Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ken Crane & DVDplanet.Com Are Awesome

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Ken Crane & DVDplanet.Com Are Awesome

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-01, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I placed an order yesterday for over 10 twilight zone discs that they hadn't even posted they had in stock on the website yet. Not to mention the guy told me they were 2 or 3 days behind on their shipping. Not only did they offer the lowest price for these DVDs they offer a flat rate of $2.50 for priority shipping which is UNHEARD of. They also said it would take a while to get the verification on my CC and that my shipment probably wouldnt come in until next week wednsday or thursday. These guys get me the DVDs today!! How crazy is that?! I guess I just never really knew about this site, it is definetly going to be one that I chek on regularly. Dont foget that they have volumes 1,3,5,8,14,15,16,17,18,19,20 for $10.49 so pick them up at this price if you dont have them.
Old 02-09-01, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
It's too bad, tho, that they're dropping their discount from 30% to 25% off MSRP.

Still, ya gotta love that 2.50 flat rate shipping that they're keeping....
Old 02-09-01, 02:59 PM
Registered

Good to hear your positive experience....

Moving to Online Store Forum
Old 02-09-01, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jobronie
It's too bad, tho, that they're dropping their discount from 30% to 25% off MSRP.

Still, ya gotta love that 2.50 flat rate shipping that they're keeping....
Agreed....I was shocked....did not believe they would ever raise prices!!! Times are looking very bad....
Old 02-09-01, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

THEY ARE NOT KEEPING THE $2.50 FLAT SHIPPING RATE!

Old 02-09-01, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Originally posted by Maliboo
THEY ARE NOT KEEPING THE $2.50 FLAT SHIPPING RATE!

Arrggh! I guess I skimmed over that part.

What's the shipping going up to?
Old 02-09-01, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JUGhead,

I aint got crap yet from them. I did fax them about my orders and was emailed that these have shipped 8, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20. I ordered 6 through 20. 6 and 7 were listed as Out-of-Stock at the time while the rest were listed as Low Stock. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut about them. I only had one other order with them which went okay but kept you guessing on when it would arrive.

I doubt I will buying from them in the future, I think their on-line store is more of an afterthought, it seems. Hopefully it is just a price drop in the future and I can get the rest elsewhere if they dont deliver soon.
Old 02-10-01, 12:16 AM
Cool New Member

I'm reserving judgment on them till I actually get my order.

I ordered Twilight Zone #14,15,16,17,18,20 from them on Oct. 3, and received a confirmation the next morning. I called them on the 9th to check on the status, and was told my order had not been processed because it had become lost in the computer. (?)

The CSR told me he was processing my order then and assured me it would go out that day. We'll see...
Old 02-10-01, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

October 3rd? whoa..
Old 02-10-01, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Some good news about the Twilight Zones 1-20. I guess it was a price drop as when you do Dvdpricesearch thing they come up at 10.45 at Dvdempire.com but when you click on a title and go to there web site it says they 11.99. I only checked a few but it seemed most were in-stock but some where not. Didnt check them all yet.
Old 02-10-01, 06:14 PM
Cool New Member

October, February -- the time just flies by *g* My mistake, it *was* Feb. 3 when I placed my order.

And some good news to report -- the discs arrived today, with an invoice dated the 8th.
Old 02-11-01, 01:54 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

I'm one of the legions of people who aren't happy with DvdPlanet/Ken Cranes. I ordered a good sized order and asked them to ship it all together to minimize shipping costs. They replied after they started sending me dvd's-individually of course-that they couldn't do that.

A number of "in stock" items were not, after all was said and done, "in stock" too. Guess what that does to the cost of the order...

