Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Battlefield 1 or CoD: Infinite Warfare?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Battlefield 1 or CoD: Infinite Warfare?
Battlefield 1
25.00%
CoD: Infinite Warfare
50.00%
other, please specify...
25.00%
What are you high?
0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-18, 02:19 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts

since this worked out pretty peachy last time. need another recommendation between these 2. i think i feel like a war game and wondering which to go with...
Old 06-24-18, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Re: Battlefield 1 or CoD: Infinite Warfare?

Battlefield 1 doesn't have a traditional campaign. It's a handful of fairly short vignettes, each running somewhere around an hour long, taking place on a different front, starring a different set of characters, and generally showcasing different gameplay mechanics (tank, trench, on foot, plane, etc.). I still had fun (and haven't touched multiplayer), but it's fair to say that your average player could easily knock it out in a weekend.

Infinite Warfare is more traditional. It breaks away a bit from the Call of Duty formula that I'm used to, as there are side missions and a hub. Going way against the grain, I thought it was surprisingly challenging on the default difficulty, at least early on. Its campaign gets compared to Titanfall 2 quite a bit, and while I wouldn't put it nearly on that level, I definitely enjoyed it overall. The variety of weapons and the inventiveness of some of the gunplay are great. Game of Thrones' Kit Harington as a barely-there baddie, not so much. It's a weekend game as well.
Old 06-24-18, 02:40 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 909 Likes on 769 Posts

Very detailed. Thanks Adam. The variety and extra stuff in Warfare sounds very appealing, though I did want to go old school at be point. Do you have to do complete hour long mission in B1 or can you save midway or something and comeback?
Old 06-24-18, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Do you have to do complete hour long mission in B1 or can you save midway or something and comeback?
You can choose between these different fronts and play in any order you want. Each vignette is divided into several chunks, so if you want to do one aerial mission, transition to tank warfare, and then take to the skies again, you can.
Old 06-24-18, 03:11 PM

Received 513 Likes on 369 Posts

Battlefield has always been about the multiplayer. The campaign is just a fancy tutorial which teaches you how to use everything. But the MP is great. I still play a few rounds every day. It's easy to find a game, even at 3-4 AM.
Old 06-27-18, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Infinite Warfare by a mile - the insane amount of weapons and loadouts alone are outstanding. It's the fastest game play to date of these types of games as well. The campaign is outstanding too, a lot of people say it's the best in the series - for me it's even with Modern Warfare.