Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com's "Great" customer service

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com's "Great" customer service

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-01, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I place an order on the canadian Buy.com this week, goes great, good price and all, even Email them a question and they answer within a day. Now, 6 days later, i'm wondering why my order hasn't shipped so I go on www.buy.com and i'm like "Wtf... Canada ain't there no more!" So I go through my history and find the site, go check and get :
We have decided to discontinue the operation of the Canadian site effective February 1, 2001.
Beginning on this date, buy.com will no longer accept orders placed through its Canadian Web site. All backorders that have not shipped will be cancelled effective Feb. 02, 2001. Customer Support will continue to be available for customers via e-mail at
[email protected]

So like, what the hell kind of service is that. I'm sitting here like an idiot waiting for my order and they don't even give us any kind of notification about their demise or even cancel the order! At least they didn't charge my visa for the order...

Wait, that's not the reason i'm pissed, the reason i'm pissed is that I could have gotten FutureShop to price match the bloody order, but now I do have a stub, but how the hell can I get them to match is if the store doesn'T exist, they can't check it or anything!

[This message has been edited by Feneant (edited February 02, 2001).]