Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 11-22-18, 05:59 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I found one deal online at walmart.
They have the 3D version of Goosebumps movie for 7.96 and is eligible for free pickup at store. Some others I wanted said I had to have enough for free shipping.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goosebumps-Blu-ray/47760314
Old 11-22-18, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 582 Likes on 432 Posts

I've actually gone to U.S. Walmarts on Saturdays AFTER Black Fridays and still found plenty of discs to pick from. Even at these drastic reductions, they don't sell out of everything on the first day.
Old 11-22-18, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Someone earlier posted that Incredibles 2 for blu ray dvd combo is like 9 bucks right now at Walmart stores?

Jeez. I ordered bought the dvd blu ray combo of the movie full price weeks ago.

Dang lol
Old 11-22-18, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

As noted in prior years, if there is a black Friday sale movie you want at Wal-Mart then the price is already active. As long as it is a regularly stocked item, you can go anytime today prior to tonight's craziness. I stop there every year on my way to Thanksgiving dinner, and the store is always almost completely deserted.
Old 11-22-18, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
As noted in prior years, if there is a black Friday sale movie you want at Wal-Mart then the price is already active. As long as it is a regularly stocked item, you can go anytime today prior to tonight's craziness. I stop there every year on my way to Thanksgiving dinner, and the store is always almost completely deserted.
Just got back from there. Took going to 2 stores, but I was able to get 4K versions of The Greatest Showman, Deadpool 2, Hotel Transylvania and Alien Covenant for $8.96 each. Was only 1 or 2 of each available on the shelves, but at least I found them.
Old 11-22-18, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just noticed the copy of Incredibles 2 I picked up ($9.96) is Blu-Ray + DVD only... no digital code. That kinda sucks. I thought it was odd, but all on the shelf were the same.
Old 11-22-18, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
I just noticed the copy of Incredibles 2 I picked up ($9.96) is Blu-Ray + DVD only... no digital code. That kinda sucks. I thought it was odd, but all on the shelf were the same.
It another one of these Walmart Exclusives. It seems there are 4-6 of these now that are DC-less. Apparently some folks see the DMR sheet and assumed it's a digital code until they go to redeem it.

Like Amazon 3D items that are missing either the digital code or 2D disc, Walmart isn't clearly labeling these as exclusives so it's very difficult to even make a list of them.
Old 11-22-18, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Here's a partial list of 4K titles they'll have for $8.96 in the shippers. If you can find them on the shelves right now, they are already ringing at BF prices.

Creed
Resident Evil: Final Chapter
Furious 7
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
E.T.
Blade Runner 2049
Prometheus
Rampage
Deadpool 2
Skyscraper
Ready Player One
The First Purge
Hotel Transylvania 3
John Wick
John Wick Chapter 2
Wonder Woman
The Greatest Showman
IT (2017)
Tomb Raider (2018)
X-Men Apocalypse
Kingsman: Golden Circle
Kingsman: Secret Service
Knowing ($9.96, because, you know, Nic Cage worth the extra $1)
Jigsaw
Fifty Shades Freed
Justice League
Old 11-22-18, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I did this today and the cashier wouldn’t ring me up. She said I had to wait until 6. I walked over to self checkout and a message came up that an associate had to check out my items. She asked another associate if all sale videos had a sticker. They said yes so they let me finish my transaction for three 4K movies.
Old 11-22-18, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pizza
I did this today and the cashier wouldn’t ring me up. She said I had to wait until 6. I walked over to self checkout and a message came up that an associate had to check out my items. She asked another associate if all sale videos had a sticker. They said yes so they let me finish my transaction for three 4K movies.
The "dot"/"promo" stickers movies have a different upc and will be blocked at the register. The regular sidecounter items usually get marked down to match the sale prices, to prevent customer confusion.
Old 11-22-18, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

I picked up a two pack of American Horror Story: Coven and American Horror Story: Freakshow blu-rays at Walmart tonight for $9.96. There was one copy in the Black Friday shippers. I also saw a similar two pack of Sleepy Hollow. That’s all I saw; there could have been more tv sets like that that sold out before I got there.
Old 11-23-18, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Managed to get all the Blu-Rays & DVDs on my list this evening.

Local store was a bit of a madhouse but that was to be expected. It was nice to see a more open layout for where the Blu-Rays/DVDs & Video Games were at this store compared to last year, which was incredibly cramped.

