Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone else a fan of Gideon's Crossing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-01, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Man I love this show. The lines are almost poetic in nature as they are played out. Fantastic writing!
Old 04-03-01, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good show.

Probably getting cancelled.

Old 04-03-01, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sometimes this show is terrific, sometimes it's very bad. (Right, Ruben Blades gives that guy back the gun; that whole episode was awful with the stupid MPD premise). Very inconsistent.

One thing that's consistently bad is the music. Drives me crazy even when the show is good.

Edit: in the spirit of fairness, since I mentioned the worst episode above, I'll mention what I thought was the best. The one where a series of errors led to that guy's death. Perhaps the best episode of a medical show since the "Love's Labor Lost" episode on the first season of ER.

[Edited by movielib on 04-04-01 at 08:03 AM]
Old 04-03-01, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I love Gideon's...but I have at time found myself cutting it a little slack because of Andre Braugher, but that was mostly early in the season (and the Ruben Blades episode mentioned earlier).

The supporting cast really fit well into their characters...too bad its getting the axe though. Damn TV execs.
Old 04-03-01, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk God

It is getting the ax That is SUCK! What they could really use is a better time slot.
Old 04-05-01, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only watched it once when it did the continuation of a "Practice" episode. Liked it only because some people from The Practice cast was in it
Old 04-06-01, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by clemente
I love Gideon's...but I have at time found myself cutting it a little slack because of Andre Braugher, but that was mostly early in the season (and the Ruben Blades episode mentioned earlier).

The supporting cast really fit well into their characters...too bad its getting the axe though. Damn TV execs.
I agree with a lot of what's been said. It's the only primetime show I watch & I only started watching it because of Andre Braugher. Homicide was so good & I still work up anger every now & again on how it was treated.

Is Gideon definitely getting cancelled? That would be sad. I used to end every episode with "well, it's no Homicide." Either it's gotten much better or I've finally warmed up to it because I look forward to it every week & even enjoy the scenes without Andre now. It does have a bad theme song.
Old 04-06-01, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Lokimok
It does have a bad theme song.
You know what, the theme song has really started to grow on me.

(As an aside, my worst theme song has to go to CSI, talk about mood killer!)
Old 04-09-01, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
new episode tonight!
Old 04-09-01, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Last episode tonight! (probably...damn you ABC. Cupid, Sports Night, and now Gideon, all taken before there time!)
Old 04-10-01, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Let me tell you, as a doctor, I was way turned off from the first episode. They had a subplot where a resident admits a dog to the hospital. Something like that would never, ever happen -- it's impossible for a dozen different reasons. How can you have a serious medical show with cr@p like that going on? After I saw that, I never watched again (except for the Practice crossover).

I'll second the Sportsnight obit, though. I wasn't worried at first, because all reports had the show moving to HBO. When that didn't happen, I began the greiving process.
Old 04-10-01, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Decker
Let me tell you, as a doctor, I was way turned off from the first episode. They had a subplot where a resident admits a dog to the hospital. Something like that would never, ever happen -- it's impossible for a dozen different reasons. How can you have a serious medical show with cr@p like that going on?
Dog thing happened with ER also. Pretty hokey.