Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon says it costs $1,000 to trace a UPS package?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon says it costs $1,000 to trace a UPS package?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-01, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After waiting for a package that was taking days between destinations, I called UPS & they told me only Amazon could authorize a trace on the package. I called Amazon & the csr told me it costs $1,000 to trace a package & can take a few months!? So instead of doing that they resent my order at no charge 2nd day UPS. So today I got the original order & part of the reorder. Will they ever check to see if I got the original? I could trade the duplicate PS2 game in at Best Buy & keep the extra multitap & 2 controllers. Then I'd have 2 multitaps & 6 controllers total. Will Amazon ever come looking for this stuff?
Old 02-21-01, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, if it costs more to Amazon to ship back the item to their warehouse, they might just let you keep it. I got a $60 book free because Amazon didn't want to pay UPS again to send it back to them. I traded it in at the bookstore and got some cds and stuff.
Old 02-21-01, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dude, someone was on crack when they told you that lie about it costing $1000 and several months to track a UPS package. You can do it yourself for FREE (as can anyone) by just entering the tracking number at http://www.ups.com

Now, if UPS lost the package, it is true that only the sender can request a trace and credit, but that is an automated procedure that doesn't cost the sender anything and certainly doesn't take a few months.
Old 02-22-01, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, it was a trace, not just tracking. They said it's easier for them to just replace the order & get their money back from UPS? But $1,000? Why would they even make up something like that? So if I don't tell them I got both orders, you don't think they'll ever notice it?
Old 02-22-01, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by El Kabong
Yeah, it was a trace, not just tracking. They said it's easier for them to just replace the order & get their money back from UPS? But $1,000? Why would they even make up something like that? So if I don't tell them I got both orders, you don't think they'll ever notice it?
I don't think they'll notice it and even if they do, they are not going to ask for it back. It's their mistake, and they should deal with it, not you.
Old 02-22-01, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Word to the wise if you've received an item and one you paid for and the other was a replacement. You should gleefully return it to the online retailer. For they took your word and sent you the item a second time. It's only the right thing to do. To each their own tho. Also becareful on what you post in a forum online sites as well as a few juidicious lurking individuals may email an online retailer concerning your posted messages. Due to the fact that you verified items received.
Old 02-22-01, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Return it. My 2 cents is that my integrity is worth more than some video game.
Old 02-22-01, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll probably return it. I've sent back mistakes before. I'm still waiting on the 2nd part of the replacement shipment. It looks like UPS may have lost this one now. It's the 2nd day & it still hasn't made it to the first destination. Speaking of replacements, I noticed my Revenge Of The Nerds double feature was messed up on both sides, so I called Buy to replace it. The idiot sent me 2 RMA #s & made 2 replacement orders, so now they're going to send me 2. I called Buy, but it takes them days to cancel an order so I'll probably get both.
Old 02-22-01, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I called UPS and they said that Amazon would have to request a tracer on a lost package.

Amazon refused, and the CS said "We don't do that," which is inherently silly, all UPS needed was a phone call from them. Duh!

Oh well, UPS lost the package, and I got a replacement 2nd day air.

If I ever did get the lost package, I would return it, they probably have it their system somewhere... $0.02
Old 02-22-01, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'd return it as well, just the fact that Amazon sent you second order when the first one wasn't even confirmed lost is enough to warrant it imo... not many would have done that.
Old 02-22-01, 08:10 PM

Originally posted by El Kabong
The idiot sent me 2 RMA #s & made 2 replacement orders, so now they're going to send me 2. I called Buy, but it takes them days to cancel an order so I'll probably get both.
El Kabong, buy.com did the same with me a couple of months ago (2 rma's) but they only sent one replacement. I guess it's a glitch they still haven't fixed. I just picked one and used it to return.