deleted
Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-10, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by izatright
Went to a super Walmart and they had the bigger display that Jon2 posted pictures of. Picked up nofing.
Thanks for giving credit to someone else. That was my pic.
Old 12-05-10, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by a/v Junkie
Thanks for giving credit to someone else. That was my pic.
Oops! Thanks for your camera action. Didn't notice!
Old 12-05-10, 01:48 AM

Oops! Thanks for your camera action. Didn't notice!
No worries. It's all good.
Old 12-05-10, 02:41 AM

Was at Walmart tonight found the old black Friday display and they still had a bunch of the titles grouped together. I took a chance and scanned The Departed bluray and it came up for $5! Took it to the register to check out and the lady would not sell it to me because I didn't have my license on me and it was at home. I was quite sad but going to try again tomorrow.
Old 12-05-10, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dugnarug
Was at Walmart tonight found the old black Friday display and they still had a bunch of the titles grouped together. I took a chance and scanned The Departed bluray and it came up for $5! Took it to the register to check out and the lady would not sell it to me because I didn't have my license on me and it was at home. I was quite sad but going to try again tomorrow.
That's so weird! All the stores I went to had SOME selling for BF prices, but the rest resorted back. Picked up Community on dvd for the BF price several days afterward.
Old 12-06-10, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are displayed in the aisle in front of the electronics area. I've heard that a lot of Walmarts have not got them in yet. You should see them showing up at your local Walmart soon.
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out the next time I'm there.
Old 12-06-10, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks to whoever posted that The Shawshank Redemption was $10. The cheapest the digibook and the new non-digibook has been at Amazon is $17.49. I bought Shawshank and FMJ.
Old 12-06-10, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw the display at a more distant Walmart, but virtually all of the $10 BDs were gone except for the ones I already had (like Blind Side) or didn't want (like 300). Finding Sherlock Holmes is unlikely because we're in the Christmas frenzy where too many people are in the stores. While looking around Walmart, the electronics employee got a few phone calls asking for different items... the answer each time (without even looking) "I'm sorry, we're out of stock". That could be most B&M's motto: "out of stock". Now I don't know if she was lying because she didn't feel like leaving the electronics counter and actually looking or if they really were out of everything, but neither one would surprise me being that it's Walmart. They are seriously (IMHO) only good for food and household items now. Anything I want in electronics is usually out of stock, no longer (or never) carried, or overpriced.
Old 12-06-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
I saw the display at a more distant Walmart, but virtually all of the $10 BDs were gone except for the ones I already had (like Blind Side) or didn't want (like 300). Finding Sherlock Holmes is unlikely because we're in the Christmas frenzy where too many people are in the stores. While looking around Walmart, the electronics employee got a few phone calls asking for different items... the answer each time (without even looking) "I'm sorry, we're out of stock". That could be most B&M's motto: "out of stock". Now I don't know if she was lying because she didn't feel like leaving the electronics counter and actually looking or if they really were out of everything, but neither one would surprise me being that it's Walmart. They are seriously (IMHO) only good for food and household items now. Anything I want in electronics is usually out of stock, no longer (or never) carried, or overpriced.
It is totally store dependent.

The store closest to me is rather lame. But since they are lazy and lame, I often find older deals still available. But of course the newer stuff is slower to get out.

The store about 10 minutes away is one of their "showcase" stores. It is extremely clean, neat and folks are very helpful. They even have a nice selection of beers (not just crappy clear beer) and wines. But they are always right on to their programs. So their BF stuff was pulled immediately when over. But new stuff is up quick.
Old 12-06-10, 02:17 PM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Finally found Shawshank Redemption for $10.
Old 12-06-10, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jon2
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out the next time I'm there.
You're welcome! Good luck.
Old 12-06-10, 08:21 PM

That's so weird! All the stores I went to had SOME selling for BF prices, but the rest resorted back. Picked up Community on dvd for the BF price several days afterward.
I noticed on BF after the swarm had mostly dissipated from the dvd area that you could find copies of the BD movies that were part of BF on the regular shelves but they didn't have the PROMO stickers on them nor the special barcode on the back.

