Supergirl (S3E19) -- "The Fanatical" -- 5/21/18

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-18, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Supergirl (S3E19) -- "The Fanatical" -- 5/21/18

MONDAY, MAY 21

SUPERGIRL

"The Fanatical" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

JAMES CONSIDERS UNMASKING AS GUARDIAN - When Tanya (guest star Nesta Cooper), a disciple of Coville's, escapes from what's left of his cult, she gives Kara (Melissa Benoist) and James (Mehcad Brooks) a journal that could hold the key to saving Sam (Odette Annable). Someone learns Guardian's identity and threatens to expose James if he doesn't do what they ask. James contemplates what it means to be a black vigilante without a mask in America. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Paula Yoo & Eric Carrasco (#319). Original airdate 5/21/2018.

Episode 19 of 23

In case you missed it, Supergirl moves to Sunday nights next season.
Old 05-21-18, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Supergirl (S3E19) -- "The Fanatical" -- 5/21/18

I suppose we're to believe that all of the bad guys who saw James' mask fall off agreed to keep his identity a secret?

During their heart to heart conversation, I kept waiting for Lena to notice not only how much Supergirl looks like her friend Kara but how much she sounds like her, acts like her, and has the same mannerisms and expressions. (At least when Christopher Reeve played Clark Kent, he didn't just wear glasses to disguise himself; he also changed his hair, mannerisms, posture and speech patterns.) It really makes Lena look stupid that she hasn't figured it out. Or has she? Maybe the real reason she's pissed at Supergirl is because Kara hasn't been honest with her or trusted her with the truth.
Old 05-22-18, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Meh Episode. I don't like the actress playing Worldfucker. I did like MM's Dad helping the little girl deal with trauma.
Old 05-22-18, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

I won't even get into the James Olson story line but...

Since when did Lena know that Mon-El was back? She stared right into his face with Supergirl standing next to him and didn't put it together that she's Kara? She knows there's a Legion too?

I could have sworn Supergirl was going to heat-vision that girl's hand off.
Old 05-23-18, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hope the reason Lena is pissed is because she knows Kara = Supergirl and that Kara hasn't told her yet. Especially since the issue of divulging secret identities had come up with James/Guardian.
Old 05-23-18, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F
I won't even get into the James Olson story line but...

Since when did Lena know that Mon-El was back? She stared right into his face with Supergirl standing next to him and didn't put it together that she's Kara? She knows there's a Legion too?

I could have sworn Supergirl was going to heat-vision that girl's hand off.
I don't understand why Mon-El doesn't have an alias or regularly use a disguise when he's not playing superhero. Lena knew Kara dated and then broke up with Mon-El, so it's stupid that she doesn't put 2 and 2 together. Ok, now he has facial hair, but how many Earthlings are named Mon-El??
Old 05-23-18, 08:56 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Ok, now he has facial hair, but how many Earthlings are named Mon-El??
I have a cousin named Mon-A, does that count?

Since when does Mon-El have super-speed? Previously all he really did was show that he's really strong and can jump really high (needs Legion ring to fly). Now all of a sudden he's doing all sorts of shit he never did before.

Talk about lack of continuity- this show is probably the worst of all the CW superhero shows- probably because the writers know nothing about the comics. But still, the show doesn't have to be so sloppily written- it's almost as if they take us for morons or something...

Last edited by Eric F; 05-23-18 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-23-18, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F
On top of that since when does Mon-El have super-speed? Previously all he really did was show that he's really strong and can jump really high (needs Legion ring to fly). Now all of a sudden he's doing all sorts of shit he never did before.

Talk about lack of continuity- this show is probably the worst of all the CW superhero shows- probably because the writers know nothing about the comics.
So that's why he can fly now! It's the ring. Guess I missed that part. Yeah, the extent of his powers has never been outlined well on this show.