Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else still waiting on Do the Right Thing: CC from express?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Is anyone else still waiting on Do the Right Thing: CC from express?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-01, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I preordered on the 9th, so I should think I should get it this week, right? Well, the CSR said they had it IN stock, but now they don't. I'm like, well how come I don't have one yet? Then she tells me to change the order to ship separately and add on another $3. I ask her when it's going to be back in stock, she says I don't know. Then I ask her if the other DVD in my order is in stock, she says yes. That's good, right..... Then I ask if that other dvd is being held specifically for me, she says no. So then she tells me if DTRT comes back in stock and the other is out of stock, then again you'll have to wait, but while waiting if DTRT goes out of stock, you have to wait again!! What kind of f**ked up operation are these people running? They should really take a lesson from Amazon's CSR. I wouldn't even order from express except I had a gc for them. Has anyone else received Do the Right Thing: CC from express?
Old 02-27-01, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There must be a shortage of this title. I can't seem to even find it at B&M stores!
Old 02-27-01, 12:12 PM

My theory...

I think Run... might be onto something. DTRT was supposed to show up Feb 21st, and some lucky souls got it. Then the date got pushed back to the 27th (today), which makes me think that they didn't press enough copies to make it by the 21st. My copy from B&N just got shipped this morning.

So, I betcha Express and brick'n'mortars should be getting it today as well...

Now I gotta clear my schedule to watch the whole thang...
Old 02-27-01, 04:23 PM

I think you guys are being way too kind to Express...look at their site...have they actually gotten any new release in the last 3-4 weeks? The site is featuring "Wall Street" currently, for crying out loud...they're dead, & just trying to sell off what stock they have..."DTRT" is out, I got it from a B&M, some may have been slow in getting it, but Express has gotten NOTHING...they're bye-bye...
Old 02-27-01, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by hueynewborn
I think you guys are being way too kind to Express...look at their site...have they actually gotten any new release in the last 3-4 weeks? The site is featuring "Wall Street" currently, for crying out loud...they're dead, & just trying to sell off what stock they have..."DTRT" is out, I got it from a B&M, some may have been slow in getting it, but Express has gotten NOTHING...they're bye-bye...

You're probably right, I'm desperately trying to find somethign in stock at Express so I can use my gc before they go belly up. Any suggestions?
Old 02-27-01, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, this is really weird, I've spent the last 10 minutes browsing through the Express website and I can't find one single DVD in stock. What the hell is going on?
Old 02-27-01, 05:21 PM

well, if you click on wall street on the front page, I think they have like 300 copies or something like that...but most "hot stuff" and new releases are not in stock...
Old 02-27-01, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by huzefa
Okay, this is really weird, I've spent the last 10 minutes browsing through the Express website and I can't find one single DVD in stock. What the hell is going on?
Seems they still have some copies of these four titles on the front page of their site

Also, I managed to find out that there are 105 copies of Scary Movie available . But that's about it.
Old 02-27-01, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You're right, but I meant like a lot of the older titles are not in.
Old 02-27-01, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by huzefa
FATALITY