Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

WWF improvement thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-01, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
While I am sure Vinnie Mac will come up with something great before Backlash, I would like to open up this topic for discussion. My fantasy universe wish list:

1) A no holds barred hell in a cell match between Austin and Taker to determine the top bad a$$ in the WWF.

2) No more Rock, at least as a face. He had a great heel persona.

3) HBK! HBK! HBK!

4) Vince should purhcase Jive records (N Sync and Brittney's company), then force some of its talent into matches. I would love N Sync against the Dudley Boyz and a 3 way evening gown match between Brittney, Steph, and Lita!
Old 04-10-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like the 1st one Hell in a Cell with Taker and Austin.
Rock should make a comeback as a face but more ruthless or Evil type.He is still the crowd favourite
HBK! Sure would be nice
Make more DVD's out of the PPV's since they gonna accuire Artisan!They have been slow on doing this stuff.
Make a 3 falls match like Austin and HHH had at unforgiven but with a tag team.Now thats entertainment
Old 04-10-01, 09:44 PM

In response to the above (all reflect my own personal opinion)...

1. Agreed - Austin drop the title to Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell for a final run before Undertaker retires - let him go out with a bang.

2. Agreed - bring back the corporate Rock

3. Disagree - now I never really saw much of HBK when he was a wrestler, but with him being the commissioner...come on - if I didn't know that he was married, I would swear that he was gay. Prance around the ring, doing some sweet chin music - I don't know, never saw what people see in him...

4. Now that's a thought, Britney/Lita/Steph stripping each other...hell, I would settle for Lita/Steph...please Vince give your fans what they want!!!
Old 04-10-01, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Austin vs. 'Taker in a Hell in the Cell match? They are the two gimpiest, most broken-down guys in the WWF, and that match is too dangerous for them at this point.
Old 04-11-01, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmmmmmmmm, let's see.

1.) I still don't think Austin should have ever gone heel. It's just pretty sad that after Triple H and Austin feuded, they're partners now.

2.) The Rock should have been the heel. He was more entertaining back then.

3.) HBK would be a nice addition.

4.) Less promos on TV. It seems as though the last couple weeks have been all promos or "Just seconds ago, this happened spots...

5.) No more XFL commentary

6.) End the McMahon family feud soon

7.) Promote D'Lo Brown again and fire Chaz

8.) Promote Benoit and Jericho to main event status.

Old 04-11-01, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by jellis
3. Disagree - now I never really saw much of HBK when he was a wrestler..... I don't know, never saw what people see in him...
Find a tape of the HBK v Undertaker Hell in the Cell. Shawn MADE that style match that night.

Find a tape of the HBK v Razor Ramon ladder match form Wrestlemania. Shawn MADE that style match that night.

Find tapes of the "original" DX and see how his segments were funny, evil, and creative... and DIFFERENT every week without resorting to just the same catchphrase (suck it, oh you didnt know, etc)

NOBODY sold bumps like HBK.

In his prime HBK flew like a Hardy, bumped like Shane O Mac, and cut promos that put Rock's to shame.

Old 04-12-01, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The ladder match HBK with Razor Ramon was best.I still have memories of that match
Old 04-14-01, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Kumar J
The ladder match HBK with Razor Ramon was best.I still have memories of that match
Although the Summerslam was better than Wrestlemania