This one has been around a while & has 2055 posts as of 3/19/2014. I often think the store related ones that get reasonable traffic should be stickies so they are easily found. Enjoy.

Blu-ray bargains at Wal-Mart

I did do a search before starting that other thread. Either I'm doing something wrong or the search function sucks.

b2net 04-30-14 06:15 AM

Likely the search function as there are reports of it being flakey.... No biggie...

soundman2 05-06-14 08:30 AM

The 3D version of Amazing Spiderman with BD+DVD (not boxed) was available in the past for $10 (best buy $5 upgrade and save) just so people are aware.

thetao 05-16-14 12:55 PM

I noticed a Godzilla endcap at the local Wal Mart, with $8 copies of Kraken Releasing/Section 23's three recent Blu-Ray releases: Godzilla Vs. Hedorah (Smog Monster), Godzilla Vs. Gigan (Monster Island), and Ebirah Horror of the Deep (Sea Monster).

I believe everything else was a DVD...Godzilla (1954) from Criterion, King King vs. Godzilla, King Kong Escapes, various 1989-2004 Sony Godzilla double features, and some other creature films tossed in. Returning later today for another look.

ppawuk 05-16-14 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by thetao (Post 12108496)
I noticed a Godzilla endcap at the local Wal Mart, with $8 copies of Kraken Releasing/Section 23's three recent Blu-Ray releases: Godzilla Vs. Hedorah (Smog Monster), Godzilla Vs. Gigan (Monster Island), and Ebirah Horror of the Deep (Sea Monster).

I believe everything else was a DVD...Godzilla (1954) from Criterion, King King vs. Godzilla, King Kong Escapes, various 1989-2004 Sony Godzilla double features, and some other creature films tossed in. Returning later today for another look.

If that's true that's a great price for them. I just bought the Smog Monster, Gigan, and Sea Monster sets for $8.99 from BN.com the other day. I saw the double disc sets of the other movies (Mechagodzilla/Space Godzilla, etc) for $12.96 on Blu-ray the other day, but none of the others. I'll have to check it out.

rbrown498 05-16-14 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by thetao (Post 12108496)

No go at my store in Northeast Mississippi--I only found two of the Sony double-features on Blu and the original on DVD...nothing else. The original is a re-release from Classic Media (NOT the Criterion version), which identifies the original Japanese cut as coming out in 1964 and the American version as debuting in 1966. To paraphrase a line from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, doesn't anybody fucking FACT CHECK any more?

:hairpull:

ppawuk 05-16-14 08:15 PM

I noticed that Amazon just lowered the price of the double-feature Godzilla blu-rays to $10.99 if anyone's interested.

ppawuk 05-17-14 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon (Post 12109013)
And BBY counters by lowering theirs to 9.99 -- nice competition in the Walmart thread

Ha! Anything to save a buck!

darkhawk 05-17-14 08:32 PM

GAMER 3D is $7.90.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gamer-3D-B...creen/22081503

thetao 05-18-14 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by rbrown498 (Post 12108808)
The original is a re-release from Classic Media (NOT the Criterion version), which identifies the original Japanese cut as coming out in 1964 and the American version as debuting in 1966. To paraphrase a line from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, doesn't anybody fucking FACT CHECK any more?

Hehe, I was put off when I realized Classic Media translated 1/5 or less of the opening credits. Reminded me of a person doing live closed captioning, becoming overwhelmed by the source material, and then just giving up. I haven't seen Criterion's version yet, but hopefully they didn't miss a beat.

I was right about the three Kraken releasing Blu's and finally bought them last night, but there wasn't anything else on Blu. Weird that Wal-Mart mixes it up so much. For anybody interested, here's the whole endcap:

There was also a cardboard "flap" on the left side, sporting the Criterion Godzilla artwork.

That'sAllFolks 05-19-14 09:12 PM

now it's 9.96 online.

laidbacklarkin 05-19-14 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 12111548)
now it's 9.96 online.

Got it. Thank you.

Easy 05-22-14 09:56 AM

Shameless S3 is currently back in stock for $14.96 (free ship to store)... though I suspect not for long.

PhantomStranger 05-28-14 01:53 PM

Walmart's $7.88 bins are overflowing with new selections this past week. A Zorro double pack, Running Scared, etc. The one to look out for is The Natural/A League of Their Own double that is currently giving you four UV movies when you redeem the included code.

mattysemo247 05-29-14 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12119785)
Walmart's $7.88 bins are overflowing with new selections this past week. A Zorro double pack, Running Scared, etc. The one to look out for is The Natural/A League of Their Own double that is currently giving you four UV movies when you redeem the included code.

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the 3 that you mentioned, along with The Collection (which they were also selling the regular edition without the UV code for $9.96, go figure)

But what do you mean about the 4 UV movies when you redeem the code? Do they let you choose 4 movies to download for free?

PhantomStranger 05-29-14 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 12121196)
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up the 3 that you mentioned, along with The Collection (which they were also selling the regular edition without the UV code for $9.96, go figure)

But what do you mean about the 4 UV movies when you redeem the code? Do they let you choose 4 movies to download for free?

No, the included UV code gives you four different movies: The Natural/A League of Their Own/the Two Zorro movies. I think it's a mistake of how they've coded it.