Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Chapters.ca: Kudos to them... Great Canadian e-tailer...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Chapters.ca: Kudos to them... Great Canadian e-tailer...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-01, 11:57 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Awhile ago I ordered Transformers: The Movie from them, and it took almost a month for them to get it to me after the release date.

So I wanted to get the Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Green Gables: The SequalDVDs for my wife for her birthday in April (got 'em shipped for only $43US). I figured, if I order them now, I'll get them by the time I need them. So I ordered them on Monday (3/5)... the site said 2-3 weeks... and I was surprised when I got a shipping notice from them on Wednesday (3/7)... since shipping in 10-14 days, I figured they'd still make good time...

... they came yesterday (3/10)! I was very surprised. I don't know if it was a fluke... but they were fast...

... thanks Chapters!

... by the way, the DVDs have been wrapped already so she can't get a them.
Old 03-11-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Goldberg74
Awhile ago I ordered Transformers: The Movie from them, and it took almost a month for them to get it to me after the release date.

So I wanted to get the Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Green Gables: The SequalDVDs for my wife for her birthday in April (got 'em shipped for only $43US). I figured, if I order them now, I'll get them by the time I need them. So I ordered them on Monday (3/5)... the site said 2-3 weeks... and I was surprised when I got a shipping notice from them on Wednesday (3/7)... since shipping in 10-14 days, I figured they'd still make good time...

... they came yesterday (3/10)! I was very surprised. I don't know if it was a fluke... but they were fast...

... thanks Chapters!

... by the way, the DVDs have been wrapped already so she can't get a them.
One in a million, buddy. It's like a lottery with them, they actually sent me a shipping notice 2 months after I received the DVD, which was 2 months after i ordered the DVD. If you gotta go Canadian, there are much better places. There's no coupons at Chapters left anyway. By the way, I heard Directvideo was having a sale on the Ann of Green Gables DVDs, u might want to check them out. It was a couple of weeks ago, but you can still check.
Old 03-11-01, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The new president of Chapters' Online sent an Email (probably BCC since I only saw me name) and said that since he started, he saw how badly things working and that there should be changes. I sent him a reply giving him the opinion of DVDTalk on how Chapters' wasn't good to its customers. Never heard back so I'm assuming he didn't care.
Old 03-12-01, 01:05 AM

I don't think that he doesn't care, it's just that you basically repeated to him what he already knows and admitted in the email.

He *knows* the current service level leaves much to be desired, but he's only been there 2 weeks and changes take a while to be implemented at these large corporations.

I personally give him 2 months. If things aren't better in 2 months, that's when I'd email him a quote of his message with a "just reminding you of what you emailed 2 months ago".
Old 03-12-01, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Personally, I have had only good experiences with Chapters. INCLUDING getting a preorder ON release date here in Los Angeles.