Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Gilda

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-01, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you think of the movie and the disc? Does it complement the movie well? What makes this movie so psychologically interesting? I heard some people the other day speaking about how it's really a good "Freudian" sort of movie and was interested to see if anyone here knows much about this.
Old 03-03-01, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Alyoshka
What makes this movie so psychologically interesting? I heard some people the other day speaking about how it's really a good "Freudian" sort of movie and was interested to see if anyone here knows much about this.
um...can't really comment on the psychological aspects of this movie as i haven't given 'em much thought. the whole appeal to this film, for me, is Miss Hayworth. She is utterly entrancing-from her first hair flip intro-to her steamy rendition of Put The Blame On Mame-she's just a joy to watch. Glen Ford, with his boyish puppy dog mug, seems a little ill-cast at times, but George Macready offers good support.
if you like classic movies you should like this.
the transfer was a little disappointing, after hearing all the raves. Not bad really, but very comparable to my old laserdisc not significantly better,maybe even a little grainier (but the LD had a great transfer for that format). haven't checked out the extras yet, but they appear to be slight.
one of my favorite movies, but i don't know your tastes, so i hesitate to reccommend it ( at $25)

Old 03-03-01, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This should help:

http://review.dvdtalk.com/reviews/Re...w.asp?sku=1311

My review from a few months ago.

-enjoy!
Old 03-03-01, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Surf Monkey
This should help:

http://review.dvdtalk.com/reviews/Re...w.asp?sku=1311

My review from a few months ago.

-enjoy!
hey, thanks for the link. I read the review and it was very helpful. That's a good review.