My guess is that employees have sometimes removed the promo sticker but not the barcode so if you check all the copies for one with an extra barcode sticker, you might get lucky and get the BF price on it too! Its what I would do if I wasn't in a hurry, look thru and take the stickered ones to price scanner to see if any were BF prices.
Old 12-06-10, 08:25 PM

^If they did that, it would screw up their inventory....not that there are a lot of WM employees that would actually care, but I doubt you would have seen a directive to remove the UPCs.
Old 12-06-10, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Might work for some. At my local store, the employees were manually scanning all the BF barcode items into the system on Saturday morning and repricing them so they would ring up the same as the regular priced copies in the electronics department.
Old 12-06-10, 09:23 PM

Just left the wal mart here in short pump, va. A lot of the the BF blu rays were still scanning at the $5 price. Picked up Gran Torino, Superbad, NATM Smithsonian, and Batman Begins. There were still a lot of the Black promo ($10) blu rays. Gift wrapped blus were also in store, including the Shawshank Redemption.
Old 12-06-10, 10:05 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by scubasteve1687
Just left the wal mart here in short pump, va. A lot of the the BF blu rays were still scanning at the $5 price. Picked up Gran Torino, Superbad, NATM Smithsonian, and Batman Begins. There were still a lot of the Black promo ($10) blu rays. Gift wrapped blus were also in store, including the Shawshank Redemption.
there's still hope for me then. Really want to pick up 'Gran Torino' so when I go there on Wednesday hopefully I'll find it and be able to grab it for $5
Old 12-08-10, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Walmart.com - Fox 3-Packs Just $19.96 ($6.65 per Blu-ray)
Old 12-09-10, 07:58 PM

I managed to find the $10 Sherlock Holmes BD at my closest Walmart. They had a small set of these $10 BDs on an endcap rather than in the green display box, and of course when I asked 2 different employees (one standing on the other side of the aisle next to this endcap) about the $10 gift wrapped BDs and if they had Sherlock Holmes both employees were totally clueless and told me to walk to the new release section.

So, this $10 Sherlock Holmes BD is enclosed in gift wrap and inside it is a normal BD case with the normal BD cover containing only a BD disc inside (having dropped the DVD and digital copy which contained nothing that the BD doesn't also contain). Is that right?
Old 12-09-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by scubasteve1687
Really? I love to get Batman Begins for $5.00!
Old 12-09-10, 09:17 PM

So, this $10 Sherlock Holmes BD is enclosed in gift wrap and inside it is a normal BD case with the normal BD cover containing only a BD disc inside (having dropped the DVD and digital copy which contained nothing that the BD doesn't also contain). Is that right?
I believe so. Also, the gift wrap is the shrink wrap on these. And the $5 concession coupon is a sticky on the outside of the package, so some of you might get screwed by all the greedy SDers and FWers. You'd think the companies would learn to make you actually buy the product instead of just walking in and peeling off all the stickers. I won't be using mine so if someone wants it, reply to this post and I will PM the code to you.
Old 12-09-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I managed to find the $10 Sherlock Holmes BD at my closest Walmart. They had a small set of these $10 BDs on an endcap rather than in the green display box, and of course when I asked 2 different employees (one standing on the other side of the aisle next to this endcap) about the $10 gift wrapped BDs and if they had Sherlock Holmes both employees were totally clueless and told me to walk to the new release section.

Yep that's right. I just picked this up. It has the special promo slipcase to it and inside that is a standard blu-ray case with cover wrapped in foil christmas paper.
Old 12-09-10, 10:48 PM

Has anyone seen The Last Samurai with the holiday slipcover at there local Walmart for $10?
Old 12-09-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone seen The Last Samurai with the holiday slipcover at there local Walmart for $10?
Yep seen multiple copies of it at mine.
Old 12-11-10, 12:42 AM

Just got back from Walmart with Sherlock Holmes BD, 10.00! I love this forum! It's been a LONG time coming. I saw the film earlier this year, bought the French bluray steelbook and was displeased with it, so I sold it and just decided to bide my time for a good price on the regular US release. I've been biding my time for 6 months (I think). Long time. Feels good. Hate the eco case.
Old 12-11-10, 11:28 AM

P/U Sherlock Holmes for $10. I will not be using the $5 concession code,if someone wants it- just PM me for the code.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.