The store was out of Incredibles 2 (BD/$9.96) in the Cardboard Shippers but all the copies in the Media Section were ringing at said price.
Old 11-23-18, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by rwsharpjr
The "dot"/"promo" stickers movies have a different upc and will be blocked at the register. The regular sidecounter items usually get marked down to match the sale prices, to prevent customer confusion.
Right. The ones I had were from the regular side counters in their media section with no promo stickers. One of them was Deadpool 2 and when I did self check out I figured it was the R rating that triggered things but everyone was worried it was BF sale copies. Aparently the manager read them the riot act earlier and they were being over zealous.
Old 11-23-18, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

I stopped by today and they had essentially dropped all the Black Friday movies into a dump bin. I dug through for about twenty minutes and I only bought Goosebumps on Blu-ray for $3.96. I didn't see any 4K titles. I almost bought a collector's edition of The Godfather on Blu-ray, but I decided not too.
Old 11-23-18, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I stopped by today and they had essentially dropped all the Black Friday movies into a dump bin. I dug through for about twenty minutes and I only bought Goosebumps on Blu-ray for $3.96. I didn't see any 4K titles.
There were some in the dump bins at my Walmarts, but you had to dig for them. Since the 4k titles all had orange stickers it made it easier to see them.
Old 11-24-18, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I picked up a two pack of American Horror Story: Coven and American Horror Story: Freakshow blu-rays at Walmart tonight for $9.96. There was one copy in the Black Friday shippers. I also saw a similar two pack of Sleepy Hollow. That’s all I saw; there could have been more tv sets like that that sold out before I got there.
Thanks for the heads up, I grabbed Sleepy Hollow. For $5 a season, I'll give it a shot.

Does anyone know if the prices are still good on Saturday? I wanted to try and find some of those 4K titles.
Old 11-24-18, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Does anyone know if the prices are still good on Saturday? I wanted to try and find some of those 4K titles.
Technically, all the Black Friday prices expired at the end of the day Friday. In practice, the prices on the movies may linger until as late as Sunday. But it looks like you'll need to find movies with the stickered barcode on the back, because looking up prices on the normal barcodes shows that those have all gone back to regular prices already.
Old 11-24-18, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 801 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Prices are usually good until 12AM on Sunday morning. I have went on Saturdays many times and found everything that I wanted. Some of the best doorbusters many be gone though.
Old 11-24-18, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Went in store around 6pm last night because we needed to make a grocery stop. They still had TVs lined up at the front of the store. I made a quick run through the movies and still found Kingsman 2 and Jurassic World 2 (grabbed it off the shelf so I got the slipcover with it). The bins/shippers were pretty empty, but there was still plenty of good stuff. I passed up on all the Game of Thrones seasons, Westworld, and Blue Planet II.

Incredibles 2 was on the shelf and price checked at $9.96, but I decided I probably wouldn’t watch it again (and no digital code was the tipping point not to buy).
Old 11-24-18, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 360 Likes on 303 Posts

Stopped by a different Walmart this afternoon while running errands.

This store had all of their Black Friday Blu-Rays & DVDs in (4) Cardboard Dump Bins. It was a bit difficult going through each one as they had accumulated items that Customers randomly would throw in there as well.
Old 11-24-18, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 582 Likes on 432 Posts

Rummaged through the leftovers this afternoon. Lots of good titles still mixed in, but went with some older stuff that didn’t seem bad for $9.96 each:

ULTIMATE MATRIX COLLECTION - Blu
(Already have this, but figured reselling up here will offset some of what I paid for it in the first place!)
GODFATHER COPPOLA RESTORATION SET - Blu
BLADE RUNNER 2049 - 4K ($8.96)
Old 11-25-18, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thor: Ragnarok (Cinematic Universe Edition) (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) - $14.68 (ship to store)

Amazon matched but showing 1-2 MONTHS for delivery.
Old 11-25-18, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waiting for a Ragnarok 4K deal to get my MCU collection caught up.
Old 11-25-18, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 361 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy
Thor: Ragnarok (Cinematic Universe Edition) (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital) - $14.68 (ship to store)

Amazon matched but showing 1-2 MONTHS for delivery.
Thanks been waiting for this to drop in price.
Old 11-30-18, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Batman-Th...Copy/165835072
Free 2 Day shipping, pick up in store by Dec 5

It doesn't state it's a pre-order so the website is acting like it's a current item though I don;t think the official release day is until 12/11, but this item has been so screwed up who knows, but a pretty good price fro a new item at 45% off

EDIT: $49.49 price lasted only a few hours, not back to a not so good $75

Last edited by hariseldon; 12-01-18 at 11:06 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.