Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Klipsch Speakers- Any feedback?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Klipsch Speakers- Any feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-01, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in the market for some new front L & R channel speakers and my friend has some awesome sounding Klipsch bookshelf speakers. Anybody have any feedback on larger home theatre/floorstanding speakers? Good or bad?

------------------
"He's a nutbag. And just because the F**cker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda."
Old 01-13-01, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a pair of Legend KLF20's. These thin are monsters, about 4 feet tall. They are incredible with 2 10" woofers.

I also liked the RF3's, a little smaller but great sound as well.

You can probably get a good deal on the Legends, because they are discontinued and many dealers are selling them around cost.

Check out www.klipsch.com. Good luck.
Old 01-14-01, 03:11 PM

I have the Klipch Reference line and they are absolutely amazing. I've owned A LOT of speakers and none come close to the sound I get from the Klipsch. The detail and imaging on movies are superb.
Old 01-14-01, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Much obliged on the feedback,
I shall continue my research and keep this info in mind.

------------------
"He's a nutbag. And just because the F**cker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda."
Old 01-14-01, 10:59 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by woofman:
I shall continue my research and keep this info in mind.

<HR>

The reason a lot of people like Klipsch speakers is that they are very bright and project a real feeling of "presence." For music listening, I wouldn't recommend Klipsch because they tend to color the music.

But for home theater, they're superb, as long as you don't get the entry-level models. They suck, no matter what you use them for. Also, Klipsch is one of the most aggressive companies in the use of spiffs. So your salesperson is incented to sell you some. Use that to your advantage, since he wants to sell them as badly as you want to buy them.

Work a deal based on that knowledge.

Old 01-14-01, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I also have owned a set of kliosch speakers for almost 5 years now. they still sound great. Listen to the speakers you are considering and be sure to bring the music or dvd's you know well. listen to them at volumes you control(do not let the salesman make the adjustments) and pick the speakers you like the best. If you are able to get an inhome test that would be the best since you can test the speakers with you receiver and in your actual room to test how they impact the sounds.
Good Luck!
Old 01-14-01, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have Klipsch speakers on a secondary system (4.2's front, 3.2's rear, kv-3 center).

I have always thought them to be a good bang for the buck. Only complaint is the highs tend to get a litte harsh when you turn up the volume (not an issue for theater, but can be a concern for music).

[This message has been edited by 4KRG (edited January 14, 2001).]