I can only imagine how many shipments they try and spread the Votom's volumes (13 in all) I have preordered with them. Until they work on some method of reducing shipping costs-a guaranteed, FIXED, cost of some sort-I won't order with them again. From what I've seen in several newsgroups-I'm not alone either.
Old 02-13-01, 07:55 PM

For anyone in Los Angeles...check out the Ken Crane's store in Orange County. Make sure you're going to the Laserdisc store, not the Big Screen one! There is only one of them. They have the same prices as their website in the store.
Old 02-14-01, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

how can you tell if an item is in stock? i didn't see any notation anywhere... or if it's out of stock, does it say something different somewhere? i poked around for a few minutes but didn't see anything listed as out of stock.
Old 02-14-01, 12:07 PM
Hoc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

DAMMIT! And they are right near my house, so I just go and get what I want whenever I want it!
Old 02-14-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hoc
DAMMIT! And they are right near my house, so I just go and get what I want whenever I want it!
You have to actually click on the title.
Old 02-14-01, 03:59 PM

Strange things happening...
I've given 2 orders. One at feb 3 other Feb 8. I got feb 8 order yesterday. But Feb 3 order didn't appear yet. I sent mail 3 days ago but no answer yet. Another strange thing one of the dvds in Feb 8 order is same as other order. I mean it can not be out of stock!!!!!

[Edited by paranoid0 on 02-14-01 at 01:05 PM]
Old 02-15-01, 01:11 AM
Hoc

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JUGhead
So, like, I have to put the DVD in its case on the floor, stand on it, and start making clicking noises? Damn! And I always just walked up to the cash register and handed them my Mastercard!

Don't tell the guys at the store that I wasn't making clicking noises, OK?
Old 02-15-01, 01:29 AM

Here's some interesting info on their order system: I placed an order for 12 Twilight Zone discs on 2/3. As of yesterday (2/13), I still hadn't received anything even though I saw from the board that other people who placed orders after I did had already received their's. I called them yesterday afternoon & after some checking by the CSR, was told that my order was "in" the system but for some strange reason hadn't been processed!!! He said they would expedite the order & upgrade shipping free of charge. So for those of you still waiting on orders, I would definitely suggest calling them to see what happened to your orders. Good Luck!!!
Old 02-15-01, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hoc
Originally posted by JUGhead
So, like, I have to put the DVD in its case on the floor, stand on it, and start making clicking noises? Damn! And I always just walked up to the cash register and handed them my Mastercard!

Don't tell the guys at the store that I wasn't making clicking noises, OK?
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! Sorry Hoc I meant that reply to someone else, as for clicking in the store it doesnt work
Old 02-16-01, 02:33 AM
tcw
Cool New Member

Awesome ? Hardly, as my experience with my first order was most frustrating.

I ordered 4 DVDs online 7 days ago, all of them with "in stock" status. Having confirmed the order, I waited patiently for an email confirmation.

No confirmation after 2 days, so I sent them an email requesting some status. No reply.

Two days later, I sent them a repeat email requesting a reply. Again no reply.

When I tried to check my order status on their website, there was some feeble excuse saying that "International customers" cannot check their status. Heck, all I wish to know is whether the order is pending, shipped or what, not to find out its exact location !

After such treatment for a first-time customer, DVDPlanet will never get any more orders from me.

If any CSR from DVDPlanet is reading this, please reply to my email, surely that's not too much to ask for !!!
Old 02-16-01, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

dammit, the site is down right now...
Old 02-16-01, 03:03 AM
Hoc

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JUGhead
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! Sorry Hoc I meant that reply to someone else, as for clicking in the store it doesnt work
Awww, and I was looking forward to their reaction when I actually went into the store and started clicking. . . .
Old 02-16-01, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

CharlesW,

Site has been down for 2 days now, dont know what to think?
I hope you get atleast a part of your order from them like I did and I cancelled the rest that were on backorder (I hope) no confirmation, I called and got a lady saying she would cancel the rest of the order. I got 5 of the titles from Dvdempire today that Dvdplanet didnt have when they got to my order.

Old 02-17-01, 12:27 AM

ernestp:

I hope so too! This is definitely the last time I order from DVDPlanet/KenCranes.com. I still haven't seen anything since I last posted, talk about "rushing" the order!! The only saving grace for me is that I'm not in a huge rush to get them. If it never comes, I'll just re-order from DVDempire & DVDPlanet can keep whatever stock they may or may not have.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.