Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Planet -- do they restock quickly?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Planet -- do they restock quickly?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-01, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts
When I discovered that none of the b&m's around here carried either of the new MST3K discs or (gasp!) Cherry 2000, I decided to give DVD Planet, an e-tailer I'd heard nothing but good things about, a shot. When I placed my order, all titles were in-stock, but now Cherry 2000 is listed on the site as being out of stock...does DVD Planet restock quickly? I've already waited longer than I'd like to see these discs.

Also, is there any way to check the status of an order? I've given 'order history' a shot, but I don't see the usual fields on most e-tailers...y'know, "order pending", "discs on order", "shipped", "sent to warehouse", etc.
Old 02-11-01, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would call their toll free number.....their customer service via the telephone has always been good in the past!! 1-800-624-3078

Old 02-11-01, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will have to call, fax or email to get an order status. If they ship separatley they will charge 2.50 for each shipment If you ordered online your your order will get processed about 5 or 6 days after you ordered it and a few days after that for it to get to you. I guess I'am with you on wondering about the titles that were in-stock when ordered but arent now and when they will be in-stock again. I have only had one other order with them that I thought was kind of strange. This will be my last. Funny how when you order from them its Dvdplanet but if they email you its from Ken Cranes.