Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help on 575x remote.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-01, 10:24 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to try and program this remote to turn everything on (575x, cable box, tv) by one button. And turn it off w/one button. Can this be done? I know you all might tell me to look it up in the manual but I can't seem to figure it out. I htink the reason is beacuse to turn just the 575x on/off you have to use two diff buttons. ie on=on, off=standby. CAn this be done? help.
de
Old 01-15-01, 10:47 PM

I'm not familiar with that remote but if it has macros you can just follow the instructions and create a macro that powers everything on. I have a Cinema 7 remote and use a macro to turn all components on or off with 1 button press.
Old 01-16-01, 05:33 PM
jm2
Cool New Member

I had the same issue and set up two macros to do it. The key is that the mode selection buttons are not programmable, e.g. they do the same thing regardless of what mode your in.

You can set up two macros per mode Macro and Direct buttons (not sure if those are the exact names...they're the buttons just above the Mode buttons).

Here's my "on" Macro for my Cable Mode:

TV - On - Audio - On - Video 2 - Cable - On

The only difference between this and my off Macro is I swap Standby for On for the receiver.

I ended up with this sequence because the macro ends with the remote in cable mode, ready to control the cable box.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jer
Old 01-16-01, 05:46 PM
Cool New Member

quote:<HR>Originally posted by jm2:
Let me know if you have any questions.

-Jer
<HR>

Oh Jim, I have about 1000 more questions for you.
SO to turn your stuff ON you press ON (while in the cable mode)? BTW What is video 2?
SO what do you do to turn everything off? What button, mode, etc.?

I'm going to look at the remote/manual tonight.

Old 01-16-01, 08:54 PM
jm2
Cool New Member

Ok, I'm at home now so I can see the remote...

I programmed the "Direct" button with a macro to turn everything on and the "Mode" button with a macro to turn it all off. These two buttons can be programmed with different macros for each of the eight Mode buttons. (AUDIO, CD, DVD, MD, SAT, CABLE, VCR and TV)

When I referred to "Video 2" I actually meant the "V2" button. That switches my receiver to the Video 2 inputs since that's where my cable box is connected.

Directions for programming Macros are on page 36 and 37 of the manual. The only difference between the two pages is which button you're programming (Direct or Mode).

Hope this is a little clearer.