International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Toshiba SD1200

Old 04-05-01, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Toshiba SD1200 "region free" player. I can play most Region 1 disc. But the problem comes from the RCE disc like Patriot. I tried using the methods describe in http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html
to try to play but it does not work! Anybody got any ideas how to bypass the RCE protection. Also I heard from a friend that there is a way to set the RCE protection off PERMANENTLY by using the remote. How about it any ideas??
Old 04-05-01, 10:28 AM

You can try a search for "remote hack"; or maybe someone can point you in the right direction.
Old 04-05-01, 11:30 PM
Banned

Welcome to the forum PeterPan. You might want to try the DVD Hardware forum....
Old 04-14-01, 07:33 AM

Toshiba SD 1200

I live in Australia and have an SD 1200 Multi region machine. I have just purchased a Region 1 RCE copy of Chalies Angels. Try this , After the map of the world appears press memory. Make the title 1 and the chapter 1 then press enter. Then press clear, then press play, the movie should start playing but it will stop at the end of chapter one. To get around this you press T twice and enter a start time of 0:00:01 (one second) the movie should play right through. To look at the extras you have to start at the beginning but you change the title to 2 or3 or 4 etc leaving the chapter at 1 . Hope this helps. email me if you have problems [email protected]

Phil

Old 04-14-01, 10:51 PM

Re: Toshiba SD 1200

Is Charlie's Angels RCE protected????

Originally posted by bennymcgwire
I live in Australia and have an SD 1200 Multi region machine. I have just purchased a Region 1 RCE copy of Chalies Angels. Try this , After the map of the world appears press memory. Make the title 1 and the chapter 1 then press enter. Then press clear, then press play, the movie should start playing but it will stop at the end of chapter one. To get around this you press T twice and enter a start time of 0:00:01 (one second) the movie should play right through. To look at the extras you have to start at the beginning but you change the title to 2 or3 or 4 etc leaving the chapter at 1 . Hope this helps. email me if you have problems [email protected]

Phil

Old 04-15-01, 06:02 AM

Toshiba SD 1200

Unfortunately, yes, Charlies Angels is RCE protected.