Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

ONIMUSHA: remake/remastered?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-18, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
ONIMUSHA: remake/remastered?

Onimusha has been on hiatus for more than a decade now, although Capcom might be looking to resurrect the fan-favourite demon-slashing franchise if a new batch of trademark filings are anything to by (via resetera).

Specifically, the Japanese software giant filed an Onimusha trademark across numerous territories earlier this month, including Canada, Europe, the Philippines, and Mexico, sparking hope that the series may be on the verge of making a comeback. The trademarks pertain to video games (physical and digital), smartphone games, as well as related merchandise.

These filings don't necessarily mean a new game is on the way, as they could simply be a case of Capcom updating its trademark for the brand, or perhaps even hinting at a remastered collection.
taken from https://www.videogamer.com/news/onim...iple-countries
Old 04-16-18, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: ONIMUSHA: remake/remastered?

Old 04-16-18, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Would LOVE a remastered collection with all four games. E3 is coming...
Old 08-28-18, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Onimusha: Warlords arrives on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam on January 15, 2019!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tTScT8UucHw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Onimusha: Warlords will be available for modern consoles and include some updated features to improve your demon-slaying adventure.

NEW FEATURES

High-Definition Graphics - Characters, background graphics, and cut scenes have been given a high-definition upgrade to enhance the visibility on your quest to save the princess.

Widescreen Support, New Display Options - Both the original game's display (4:3) and more standard widescreen display (16:9) are supported. Display settings can be changed between 4:3 and 16:9 at any time in-game. Specific screens, including parts of the menu screen, are fixed at either 16:9 or 4:3.

Screen Scroll Feature - A screen scroll feature has also been added for widescreen display. The background scrolls up and down according to players' movements, showing areas that can't be fully displayed from certain positions.

Analog Stick Support - In addition to the controls from the original, this new release allows players to move using analog sticks. This added feature makes it easier to move instinctively and change directions quickly.

Easy Mode Available From Start - Easy Mode is unlocked for players from the start of gameplay, which wasn’t available in the original game. This addition makes it easier for both newcomers and those who haven't played Onimusha: Warlords for a while to dive into this world right away.

New Soundtrack – A brand new soundtrack and Japanese voices have been recorded to accompany the newest release of Onimusha: Warlords.

Onimusha: Warlords will be released on January 15, 2019 for MSRP $19.99. In North America, both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will have a physical and digital copy, while it will be a digital-only title for Nintendo Switch and Steam. In Europe, Onimusha: Warlords will be a digital-only title for all platforms. You can pre-order the physical PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions today at the link below, while digital pre-order information for all platforms will be coming soon!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumsli...anuary-15-2019
Old 08-28-18, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Would'a preferred a Remake, but this is sweet! Fuck yeah
Old 08-28-18, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 552 Likes on 403 Posts

I'm down especially for that price.
Old 10-25-18, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="620" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w7pi5WGemnw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-25-19, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm about 3 hours into this and while the game is fine this is one of the laziest remasters I've seen. It looks not great.
Old 05-26-19, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finished the game last night. I hadn't played Onimusha since it first came out on PS2 and I had forgotten pretty much everything about it. I didn't remember that it is basically Resident Evil with a samurai and I also forgot how short it was. My final playtime was 4 hours.