Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

That's My Bush

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-01, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you guys watch this show? It came on right after South Park on wednesday, its actually from the creators of South Park. This show was pretty funny, its about the president George Dubya! There was a funny scene when his wife wanted to get it on and George was like go put on that parka I bought you while he goes and moves his guests to another room w/out her noticing, she comes back down wearing the jacket and goes to flash george and flashes everyone. Prob not as funny reading it, check out the show next week. It set a new record for most watched premiere show on Comedy Central.
Old 04-06-01, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There was a thread about this floating around somewhere. I liked it. I will continue to watch. I loved the whole fetus thing.
Old 04-06-01, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
Here's the other thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=97693

My opinion: It sucked. I give it one more week, then it gets deleted from my TiVo's Season Passes if it's not better.
Old 04-09-01, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
As I posted in the other thread ( http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...threadid=97693 ), I think its a funny spoof of bad sitcoms. A lot of people don't seem to "get it" though, and only apparently see it as simply being a bad sitcom without noticing that its really a satire.
Old 04-10-01, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I knew it was a satire, and I still didn't laugh once.

It's a shame, cuz I know they could've done better.
Old 04-11-01, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why would I want to?
Isn't the boy's presence in office enough of a joke?
Old 04-11-01, 10:55 PM
Banned

Don't mind me ...

I'm just padding through ...

Old 04-11-01, 10:55 PM

Tonight's Show

I think this will soon become one of my favorite TV shows, tonight's episode was great with George's frat buddies. I loved the part when George farted on that dude.
Old 04-12-01, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really didn't think anything of it. It's just another random show. My parents seemed to like as did some older neighbors.
Old 04-12-01, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like I said in the other thread, LAME.
Old 04-12-01, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
not sure if its any indication.. but I fell asleep about 5 minutes into it
Old 04-12-01, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The most surprising thing about the show is how fat Marcia Wallace is now.
Old 04-12-01, 09:27 AM
Suspended

I didn't like the first episode too much, but last night's was good.. I'll prolly watch it every week, it's on right after South Park, which is the only tv show I watch anymore besides xfiles

And it's a heluva lot better than that TV funhouse crap
Old 04-12-01, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
In case no one has noticed, it's SUPPOSED to be bad.

They acknowledge this with their ad line: Every Great Man Deserves a Great Sitcom.

They've taken old, hackneyed, beaten-to-death domestic sitcom premises, and recycled them to take place in the White House. Kinda like how Get a Life took every precosious-child sitcom (like Leave it to Beaver) situation and transposed it to a 30 year old man living in his parents' garage (ditching to ride the new rollercoaster, losing his paper route, buying plans from a comic book for a build-at-home submarine, etc.)....
Old 04-12-01, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I've watched both episodes and I still don't think it's all that entertaining. I think it's great as a satire of the sitcom genre, but it's just not that funny. Although I admit that I laugh when Bush gives his catchphrase and the audience says it along with him.
Old 04-12-01, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So far, I enjoy it enough to keep watching.
Old 04-12-01, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by DJLinus
Although I admit that I laugh when Bush gives his catchphrase and the audience says it along with him.
You mean: "LAURA ONE OF THESE DAYS IM GONNA PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!"
Old 04-14-01, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree with dhmac...

I think maybe Trey and Matt made this show intentionally really really bad, as just a test of how far they could stretch comedy central's patience. I'll admit southpark has lost some of its originality and freshness, but it still reminas funny and satires some of today's "issues" (i.e. chinpokemon and the class elections were hilarious.)

But this was just unfunny... Maybe it would have better luck as a cartoon.
Old 04-15-01, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I agree with dhmac...

I think maybe Trey and Matt made this show intentionally really really bad, as just a test of how far they could stretch comedy central's patience. I'll admit southpark has lost some of its originality and freshness, but it still reminas funny and satires some of today's "issues" (i.e. chinpokemon and the class elections were hilarious.)

But this was just unfunny... Maybe it would have better luck as a cartoon.
See, this is the thing about humor. It's open to each person's individual interpretation. I happen to love the show and think it is one of the funniest things on television right now. I think it is a great mockery of the traditional sitcom setup and I find most of the jokes hilarious. I just wish they would make fun of Bush a little more. I realize their main target was American sitcoms, but if anybody deserves to be made fun of, it's got to be Dubya. I say Trey and Matt should keep up the good work, they have me, and i assume more than a few others, rolling on the floor laughing my ass off every Wednesday.
Old 04-15-01, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
I too love the show. Too bad most of my friends don't find the humor in that.
Old 04-15-01, 09:30 AM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I think maybe Trey and Matt made this show intentionally really really bad, as just a test of how far they could stretch comedy central's patience.
Are you sure you're watching the same show??? Anyway I agree, diffrent people diffrent tastes....
Old 04-15-01, 04:14 PM

It makes me so glad to see that other people appreciate the humor of this show too. I was starting to fear I was the only one laughing out loud at this the last two weeks. Some damn funny stuff and for those of you pissing and moaning about it being "intentionally bad" and "unfunny," just turn the channel and stop watching. There are plenty of us who will stay with it every week.
Old 04-15-01, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I *tried* to like this show. I guess I'm one of the people who "doesn't get it", though I don't think there is anything to "get". The show is lame, even for a satire that is *supposed* to be lame.

I think Matt and Trey could do much, much better.

Marianne
Old 04-15-01, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by badger1997
It makes me so glad to see that other people appreciate the humor of this show too. I was starting to fear I was the only one laughing out loud at this the last two weeks. Some damn funny stuff and for those of you pissing and moaning about it being "intentionally bad" and "unfunny," just turn the channel and stop watching. There are plenty of us who will stay with it every week.
Word!
Old 04-16-01, 05:15 AM

I don't "get" the show, but I don't hate it either. I'm a pretty big fan of Matt&Trey's stuff (Cannibal! The Musical being one of my favorite DVDs), but the humor here is entirely not my style.

On the other hand, I was pleasently surprised that it didn't disintegrate into the type of show I was expecting. Namely, an elongated version of most W parodies:
(insert joke about W being stupid)
(insert joke about Cheney being old)
(insert joke about W being son of a president)
(repeat 50 times)

At least this show is angling for a newer, more creative take on things--which is far more than I expected, but like that TV Funhouse show Comedy Central's been running, I Just Don't Get It.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.