Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

TWEC.COM RULES!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-01, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 357 Posts
Since ordering 3 DVD's from etoys on 1-16 (and yet to get), I have ordered TWICE from TWEC.COM. Today my second order arrived (ordered on 1/30). Got Dinasaur CE and Abyss SE both shipped for $40.00. TWEC upgraded me to 2nd day air both times even though I paid standard.

I realize without the 25% off coupon, they are not the cheapest, but if anywhere within a couple of bucks, will be sending my money to them.

And while I hate to have to say (but I know some are thinking); NO I DON'T WORK FOR THEM. :rooleyes:
Old 02-03-01, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ooops. Didn't see the thread below on TWEC.COM. If the moderator wants to move this there fine with me....BTW, used the 25% coupon on both my orders, no problem.
Old 02-03-01, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with you so far. They have been, consistently, the fastest shippers on DVD's ordered (I've ordered from BN, Amazon, BestBuy, Buy.com, DVDBoxoffice, DVDPlanet, 800.com). You have to be careful about using their coupons - I got a warning from them about using the 25% off coupon more than once (but they didn't cancel my order. My only concern now is that they have charged my cc correctly since several of my orders have shipped separately, and I have a few on backorder.

------------------
Steve Doyon
Charlotte, NC
Steve's DVD Collection
Old 02-03-01, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No offense to twec.com, but I like express.com the best, with their occasional 20 off 50 coupons. But the part I like most is their shipping plus their packaging is very nice. The order always goes out same day.
Old 02-03-01, 08:37 PM

I agree Twecs CC billing is a bit unusual. They refunded me the coupon difference first. Then charged the full prices as the orders shipped.

S&H was n/a since they had a free S&H order a few months ago.
Old 02-03-01, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

huzefa,

Humm, well can never have to many GOOD sites. Will have to give express.com a try...
Old 02-03-01, 08:57 PM

Finality,
If they refunded the coupon first, that's a great deal!! So if an item never ships or is cancelled, and the coupon is a "threshold" coupon ($x off $y purchase), they still give you the discount? Seems like they open themselves up for some abuse here.

But I hope you are correct, because I have a couple of Criterions on back order, and I may never get these - but I still want the discount on the others.

------------------
Steve Doyon
Charlotte, NC
Steve's DVD Collection