Supergirl (S3E11) -- "Fort Rozz" -- 1/22/18

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-18, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Supergirl (S3E11) -- "Fort Rozz" -- 1/22/18

MONDAY, JANUARY 22

SUPERGIRL

"Fort Rozz" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

SUPERGIRL TEAMS UP WITH SATURN GIRL, LIVEWIRE AND PSI - As Reign (Odette Annable) continues to terrorize the city, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) teams up with Saturn Girl (guest star Amy Jackson), and the two recruit Supergirl's former enemies, Livewire (guest star Brit Morgan) and Psi (guest star Yael Grobglas), to form a team for a mission to Fort Rozz to recover a prisoner who has information on how to defeat Reign once and for all. Meanwhile, Alex (Chyler Leigh) babysits Ruby (guest star Emma Tremblay). Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#311). Original airdate 1/22/18.

Episode 11 of 23
Old 01-22-18, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Supergirl (S3E11) -- "Fort Rozz" -- 1/22/18

Well, that was an interesting team-up. Supergirl, Livewire, Psi and Saturn Girl.

I liked Livewire. I enjoyed the dark humor surrounding her character. Too bad she didn't make it. RIP

Looks like Samantha is starting to figure things out now.

and someone here did call it. It does appear they are slowly setting up a guardian/parental relationship between Alex and Ruby.
Old 01-22-18, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

The car that hit that woman at the end, as she pushed it away and the camera panned by the windshield, there was literally no one behind the wheel.
Old 01-23-18, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Awful episode. The writers decided to do an even more female centric episode than usual, and the best reason they could come up with to keep the men's involvement to a minimum was the idea that anyone with a dick who traveled to Fort Rozz would die? Really? And if Kara had no superpowers there, why send her? Without them, she's no better than an Earthling. I also find it hard to believe that Kara can't tell Reign's true identity just by looking at her because the mask doesn't cover much. Can't Kara see through it anyway or is it made of lead? Can't wait for Bluehead to leave!
Old 01-23-18, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So that lady is a single mom working as an assistant to a brilliant scientist/media mogul. Fine, somehow she makes the time to watch her child and keep such a clean house with no nanny. Now she's also losing days at a time to go be a vigilante and fight Supergirl? Plus she still has to commute, isn't able to fly to save time like Supergirl. There aren't enough hours in the day for her daughter not to resent her for seeing her for like 10 minutes a week.
Old 01-23-18, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cleaver
so that lady is a single mom working as an assistant to a brilliant scientist/media mogul. Fine, somehow she makes the time to watch her child and keep such a clean house with no nanny. Now she's also losing days at a time to go be a vigilante and fight supergirl? Plus she still has to commute, isn't able to fly to save time like supergirl. There aren't enough hours in the day for her daughter not to resent her for seeing her for like 10 minutes a week.
lol
Old 01-23-18, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

So that lady is a single mom working as an assistant to a brilliant scientist/media mogul. Fine, somehow she makes the time to watch her child and keep such a clean house with no nanny. Now she's also losing days at a time to go be a vigilante and fight Supergirl? Plus she still has to commute, isn't able to fly to save time like Supergirl. There aren't enough hours in the day for her daughter not to resent her for seeing her for like 10 minutes a week.
Uhm...they did the same thing with that dude from Hogwarts on The Flash who was a bad guy at night or whatever. It's a stretch, but nothing new. Shit, Werewolves and Wolf-men have been doing it for years in movies in books.
Old 01-23-18, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

They killed Livewire....
Old 01-23-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya

and someone here did call it. It does appear they are slowly setting up a guardian/parental relationship between Alex and Ruby.
I did.
Old 01-23-18, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by slop101
The car that hit that woman at the end, as she pushed it away and the camera panned by the windshield, there was literally no one behind the wheel.
Yeah they could at least have shown someone running away...
Old 01-23-18, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Awful episode. The writers decided to do an even more female centric episode than usual, and the best reason they could come up with to keep the men's involvement to a minimum was the idea that anyone with a dick who traveled to Fort Rozz would die? Really?
What's wrong with that? Men stayed back and assisted from Earth. So what?

