Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How to cancel a half.com order?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How to cancel a half.com order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-01, 06:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you cancel a half.com order? I accidentally put in the wrong credit card. Its very urgent. Thank You.
Old 02-24-01, 07:50 PM
FSA

JMan202: I would think that half.com would find out right away when they went to charge your card, and would not complete the purchase. Did you get a confirmation yet?
Old 02-24-01, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally posted by JMan202
How do you cancel a half.com order? I accidentally put in the wrong credit card. Its very urgent. Thank You.
From what I understand, it's nearly impossible to cancel an order. Rather, I should say that half.com just won't go to the trouble of doing so.

I had some DVD preorders in at half, and a seller listed a LD under the DVD listing. His description even said it was an LD. As soon as I got the email that my preorder had been filled, I IMMEDIATELY emailed half, and they basically couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it.

Incredibly irksome trait that half.com has there, not letting you contact the seller directly.....
Old 02-24-01, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jobronie
[B]
Originally posted by JMan202

Incredibly irksome trait that half.com has there, not letting you contact the seller directly.....
Well, if they did, there wouldn't be any incentive for half.com in it, now would there?
Old 02-24-01, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The main reason I sell things at Half.com more often than Ebay is the fact I don't have to deal with the buyers. They pay Half.com automatically and I never have to be bombarded with stupid emails. Not that every buyer does this, but I have had my share of people who have no idea what they are buying and don't even read the entire page to see that they will have to pay shipping charges or pay by money order. Half.com charges more, but in many cases its worth it.
Old 02-24-01, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is no way to cancel a half.com order.

I once tried both by phone and email and was told it is simply not possible.
Old 02-24-01, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

moving to online store forum
Old 02-25-01, 12:22 AM
Banned

I really hate half.com and will never shop their again. Thanks.
Old 02-25-01, 03:19 AM

Half.Com Not a "STORE"

I think that alot of buyers forget that "HALF.COM" is not a "STORE" and they do not stock any of the product listed at there site.

What "HALF.COM" is a service, which brings together sellers and buyers and acts as the middle man.

I have sold many items at "HALF.COM" and unless you have sold an item you really don't understand how the service works.

So let me put it this way....

Your firend has a DVD that you want and they offer it to you for sale... you say you will buy it.. so your firend goes out and "pre-spends" the funds [to pay utility bill] and then you come along and say that you do not want to purchase the DVD after all... you have just put your friend in money troubles, becasue they were expecting to get paid by you for the DVD......

This is what you do when you try to cancel an order at "HALF.COM".

--David