Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S5E16) -- "Inside Voices" -- 4/6/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-18, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S5E16) -- "Inside Voices" -- 4/6/18

COULSON'S FREEDOM DEPENDS ON UNLIKELY PARTNERS, ON ABC'S 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.'

"Inside Voices" - Coulson is forced to team up with surprising allies to save the world, while the S.H.I.E.L.D. team attempts to track down and rescue him, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," FRIDAY, APRIL 6 (9:01-10:01 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie and Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez.

Guest starring are Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Jeff Ward as Deke, Catherine Dent as General Hale, Dove Cameron as Ruby, Brian Patrick Wade as Carl Creel, Maximilian Osinski as Agent Davis, Spencer Treat Clark as Werner Von Strucker, Lola Glaudini as Polly Hinton, Lexy Kolker as Robin Hinton and Aaron Fili as scientist.

"Inside Voices" was written by Mark Leitner and directed by Salli Richardson-Whitfield.

Episode 16 of 22
Old 04-07-18, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S5E16) -- "Inside Voices" -- 4/6/18

Been Loving this show since "Agents of Hydra" (I would have like a whole season of that). Didn't even mind the Ghost Rider stuff to much. I know it's on the bubble ,so has anyone info on a renewal.

As for the episode, nothing big happening today, but the story is moving forward I guess. I like Fitzsimmons and Yo-Yo go rouge because they are invincible. Felt bad for Robyn's mom when she concluded she was being drawn out of the picture soon.

If this is the last season, then I hope Coulson doesn't die. He would be a good fit replacing Samuel L. as the face of shield in upcoming movies
Old 04-07-18, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Rumor has it the show is being renewed for another season: https://www.cbr.com/rumor-agents-of-...ed-season-six/
Old 04-07-18, 04:46 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Rumor has it the show is being renewed for another season: https://www.cbr.com/rumor-agents-of-...ed-season-six/
Wahoo! Just as long as Ward stays away... my biggest fear is them finding a way to bring him back.
Old 04-07-18, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enjoyed most of last night. Absorbing Man is growing on me - I liked the use of metal and the robot's power. Likely he turned to wood in time so that blade didn't hurt (much)?

Not sure about the "I'm invincible (you're a loony) ... " plot, given they want to break the loop eh? One assumes.
Old 04-07-18, 11:30 PM

I would really,really miss Elizabeth Henstridge. I would stalk her if I wasn't so lazy.

And yes, we need Hive back (I know you were joking. Trying to be nice to the actor and keep him around too long was a big early issue for the series.)

The show would get better ratings if they continued with the better story lines since Ward/Hive was around in season 1-3, and still keep it in continuity of the MCU. I mean, Why couldn't the near miss of splitting the Earth by Daisy happen as she is helping fight Thanos' thugs (kree or whomever he uses as redshirts)?

I think the tie in with Winter Soldier, Hydra and, Sitwel was well done. Little tie ins could bring in MCU viewers to AOS. They could do crossovers during sweeps weeks.
Old 04-07-18, 11:35 PM

Quick question about last weeks episode. Instead of the Doctor doing that procedure on Daisy so she could squeeze the gravitonium into the orb, why not just make a sligtly larger orb?
Old 04-08-18, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy
Enjoyed most of last night. Absorbing Man is growing on me - I liked the use of metal and the robot's power. Likely he turned to wood in time so that blade didn't hurt (much)?

Not sure about the "I'm invincible (you're a loony) ... " plot, given they want to break the loop eh? One assumes.
Carl always been cool. Been enjoying Ruby as well.

The invincible thing is getting very old. Especially since Fitz could bite it given Simmons could already be pregnant. Thankfully it will probably not last much longer no matter how it plays out (one of the three dies or the story line ends).
Old 04-08-18, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
The invincible thing is getting very old.
Deliberately taking absurd risks is shortsighted. Even if their interpretation of time is correct and they are guaranteed to be alive at the appointed time, you can still be severely hurt or maimed in the interim, as Yoyo's ordeal should have taught them.

Dove's terrible lip job is really distracting. She should lay off the injections.
Old 04-08-18, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by randian
Deliberately taking absurd risks is shortsighted. Even if their interpretation of time is correct and they are guaranteed to be alive at the appointed time, you can still be severely hurt or maimed in the interim, as Yoyo's ordeal should have taught them.
I took it as Yo-Yo's arms were already gone in the future, so the three of them take that as even more proof they are invincible. Plus Simmons was fishing for clues of possible major injuries from Deek, so she realizes that is possible, but now figures that will not happen either since Deek didn't know of any obvious issues from their past.
Old 04-08-18, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I’m enjoying Creel, but instead of fighting as flesh and blood, why not turn his whole body to metal and avoid the risk of blondie getting lucky?
Old 04-08-18, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Was it just me, or were they hinting at Fitz possibly not being the father? Maybe it was just a way of throwing people off the scent.
Old 04-08-18, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
Was it just me, or were they hinting at Fitz possibly not being the father? Maybe it was just a way of throwing people off the scent.
I don't recall Deek ever saying that his mother mentioned Fitz. He only relates stories his mother told about Simmons.
Old 04-08-18, 05:45 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
You might be forgetting that Hale's genetic profile linked Deke to both Fitz and Simmons.
Old 04-09-18, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Toonview
You might be forgetting that Hale's genetic profile linked Deke to both Fitz and Simmons.
Ah, good point. Maybe I was just reading too much into a couple lines.
Old 04-09-18, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
I don't recall Deek ever saying that his mother mentioned Fitz. He only relates stories his mother told about Simmons.
He mentioned stories about Simmons making (specific) sandwiches for Fitz (and there was a bit more with that).