Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Ring DVD Easter Egg question

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-18, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ring DVD Easter Egg question

If you own the DVD, there's an easter egg that showcases an extended version of the cursed tape from the movie. I've heard that if you tried to eject the disc or turn off the DVD player's power while the cursed tape is playing, it won't work. Is it true?
Old 02-24-18, 12:33 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: The Ring DVD Easter Egg question

Yes on the Easter egg being there. Not the other of course.

But that makes me recall an embarrassing story that I might as well share again.

Quick aside, but the American re-make of The Ring is one of the few remakes that I enjoy more than the original.

So I’m watching the film for the first time, on DVD, late at night. Maybe I was particularly emotional that week over some girlfriend drama or whatever, or maybe I’m just naturally emotive or whatever. But the film does a decent job of scaring me. After it ends, I do my usual and explore the disc for Easter eggs and special features. Well, I find that Easter egg, not expecting anything. So I’m already in a pretty good fear state, and then that damn video starts playing. It freaked me the f out. Like most emotional I had perhaps ever been at that point in my life. I turned it off and sat on my bed literally crying in fear.

Yeah, I’m a wimp maybe. But that sort of primal fear has never been that intense before or after, and I sort of wish it happened more often. Films do affect me pretty intensely, that is what makes watching films so enjoyable for me, but that few minutes of intense fear was unique and wild.