Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Question About DeepDiscountDVD Shipping

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question About DeepDiscountDVD Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-01, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does DeepDiscountDVD ship your order as it becomes available or do they wait until they have every item in stock? I was doing some pre-ordering and this thought crossed my mind.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-01, 10:03 PM

It's free shipping isn't it? If it is I'd bet they ship seperately or else you could just start a new order for each item you want.
Old 03-04-01, 10:14 PM

Originally posted by mdev
It's free shipping isn't it? If it is I'd bet they ship seperately or else you could just start a new order for each item you want.
The standard shipping is free, but I usually upgrade to Priority for $3.95 per order. That is a good idea, though - starting a new order for each item (at least each item that is scheduled for a different release date). I just wonder if they would charge the $3.95 for each shippment they made from one order. I emailed them, but I have yet to get a response. Just hoping someone here knew.
Old 03-04-01, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Um....

As a long time cigar trader I've sent many a package to many a person who has sent many a package.

1st Class has the same delivery time as Priority Mail in 98% of the cases. The only real difference is that Priority Mail is loaded into the plane(s) first. If there is a HUGE rush on mailed items (Christmas, etc.) then there might be a slightly longer delay, but otherwise there is none. I also have heard that extremely rural areas can get Priorty Mail a bit faster.

Save yer money, go with 1st Class.
Old 03-04-01, 11:40 PM

Originally posted by CheapBastid
Um....

As a long time cigar trader I've sent many a package to many a person who has sent many a package.

1st Class has the same delivery time as Priority Mail in 98% of the cases. The only real difference is that Priority Mail is loaded into the plane(s) first. If there is a HUGE rush on mailed items (Christmas, etc.) then there might be a slightly longer delay, but otherwise there is none. I also have heard that extremely rural areas can get Priorty Mail a bit faster.

Wow, I did not know this. Thanks, CheapBastid.
Old 03-08-01, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by CheapBastid
Um....

This company does not fall into this catergory with my orders so far. I live in Calif so I expected a little delay, but it is taking approx 2 weeks for me to get my orders from this company. I'm still waiting on a DVD that shipped 2/23! The last DVD I received (yesterday) was shipped on 2/26.
East coast probably has better luck with this e-tailer.
Old 03-09-01, 03:10 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm a postal worker in a processing facility. CheapBastid is 100% CORRECT.
Old 03-09-01, 05:18 AM

Originally posted by Low RG
This company does not fall into this catergory with my orders so far. I live in Calif so I expected a little delay, but it is taking approx 2 weeks for me to get my orders from this company. I'm still waiting on a DVD that shipped 2/23! The last DVD I received (yesterday) was shipped on 2/26.
East coast probably has better luck with this e-tailer. [/B]
I'm in Baltimore and each package that I have received from them has taken five business days to get here once they've charged my card. I know my wife is about ready to kill me with all these packages that I seem to be getting daily...
Old 03-09-01, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by tor_greg
How does this explain CH? If you get priority shipping from them, it takes less time than regular ground; a difference of 2 weeks.
Old 03-09-01, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Merin
Originally posted by tor_greg
How does this explain CH? If you get priority shipping from them, it takes less time than regular ground; a difference of 2 weeks.
CH's "regular" shipping is not 1st class (which is the what was being compared to Priority). CH uses 4th Class, which basically means that if the Post Office has run out of other mail to move along....