Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: Moss, Strahovski, Fiennes

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-18, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: Moss, Strahovski, Fiennes

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dKoIPuifJvE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Award-winning and hit drama series, The Handmaid's Tale, will return for season two on April 25th with two new episodes, and subsequent episodes released every Wednesday only on Hulu. The 13-episode second season will be shaped by Offred's pregnancy and her ongoing fight to free her future child from the dystopian horrors of Gilead. "Gilead is within you" is a favorite saying of Aunt Lydia. In Season Two, Offred and all characters will fight against - or succumb to - this dark truth. The Handmaid's Tale comes to Hulu from MGM Television and is created, executive produced and written by Bruce Miller. Executive produced by Warren Littlefield, Elisabeth Moss, Daniel Wilson, Fran Sears, and Ilene Chaiken. MGM serves as the international distributor for the series. The series stars Emmy(R) and Golden Globe Award-winning actress Elisabeth Moss, Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski, Samira Wiley, Alexis Bledel, Ann Dowd, Max Minghella, Madeline Brewer, O-T Fagbenle and Amanda Brugel.

13 episodes this season, with new episodes posted Wednesdays.

Last edited by dex14; 04-24-18 at 06:42 AM. Reason: edited post for accuracy, added poster/trailer/description
Old 04-24-18, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
re: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: Moss, Strahovski, Fiennes

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
This should be posted any minute, according to Hulu.

13 episodes this season, with new episodes posted Tuesdays.

Will be available at 9pm PT/12am ET today. Not any minute You kinda jumped the gun.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-24-18 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-24-18, 03:21 PM

re: The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) -- Season 2 Thread -- S: Moss, Strahovski, Fiennes

Indeed I did. I remember last season would release at midnight EST, so 11pm my time. Thinking the release was Tuesdays, I was expecting it last night at 11pm, and thought it was just a bit late.
Old 04-25-18, 12:14 PM

Received 188 Likes on 105 Posts

First episode was a good start. Opened with bleakness and despair and closed with some hope.
Old 04-25-18, 08:40 PM

So far so good. I was worried that they would drag out her being stuck in the Commander’s house for another season.
Old 04-25-18, 11:16 PM

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

I didn't get Hulu until Season 1 was over (posted).

Also didn't realize they don't post the whole season all at once (I'm guessing that is a smart business move).

So they put the first 2 episodes online. Will it now be just 1 episode per week for nearly 3 months? That sucks.

But if they didn't do it that way, people would get a 1-month membership. Watch all of it and then cancel, because Hulu sucks overall.
Old 04-25-18, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point, all of these streaming services went with annual memberships like Amazon Prime.

Otherwise people could just sub to one a month. Subscribe to Hulu for one month when Handmaid's Tale is over. Then subscribe to Netflix for a month when Stranger Things comes on, and binge that and everything else you're interested in. Subscribe to CBS All Access for a month after Star Trek Discovery ends. Repeat.
Old 04-25-18, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 248 Likes on 185 Posts

That's exactly what I'm doing now. I rotate Netflix, HBOGo, Amazon Prime, WWE Network, and a few other subscriptions. Only one I currently keep constantly is Hulu because of a few kids shows my daughter is addicted to.
Old 04-26-18, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I wouldn't be surprised if, at some point, all of these streaming services went with annual memberships like Amazon Prime.

Otherwise people could just sub to one a month. Subscribe to Hulu for one month when Handmaid's Tale is over. Then subscribe to Netflix for a month when Stranger Things comes on, and binge that and everything else you're interested in. Subscribe to CBS All Access for a month after Star Trek Discovery ends. Repeat.
Amazon Prime has a monthly tier too.
Old 04-26-18, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
Also didn't realize they don't post the whole season all at once (I'm guessing that is a smart business move).

So they put the first 2 episodes online. Will it now be just 1 episode per week for nearly 3 months? That sucks.

