Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Blu-ray at WBshop.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-09, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Buy 2 Get 2 Free on Blu-ray at WBshop.com

B2G1WB no longer working for me. I knew I should have pulled the trigger last night. Oh well, like others gave previously stated; I shouldn't be spending the money anyways.
Old 08-28-09, 06:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

While I could have pulled the trigger last night and gotten 6 more BDs at about $9 average apiece, I'm kind of glad I hesitated. I would have ended up with 4 movies I didn't really want or need just to get 2 I did.
Old 08-28-09, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
While I could have pulled the trigger last night and gotten 6 more BDs at about $9 average apiece, I'm kind of glad I hesitated. I would have ended up with 4 movies I didn't really want or need just to get 2 I did.
I think 70% of the stuff I ordered in this sale I didn't really need. I kinda wanted them, but I surely didn't need them, and most likely wouldn't have bought them otherwise... And knowing my backlog, I may never watch many of them... Yes, this is an addiction. But it beats gambling!
Old 08-28-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

My second order finally shipped! The shipping E-mail just flew into my box, and as usual from WBShop, I'll have it in 6 days.

So those of you still waiting for Shawshank, perhaps your wait is nearly over.
Old 08-28-09, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why would I want to open up a perfectly good blu ray..when it looks so nice all new and shiny on shelf for display.
Old 08-28-09, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have people received confirmation emails for orders placed yesterday? My card was pre-charged, but I haven't received an email, nor does anything show up in my order history.
Old 08-28-09, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Have people received confirmation emails for orders placed yesterday? My card was pre-charged, but I haven't received an email, nor does anything show up in my order history.
I got a confirmation for mine almost right away.

One of my orders in the last batch though never received any sort of email confirmation.
Old 08-28-09, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Murmur
I placed two orders on Aug. 17th. Two days ago (26th) I received a confirmation my order had shipped, and it arrived today via UPS and in good condition!

I was concerned about the second order and called just to double check it's status. I was told by CS that they did have the order, but that two of the Harry Potter movies I had ordered were on back order and it would ship only when they came - complete order only. So, I am not worried, just waiting for those last movies to come in.

So, if you haven't heard anything yet, it most likely would be that something is on backorder and it won't ship until it is in.
Thanks for the heads up! I've received three of four orders (two today, in fact), but the last outstanding one hasn't been charged to my card yet. I've started to get worried, especially because it contained all five Harry Potter Blu-rays for my girlfriend. That's probably the hold up. I'll try to remain patient.
Old 08-28-09, 09:31 PM
Cool New Member

I got an email confirmation that the order was rec'd not long after I placed it.

I did all pre-orders though, so I don't expect anything for a quite a while.
Old 08-28-09, 09:50 PM
Cool New Member

I already got shipping confirmation for my order yesterday. I checked out as a guest using a new email, the order confirmation came to that address, but the shipping confirm was sent to my original WBshop account email. I logged in and sure enough the order is showing up in my account now and still shows the full discounted price.

Huh. When I try to click on the order number it says that the order number cannot be found under my profile.

Last edited by jondog21; 08-28-09 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-28-09, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't get a shipping notice yet, but I see my order was split in two. The 3 in-stock titles apparently will ship soon, which is nice.
Old 08-29-09, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What I ordered late on the 27th is showing as in process. I ordered 9 titles, with one of them being a preorder. It looks like it was broken up into two orders based on that, but with the number of out of stocks, chances are I'll get the preorder before the rest of the order.
Old 08-29-09, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish I would have kept up with this thread for the pre-orders namely Heat and North By Northwest, but oh well I got my original 9 title order this week so it was kinda like Christmas in August.
Old 08-29-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

again ... I missed this one by "that" much....
Old 08-31-09, 06:29 PM
Cool New Member

Yay, I just rec'd my order of 9 today. The box was ready to fall apart, but all items were accounted for and the actual BR boxes themselves are in good shape. I haven't opened it yet, but so far so good.

Probably the best deal I've been able to get in on this year to date: saved over $200 off the lowest online prices, and over $300 MSRP--thanks Wbshop.com!
Old 08-31-09, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

While their packing department is somewhat suspect (two of my last six orders from them have had errors), the customer service over the phone has improved immensely since last year.
Old 08-31-09, 07:42 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They sent mine all in a bubble envelope. I was very disappointed in them putting 9 BD in one envelope. Only 1 had some light damage. I cant see how they don't use a box for that. The only other place I remember doing this cheap packaging was Inet.
Old 08-31-09, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone get a shipping notification from the second sale yet?
Old 08-31-09, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
Anyone get a shipping notification from the second sale yet?
No, but a charge posted to my card for the proper amount (excluding pre-orders).

^ Nope, but the order says shipped online as of today, so I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by g
They sent mine all in a bubble envelope. I was very disappointed in them putting 9 BD in one envelope. Only 1 had some light damage. I cant see how they don't use a box for that. The only other place I remember doing this cheap packaging was Inet.
I've received 7 orders so far, only 1 of which was in a bubble mailer. It struck me as odd too.

I'm only one order short now. It showed up on my card yesterday though, so I expect to have it by the end of the week.

EDIT: Just got a shipping notice on that final order. UPS tracking says Thursday.

Last edited by smashthesymbols; 08-31-09 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-31-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by awil1026
No, but a charge posted to my card for the proper amount (excluding pre-orders).
Same for me.
Old 08-31-09, 08:58 PM
Cool New Member

Are you guys with preorders seeing the full Fandango $10 taken off the shipped portion of your orders? My credit card was charged for less than the shipping confirm said, but not a full $10 less.
Old 08-31-09, 10:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My shipping confirmation is definitely off by $10 (the extra promotion). I haven't checked yet to see what I was actually charged to determine if it is an error on the shipping confirmation only or whether I was actually charged an extra $10. I have an email into them asking for an explanation.

In the end, if they pulled that one back no big deal. It would just mean I paid a little over $10 a BR instead of a little over $9 a BR. Either way a great deal.
Old 08-31-09, 11:50 PM
Cool New Member

Finally received my first order, wow i must say that the tmnt collection set is awesome. i thought that it was gonna be this huge ugly box but i was wrong!thanks everyone on here for posting the stackable codes

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.