Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

deepdiscountdvd.com - past experiences?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-01, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all - was wondering how deepdiscountdvd.com was for an online store - I saw a few very tempting prices, but would like to know if they're good to do business with. Thanks in advance for replies.
Old 02-08-01, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are too new to determine this.
Old 02-09-01, 07:18 PM
Cool New Member

They stink, there!

Don't waste your time. Good luck if you get an order okayed by them. They cancelled my order for no good reason. Their prices aren't great either. Stick with the "more reputable" online stores. I'm through with DeepDiscountless DVD.com!!!
Old 02-18-01, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

AVOID!

I've counted at least SIX different members at DVDTalk who've been OVERCHARGED on their credit card by this company. Not worth the risk if you ask me.
Old 02-18-01, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ordered two twilight zones......received them in about one week....they did not overcharge me as I check my account online daily!!! My biggest problem with them is that I never received an order confirmation as they said I would.....I did receive a shipping confirmation!!!
Old 02-19-01, 01:04 AM

I received my DVDs (Alien Legacy and SNL: 25 Years) in a relatively short amount of time. I liked the prices (and the shipping charges ), but I never received an order or shipping confirmation email. Also, I didn't like the way they packaged the DVDs for shippment - no padding at all.

Keep in mind I have only ordered from them once. I prefer Express.com and DVD Planet - but to each their own. If I see some good prices there, I will probably order from them again.
Old 02-19-01, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

x-files 3rd season for 72 $ made me of course look at their site .. and guess what my first thought was when i saw the layout: DVDwave.com is back ???

same layout , same color scheme ... instead of "wave" it is now "deep" and has a shark (another water type setting) .. it has no picture of the cover, a great price and NO shipping ..

i would say "stay away" !!! ..

especially with a preorder title like that ..
this only helps them generate possible order volume to show to the investors ..and once it is time to actually ship, they just cancel the orders or stuff (first taking a bit money out of a bazillion credit card amounts to play the market with for a month before they return it

my theory

P
Old 02-20-01, 10:34 AM

Thunderbirds 1 & 2 @ $21 ea. - hard to resist

I haven't preordered yet - I came here first and read the horror stories. Why then, after reading about the worst possible sin - overcharging, do I still have an itchy pecking finger? I know I've got a dvd problem, and that the early word on dddvd is dreadful but their price for both sets is about $20 cheaper. What to do?
Old 02-20-01, 03:18 PM
Cool New Member

I had an interesting first experience with them - I was one of the people who ordered the AbFab set at the "oops" price. I called when I got my order confirmation e-mail stating it was "discontinued", and got a CCR who couldn't have cared less whether or not I was satisfied, so I cancelled the order.

A few days later (after the threads in the Bargain Forum had some howls like mine), I received an e-mail offering to honor the price. I replied to the email, asking them to reinstate the entire order (not just AbFab), and received an e-mail reply with the new order number withing 5 minutes of my original reply. The new order is identical to my old, including the 10% off. I have received 2 disks, and they have charged my CC for the correct amount. I might order from them again, but I won't switch the majority of my business to them (currently have 300+ DVDs, most bought online)

Just my $.02

Toni
Old 02-20-01, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
it is too early to tell. a positive they post deals here for us i am willing to overlook a little for a deal- massmusic comes to mind . agreat deal and much overcharging that ultimately got taken care of. for the price i took a chance. if they perform well and improve i will consider them in the future. if not like massmusic it will be my first and last order!
Old 02-20-01, 09:01 PM

I've received 19 of 22 DVDs placed with them, all charged at the correct price. Got in on the X-Files and AbFab as well. All orders I have received have been packaged fine. Perhaps the key is ordering more DVDs
Old 02-20-01, 09:57 PM

I have only ordered from them twice, but I feel the need to put in a good word.

I got both THUNDERBIRDS sets the week of the 12th in good condition and at a great price. I was a little worried, because for some reason, I had received two e-mail confirmations on the same order. By calling their 800 number, I was informed that they only had a record of one of the orders. Sure enough, my card was charged the correct amount. My guess is that it was just a glitch in their system.

Last week, I ordered the animated CLERKS set, only to see it advertised for $19.99 at Best Buy. I called today to see if it had shipped out yet and since it hadn't, I asked if it would be possible to cancel the order. The guy I talked to said that would be fine. I wasn't expecting an e-mail confirmation of the cancelation, but they did send one.

I've read about the trouble people have had in getting a hold of their customer service people, and frankly, I'm puzzled. The times that I've called, I've never waited more than two minutes tops on hold and the people that I've talked to have been very courteous and responsive.