But if they didn't do it that way, people would get a 1-month membership. Watch all of it and then cancel, because Hulu sucks overall.
I suspect what you mentioned is part of the reason why Hulu does it this way, but advertising (for the folks who purchase the lower-price plan) is likely a bigger reason. Basically, it allows Hulu to schedule higher-priced advertising week to week.
Old 04-26-18, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When they were all holding the rocks, I was thinking one of them would club Lydia in the side of the head with one.

Then I thought someone would grab a knife during the kitchen scene and stab her in the carotid.

Basically I just want to watch Lydia die a painful death is what I'm saying.
Old 04-28-18, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Wow. This season seems to be even darker than the first.
Old 05-02-18, 08:42 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Renewed: http://tvline.com/2018/05/02/the-han...season-3-hulu/
Old 05-02-18, 12:03 PM

So I'm guessing that "the colonies" are located near sites where nuclear weapons were detonated and the prisoners are being forced to clean up radioactive soil. If so, the civil war that erupted after the Gilead folks took power must've been pretty violent. It seems like Boston is now the capitol of the United States and perhaps Washington, D.C., is now one of the radioactive sites (maybe we'll see some Super Mutants in later episodes).
Old 05-02-18, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
I didn't get Hulu until Season 1 was over (posted).

I'm in the same boat. I was pumped because I got an amazing deal through Swagbucks which is literally paying ME to subscribe to HULU at the exact same time this show was about to drop, only to realize the full season isn't out

Guess I'll be looking for a free trial in a couple months when all the episodes are out
Old 05-07-18, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

Just watched episode 3. Damn!

Spoiler:

You knew it was going to happen, but I did start to wonder if they were going to actually make it.

So are we to figure the couple (most likely the wife) that was harbouring her gave her up and told the authorities about the airstrip rendezvous? And that they waited for her to show up there so they could deal with the pilot, as well?

This is just so bleak...
Old 05-10-18, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Bummer to see June go back to full Offred, but she obviously has an ulterior motive.

Man, I would hate Ann Dowd if I ever met her in person even though I'm sure she's a very nice human being she plays a great "bad guy."
Old 05-10-18, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by JTH182
Man, I would hate Ann Dowd if I ever met her in person even though I'm sure she's a very nice human being she plays a great "bad guy."
I chuckled when she plucked the cigarette out of the wife's mouth, gave me a flashback to her role on "Leftovers."
Old 05-13-18, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems to tonally foreshadow rebellion on the part of June, but I hope they don't wait until the end of the series for something like that. I'm worried about retreading old ground with the Waterfords.
Old 05-13-18, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Breakfast with Girls
When they were all holding the rocks, I was thinking one of them would club Lydia in the side of the head with one.

Then I thought someone would grab a knife during the kitchen scene and stab her in the carotid.

Basically I just want to watch Lydia die a painful death is what I'm saying.
I hope Lydia really gets what's coming to here. But, I see the writers dragging it out until almost the end of the series. It would be a good storyline if Lydia somehow screws up and gets sent off to the colonies.
Old 05-14-18, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106
I hope Lydia really gets what's coming to here. But, I see the writers dragging it out until almost the end of the series. It would be a good storyline if Lydia somehow screws up and gets sent off to the colonies.
I really enjoy this show, but I don't know if I can go through 3+ seasons of Offred living with a foot on her throat.
Old 05-20-18, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cusm
I really enjoy this show, but I don't know if I can go through 3+ seasons of Offred living with a foot on her throat.
Right. The ending of the latest episode seems like progress—except she's wanted to escape literally the whole series, and only came back to that realization after a brief interlude where she was broken. The show has got to let her escape or fight back in some way or else people will stop tuning in. There's only so much Dystopian Horror Show that people can take.
Old 05-24-18, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And just when I was about to say this season was spinning it's wheels...
Old 05-24-18, 12:08 PM

Yeah, the show's definitely not stuck in a rut after the end of the last episode.
Old 05-24-18, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But that came of nowhere. I mean, it's a good surprise but I'm not sure if anyone was expecting that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.