Ghostbusters Bluray @ Amazon for $10!

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Ghostbusters Bluray @ Amazon for $10!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-09, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ghostbusters Bluray @ Amazon for $10!

Santa just dropped my packages off, time to watch some GB blu! Also got the Ghostbusters game today so I'm packing proton today
Old 06-16-09, 08:55 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyRabbit
Santa just dropped my packages off, time to watch some GB blu! Also got the Ghostbusters game today so I'm packing proton today

is that a euphemism for a hardon?
Old 06-16-09, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
HAHA I guess so. I got Spaceballs today too so I guess I'll be using my schwartz as well. The Wife might not leave me afterall
Old 06-16-09, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine shipped yesterday. Awesome.
Old 06-16-09, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

shipped.....$10.....free shipping
Old 06-16-09, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
"He slimed me."
Old 06-16-09, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Still waiting ofr mine to ship, says it will be June 22nd. I am in no huge rush.
Old 06-19-09, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those that missed the $10 Amazon deal, another option is to see if your local Borders has a copy ($29), apply the 40%-off coupon (here), then use the $5-off Sony coupon (the Sony link no longer works, but hopefully someone saved the PDF for download somewhere). This brings the total to $12.40. If you have Borders Bucks to use up, all the better
Old 06-19-09, 03:04 PM

Borders does not accept Manufacturer's Coupons and neither does Barnes and Noble.

Atleast the ones in South Florida do not.
Old 06-19-09, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
Borders does not accept Manufacturer's Coupons and neither does Barnes and Noble.

Atleast the ones in South Florida do not.
Sorry to hear that My Borders has always accepted them. Perhaps a call to Borders Customer Care is in order.
Old 06-19-09, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My copy arrived today, from Amazon. The slipcover is nice, but mine was in bad shape. I'm pissed. Time to contact Sony and see if they'll hook me up.
Old 06-19-09, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

If you missed out on the double coupons like I did but still want to get something of a deal, Amazon dropped the price of the Blu-ray to $18.99, and you can still apply one of the coupons to get it for $13.99.
Old 06-20-09, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

FYI, if you add The Da Vinci Code with Ghostbusters, you will get a $10 promotion. Although TDVC is kinda high in price, currently at $27.27. But the average cost is around $19 for both titles. Still kinda steep...but if you really want them...
Old 06-21-09, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by bhauge
For those that missed the $10 Amazon deal, another option is to see if your local Borders has a copy ($29), apply the 40%-off coupon (here), then use the $5-off Sony coupon (the Sony link no longer works, but hopefully someone saved the PDF for download somewhere). This brings the total to $12.40. If you have Borders Bucks to use up, all the better
For the folks who say that Borders doesn't take manufacturer's coupons... I did this today at my Borders in Columbus, and did a similar tactic on the X-Men Trilogy Blu-Ray w/o any problems what so ever a couple of months ago...
Old 06-23-09, 03:22 PM

I attempted to watch my copy last night and the picture quality was terrible! I went to blu-ray.com for the review and I read some people stating that they like that it looks like it was being shown in a theater in 1984 and that it was the studios' intention, but I'm not buying that argument.

I bought the 2-movie set when it was released a few years ago, and I think I'll stick with that because I'm taking this BR back to Wal-Mart. I should get a refund even though it's opened because I bought the only copy that was there. I am very disappointed in this release. Also, the menus are frustrating.
Old 06-23-09, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mraw
I attempted to watch my copy last night and the picture quality was terrible! I went to blu-ray.com for the review and I read some people stating that they like that it looks like it was being shown in a theater in 1984 and that it was the studios' intention, but I'm not buying that argument.

I bought the 2-movie set when it was released a few years ago, and I think I'll stick with that because I'm taking this BR back to Wal-Mart. I should get a refund even though it's opened because I bought the only copy that was there. I am very disappointed in this release. Also, the menus are frustrating.
Why aren't you buying the argument? Have you seen the film in theaters? I personally think the Blu-ray PQ is above average.

How are the menus frustrating? They're not the most intuitive, but they were fairly easy to navigate. You just have to use the left/right arrow buttons on the remote to rotate the main menu options. If you hit down, you'll highlight BD-Live, which isn't part of the options "wheel". You'd have to hit up to get back to the "wheel". Once again, not the most intuitive, but hardly difficult.
Old 06-23-09, 03:43 PM

If he rather keep his blown out contrast 2 disc version over this superior Blu-ray by all means let him.
Everyone else I know have said that out of all 3 releases, the blu-ray is the best of the bunch.
Old 06-23-09, 04:45 PM

Yes, the menu was frustrating initially because I was using the up and down arrows to navigate and was getting nowhere. I'm not fond of the menus that work like a wheel, and that's my preference. As for PQ, I couldn't even focus on the film because the grain was so busy it looked like ants were crawling all over the screen.

As for the theatrical release, I was 4 years old when the movie came out, so no, I didn't see it in theaters.

I also love the "everyone I know" blanket statements as if you are polling everyone you know to see which version people prefer.
Old 06-23-09, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
...and I read some people stating that they like that it looks like it was being shown in a theater in 1984 and that it was the studios' intention, but I'm not buying that argument.
This statement seems to suggest that you actually believe the filmmakers intended the movie to look like it has on the VHS and DVD copies that you've seen, rather than looking like a movie shot on film (which inherently has grain) and projected in a theater. Do you really believe that? Really?

It's perfectly fine for you to personally prefer the look of the DVD, but to believe that the visual quality of the DVD is closer to the intentions of the filmmakers than the BD is simply delusional.
Old 06-24-09, 07:16 PM

Deal is dead and has been for some time ^
Old 06-24-09, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched the Slimer Mode the other night and was stunned at how soft and grainy it was. Yes, I saw it in the theaters when it was first out and I know what grain looks like. The sound is also quite thin. Going back and watching older movies really makes you appreciate when modern soundtracks sound like.
Old 07-17-09, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ghostbusters Blu-ray $9.99 at Amazon (Use coupon code: GHOSTBLU for $5 Off)
Old 07-17-09, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Ghostbusters Blu-ray $9.99 at Amazon (Use coupon code: GHOSTBLU for $5 Off)
I almost think this deserves a new thread, since it's sort of a different deal, or at least a new deal. The old deal is dead, so I wouldn't have even checked this thread. I just happened to be searching to see if I could find the $5 coupon for DD and see if it would stack with the 25% off. I couldn't find the DD coupon (I assume they removed it because of the sale), but I came across this deal. I'm tempted to get it, but I don't have prime, and I can't figure out anything else to get so I can get free shipping. Add shipping to it, and I might as well just use the pdf coupon and buy it in the store.
Old 07-17-09, 08:36 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Even with the $2.97 shipping charge, it still came to $12.97. Pretty damn good and still cheaper than the Deep Discount sale, so thanks for the heads up mattysemo247.
Old 07-17-09, 09:57 AM

In for Ghostbusters and the Blade Runner special so I got free shipping!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.