Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Sam Goody B&M Gift Certificates

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Sam Goody B&M Gift Certificates

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-01, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive finally accumulated enough points for a sam goody 15 dollar gift certificate with my amex blue card... but it looks like its for B&M purchases as it is a paper certificate. Anyway to use this online? Thanks.
Old 02-02-01, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Exchange the paper gc for a plastic card, it's listed on samgoody.com that you can exchange old paper samgoody.com gc's for plastic ones that you can use online, and take advantage of samgoody.com's better prices.

Go to your b and m samgoody.com, and buy a plastic gift card with your paper gc. I've done it many times, so don't allow them to say no to you. Print the samgoody.com help about this if you need to.

Don't forget the $3 off 12 coupons floating around dvdtalk.com!

------------------
"One must kill the spider in order to save the butterfly."

Millions Knives - Trigun

[This message has been edited by HoMeBrO (edited February 01, 2001).]
Old 02-02-01, 02:12 AM

Thanks, i knew u could do that but i was curious because i remember someone posting saying they got rejected by a manager to do this... i guess ill have to be a bit more aggressive if they try to deny me
Old 02-02-01, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by trae:
Thanks, i knew u could do that but i was curious because i remember someone posting saying they got rejected by a manager to do this... i guess ill have to be a bit more aggressive if they try to deny me
<HR>

---------------------------------------------
http://www.samgoody.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/SamG oody/HtmlWrapper.mac/report?htmlpage=stuff/FAQ/shopping.html

Have an older paper gift certificate from a SamGoody retail store? Of course, you can always redeem the certificate at the store. Or, if you prefer, you can exchange the certificate for one of our new Electronic Gift Cards. Simply visit the store nearest you for an exchange or contact Customer Service to exchange it through the mail. Mail exchanges take 4 - 6 weeks.

------------------
"One must kill the spider in order to save the butterfly."

Millions Knives - Trigun

[This message has been edited by HoMeBrO (edited February 02, 2001).]
Old 02-02-01, 07:17 AM

The statement on the site must not be referring to the "Replay Reward Certificate," because on those there is this notification:

"...May not be used for special orders, layaways, reservations, or toward purchase of gift certficates..."

Funny thing, after I joined up with Replay, I received in the mail a $100 gift card to use at Suncoast.com. Sadly, it was before I got a dvd player, so I used it for some videos and a cd.