True some of their prices are no better than some other retailers, but I think that their service has been good and I will definitely be ordering from them in the future.
Old 02-22-01, 03:52 PM

I recently placed a large order, and I was a little worried when I got the confirmation email back that listed the DVDs, but no prices. But, I received a shipping confirmation today and it included the prices (including the discount), so I'm happy. As long as my order gets here in a reasonable amount of time, I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.
Old 02-22-01, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
I just ordered A Bronx Tale from them just to test them out
Old 02-23-01, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They should call it "ShallowDiscountDVD". The so-called "deep discounts" are not so deep.
Old 02-23-01, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered three DVDs from them last week, and they arrived promptly. The web site order form wasn't working when I tried to order, so I placed a phone order; I didn't get a confirmation, but there was a receipt included with the DVDs, and the prices were all correct. I had also ordered a fourth DVD which was out of stock, and after a couple days decided to cancel the order, and all it took was a quick phone call. So, seems OK at least for their regular stock.
Old 02-23-01, 12:21 PM

Shipping problems w/DDD

***UPDATE***

I just called up DDD this morning to find out why my order is taking more than 5-10 days to deliver. Well, it appears that since the FREE S/H was through parcel, the order was probably just placed on my doorstep at my designated shipping address without the need for a signature, which means anyone in the neighborhood could have simply picked it up. Call me stupid, but I guess I should have had them shipped to work.

Anyways...the CSR for DDD was very responsive, and they plan to reship my order, this time through UPS and will forward me a tracking# at that time.

So far (and I'm referring to their customer service dept. so far), this company has been very prompt and responsive to my needs. Unless something goes wrong with this new reshipment of my order, then I will definitely buy from them again.
Old 02-23-01, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 388 Likes on 278 Posts
:thumbsup:

I received my order in about a week and a half, it was at least $10 cheaper than elsewhere before shipping. Include free shipping and I can stand to wait a little bit. Charged correctly and my order was complete. May use the DDD code and place a second order soon.
Old 02-24-01, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered two DVDs with DDD early in the morning of February 22. I received them in the mail today. Order confirmation email and shipping confirmation emails came automatically and very quickly.

Just for comparison, I ordered DVDs from DVD Planet and from 800.com on the same day. I got good communication from 800.com, but I haven't gotten the DVD yet (I expect they'll come early next week. The difference in delivery time is just a USPS mail thing). The only complain about DVD Planet was that it was two days before I even got an order confirmation, and I have yet to get a shipping confirmation.
Old 02-26-01, 05:08 PM
Cool New Member

Well i just placed an order for 3 discs, checked out, everything was ok. When i had confirmed the order Independance day had gone up by over $10. This is the first problem i have had with online retailers after using probably 30 different ones for lots of orders. If they charge my card wrong they had better watch out cos i got a printout of the previous page with the correct price.
Old 02-26-01, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by cineman
They should call it "ShallowDiscountDVD". The so-called "deep discounts" are not so deep.
Really? I've ordered over 50 DVDs from them so far, at prices well below what any other retailer or etailer could deliver at. Add in the fact that I don't pay sales tax, and I believe that their name lives up to itself.

The fact that they also offer a low price guarantee also makes them aces in my book.

Anything to back up your claim?
Old 02-26-01, 06:44 PM

So, is there some magic spell that you guys are using to get to this site, or are you all extraordinarily patient? I've tried to get to this site 3 or 4 times and the load times at this website are crazily long. The last time I tried (maybe last Friday), I got as far as the top banner with the fish, and it took me 4 or 5 games of solitaire to get there. I always just give up -- waiting for pages to load is the pits.
Old 02-26-01, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bad packaging

REcieved my URBAN LEGENDS 2-pack today. It came in a form-fitting box with no padding. I swear to God, when I shake the damn thing it sounds like one of the discs is broken in half! There's a whole lotta rattlin goin on in there. What a pain in the ass this is going to be returning it. I will never buy anything 'important' from them.
Old 02-26-01, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BigDan
Just for comparison, I ordered DVDs from DVD Planet and from 800.com on the same day. I got good communication from 800.com, but I haven't gotten the DVD yet (I expect they'll come early next week. The difference in delivery time is just a USPS mail thing). The only complain about DVD Planet was that it was two days before I even got an order confirmation, and I have yet to get a shipping confirmation.
Just to update this, I received my order from 800.com today, so it was essentially just as fast as my DDD.com experience.
Old 03-01-01, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Finally got my first order, so I'll throw in my comments.

Received my e-mail confirmation fairly quickly, the next business day. My order shipped on 2/20, and arrived on 3/1. Slow mail service, but for the price, it can't be beat! I hadn't placed any additional orders until my first one came through, but they did great and I would certainly use them again as long as their pricing remains competitive.

Got Independance Day & Ever After for about $27 total.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.