Supergirl (S3E14) -- "Schott Through the Heart" -- 4/16/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-18, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Supergirl (S3E14) -- "Schott Through the Heart" -- 4/16/18

MONDAY, APRIL 16

SUPERGIRL

"Schott Through the Heart" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

OSCAR-NOMINATED ACTRESS LAURIE METCALF GUEST STARS - When Winn's (Jeremy Jordan) father dies, his estranged mother, Mary (guest star Laurie Metcalf), reappears trying to reconnect and to explain why she abandoned him all those years ago. Winn is too embittered from his rough childhood to forgive her but when a copycat Toyman attacks, the two must work together to stop him. Mon-El (Chris Wood) tells Kara (Melissa Benoist) something important about the Worldkillers, and Alex (Chyler Leigh) becomes suspicious of Myr'nn's (guest star Carl Lumbly) recent behavior. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Caitlin Parrish & Derek Simon (#314). Original airdate 4/16/2018.

Episode 14 of 23

Slated to run 10 straight weeks through June 18th
Old 04-16-18, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: Supergirl (S3E14) -- "Schott Through the Heart" -- 4/16/18

"Miss me?" Not really to be honest. I suppose I'm in for the rest of the season, but if it continues down the same road it's been about pushing real world political agendas and smear campaigns that basically ruined the first portion of this season, then I'm bailing. Either way, it's got to improve a lot between here and the finale to get me to want to return in the fall for the next season.
Old 04-17-18, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I enjoyed Laurie Metcalf as Winn's Mom, but I thought the villain/Toyman copycat in this episode was kind of lame. Just some delusional person who was obsessed with Toyman. And Brooke Smith wasn't exactly the best actress to cast as a big villain.

That attack inside the DEO was kind of cool even though it was heavy CGI.

Didn't realize that Martians can develop Alzheimer's/Dementia.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-17-18 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-17-18, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

If it was this easy to trap Supergirl/Superman...........................

Originally Posted by DJariya
I enjoyed Laurie Metcalf as Winn's Mom, but I thought the villain/Toyman copycat in this episode was kind of lame. Just some delusional person who was obsessed with Toyman. And Brooke Smith wasn't exactly the best actress to cast as a big villain.

That attack inside the DEO was kind of cool even though it was heavy CGI.

Didn't realize that Martians can develop Alzheimer's/Dementia.
Of course it's within a year of getting to Earth vs the last few hundred years.
Old 04-17-18, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

I didn't understand how Supergirl couldn't break out of a giant plastic (or was it something else) wrapper. Seemed very odd, especially since Mon El simply knocking it over allowed her to get out of it. Seems like the writers conveniently forget Supergirl has super powers when the need arises due to poor storytelling.
Old 04-17-18, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Supergirl getting trapped in that giant toy packaging was about the only thing I really liked in the episode.
Old 04-17-18, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
I didn't understand how Supergirl couldn't break out of a giant plastic (or was it something else) wrapper. Seemed very odd, especially since Mon El simply knocking it over allowed her to get out of it. Seems like the writers conveniently forget Supergirl has super powers when the need arises due to poor storytelling.
From the way she was acting inside the package, I thought maybe she was suffocating, but you're right: there's no reason she shouldn't have been able to break out of it. It'd have to be filled with kryptonite to weaken her, but then that would have meant the new Toymaker was expecting her and built it just to hold her. Dumb.
Old 04-17-18, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
From the way she was acting inside the package, I thought maybe she was suffocating, but you're right: there's no reason she shouldn't have been able to break out of it. It'd have to be filled with kryptonite to weaken her, but then that would have meant the new Toymaker was expecting her and built it just to hold her. Dumb.
She also only has super speed 5% of the time as well.

When it comes to these shows and powers you really just have to go with it since everything really would be much easier than they show.