Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix - Out of Print - Long wait - What the?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix - Out of Print - Long wait - What the?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-01, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Took a peek at my rental queue at Netflix today and a number of titles are now listed as "Out of Print - Long Wait". The titles include
"Titus"
"Pitch Black SE"
"Manhunter" (the new release)

These titles can't be out print so soon, can they?

Thanks,
Rich
Old 03-08-01, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incredible isn't it? Eery movie in my queue that was OUT OF STOCK yesterday is OUT OF PRINT - LONG WAIT today! Some of those films came out 2 days ago. I know there will be, as there always is, some genius who says "So quit" so I'll deal with it now - nobody has, the stock that Netflix, theoretically, has. I've been a member since 1999 and it used to be so great so I will hang on for as long as I can.
Here is an e-mail I sent them this morning:

OUT OF PRINT - LONG WAIT.
The long wait we already knew about but OUT OF PRINT - what is that? All of the films that were OUT OF STOCK in my QUEUE are now OUT OF PRINT. What does that mean? Wonderland was #1 in my queue yesterday and IN STOCK but it was bypassed and something further down my queue was shipped. So what are you saying now - are you saying "take it out of your queue because you'll never get it"? Or are you saying - "It isn't our fault, we'd like to buy more copies but we can't because it is OUT OF PRINT"? Some of the films in my queue that have now been designated OUT OF PRINT came out 2 days ago! I could walk out my door and buy 10 copies in a couple of hours. How about OUT OF STOCK now? Are movies either IN STOCK or OUT OF PRINT - LONG WAIT?
Where is the explaination for this? I have recieved 2 kinds of e-mail from Netflix - the first, and most regular, is the PRICES ARE GOING UP TO SERVE YOU BETTER e-mail. The second is the LONG AND CONFUSING EXPLAINATION OF THE INCREDIBLE COMPLEXITIES OF YOUR SYSTEM, SORRY YOU HAVEN'T RECIEVED YOUR TOP CHOICE e-mail.
Please explain to me why every released dvd in my queue has now been designated OUT OF PRINT - LONG WAIT? Explain what OUT OF PRINT means to your customers. Explain what LONG WAIT means. And finally, explain to me why my monthly charge goes up $5.00 this month while Netflix's service goes down and down.
Old 03-08-01, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

good points.
And you're right, some will say ditch Netflix, but their selection is very deep.
I've only been using them for a couple of months, but this new "Out Of Print" thing on new titles has me worried.

Maybe it's just database glitch...

Rich
Old 03-08-01, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think they are having problems. My account is empty right now.
Old 03-08-01, 11:08 PM

Back to normal!
Old 03-09-01, 07:13 PM

How weird was that?OUT OF PRINT-LONG WAIT lasted about a day then back to OUT OF STOCK - they say it was due to "technical problems" but I don't buy it. I don't buy it but I have no idea what could possibly been their angle in the change. Maybe it reveals something about their internal notes or status on a film. Anybody have any ideas?