And if Kara had no superpowers there, why send her? Without them, she's no better than an Earthling.
Kara has dealt with Ft Rozz before. CLEARLY it wasn't all about STRENGTH or Kara for that matter.
Old 01-23-18, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Awful episode. The writers decided to do an even more female centric episode than usual, and the best reason they could come up with to keep the men's involvement to a minimum was the idea that anyone with a dick who traveled to Fort Rozz would die? Really? And if Kara had no superpowers there, why send her? Without them, she's no better than an Earthling. I also find it hard to believe that Kara can't tell Reign's true identity just by looking at her because the mask doesn't cover much. Can't Kara see through it anyway or is it made of lead? Can't wait for Bluehead to leave!
Wondered why they would not send some DEO agents as well.
Old 01-23-18, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Uhm...they did the same thing with that dude from Hogwarts on The Flash who was a bad guy at night or whatever. It's a stretch, but nothing new. Shit, Werewolves and Wolf-men have been doing it for years in movies in books.
They presented Malfoy as this guy with no life. This lady makes Supergirl and a Luthor go "Wow I am impressed with the balance in her life and her time management skills!" Of course her daughter has almost been killed a bunch of times this season but they let that slide.
Old 01-23-18, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Wondered why they would not send some DEO agents as well.
Good point.
Old 01-23-18, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hold up...so Sarah Douglas(Ursa) playing the Rozz woman?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 01-24-18 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-23-18, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hold up...so Sarah Douglas(Ursa) play the Rozz woman?
Yep.
Old 01-23-18, 05:18 PM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I did.
As did I.

I must be losing interest at a more subconscious level than I realized. I completely don’t remember LiveWire being in a previous episode.
Old 01-24-18, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Yup, it was cool to see her.

And for old times sake:

Old 01-24-18, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People complaining about show titled Supergirl being centered around females.

Sad to see Livewire die, but given they had her and Psi go into extreme overacting mode, it was less of a blow.

Sadly this Reign story line continues to fail because they are doing an incredibly bad job setting up her character. They are all but hand waving at how this is all happening given she is a mom to somebody that is not old enough to be left alone. But as almost everybody saw coming, they basically started having a recovering Alex take over as mom.
Old 01-24-18, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I was wondering that too. I was thinking...that can't be Sarah Douglas, can it?

Guess so.

The forced girl power (with a powerless Supergirl - seriously, why send her?) in this episode was pretty silly.
Old 01-24-18, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But remember before she got the job she was an unemployed single mother living in a huge house, probably a couple of million value, with no problems. So yeah it's very realistic...
Old 01-24-18, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

The only thing bad about the all-girl team-up was the stupid science. The radiation kills Y-chromosomes? Well, fucking Martian Manhunter probably doesn't have a Y chromosome! And it's not like the Y-chromosome is uniquely male. That's only true for mammals. In birds it's the opposite. And in most species, it isn't an XX/XY (or ZZ/ZW as in birds) system. There's like a million different ways sexes are determined. Like in some fly species, it's based on how many copies of a particular gene they have.

Should've just had the radiation make dicks fall off, so anyone who had a dick and wanted to keep it couldn't go.
Old 01-24-18, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah...Something tells me you guys with "Girl Power issues" on a fuckin' show about a FEMALE HERO wouldn't accept ANY reason for it happening.

Sausage Fest Fail!!!
Old 01-24-18, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Yeah...Something tells me you guys with "Girl Power issues" on a fuckin' show about a FEMALE HERO wouldn't accept ANY reason for it happening.

Sausage Fest Fail!!!
I have no problem with female vs. female battles, but I just found the whole thing funny and forced....no yellow sun, no Supergirl powers (but of course Reign keeps her powers for whatever reason); and oh also....people with Y chromosomes die. Why would we assume X/Y chromosomes exist in aliens?
Old 02-05-18, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by ben12
The only thing bad about the all-girl team-up was the stupid science. The radiation kills Y-chromosomes? Well, fucking Martian Manhunter probably doesn't have a Y chromosome! And it's not like the Y-chromosome is uniquely male. That's only true for mammals. In birds it's the opposite. And in most species, it isn't an XX/XY (or ZZ/ZW as in birds) system. There's like a million different ways sexes are determined. Like in some fly species, it's based on how many copies of a particular gene they have.

Should've just had the radiation make dicks fall off, so anyone who had a dick and wanted to keep it couldn't go.
I think you put way more thought into it than the writers did. It was basically, "how do we come up with a reason to be forced to send female villains along with Supergirl and Saturn Girl" and it was probably appropriately comic-bookey. I mean you complain about that but not the whole "Voyager 2 has a clear line of sight to them, that means we can communicate" bit or even "why bring villains with superpowers who want to kill Supergirl in a mission where Supergirl is vulnerable."

From complaints I heard, the show is continually messing with the powers of guys like Mon-el, MM, and even Superman so that Supergirl seems more viable. Not sure how true that is, but at least they came up with a reason for MM not being viable instead of just shuttling him to the side like they did with the fight last episode.

Started watching the show with my daughter last episode, mainly sticking around for the Mon-el costume reveal but my daughter likes it, so there's that.

And I thought they did address the fact that Reign can't keep up with everything in her schedule, and it's coming to a head. They actually do a decent job with the mask as well, because I can't tell it's her most of the time; certainly more believable than Kara/Supergirl.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.