Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Friday the 13th - The Complete Collection Blu-Ray re-release

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-17, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the first 8 Friday films are getting a Blu-Ray repackage. I stumbled upon this on Amazon.

Looks like the spine says it's a six-disc set. I bet this means the set will consist the first four films on their own discs like their individual releases and the last two discs will be the Double Feature discs for Parts 5 & 6 and Parts 7 & 8 released in 2015.

There's also a pre-order up for another "I - VIII" collection here and shows a release date of February 13, 2018. I wonder what the difference is.

Anybody know anything about this? I'm looking forward to the release. I skipped the box set a few years ago and I've been kicking myself. I'm only missing films 7 and 8 on Blu (since I can't find the double feature Blu anywhere) and I already own Freddy Vs. Jason and the 2009 remake on Blu.

Going by the artwork it looks like we won't be getting the films digitally but this will definitely hold me over. The artwork looks identical to the DVD re-release from the fall so hopefully the packaging will be simple and similar to that rather than the last Blu-Ray set.

Last edited by rjh_54; 12-13-17 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-13-17, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Friday the 13th - The Complete Collection Blu-Ray re-release

Not really a Complete or Ultimate collection. Missing all the New Line Cinema releases like Jason goes to Hell, Jason X, Freddy vs. Jason and the 2009 remake, which was all in the previous box set. Plus that set has a special bonus disc. Looks like just a lame repackaged set of what’s already out via Paramount.
Old 12-13-17, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I wonder if they’ll release parts five through eight separately. They just put out a single release of The Final Chapter in October so I’d rather not double dip since I have the first four. Also I have to say the artwork Paramount has used for these films has been ugly. Even if the artwork on the first link is placeholder I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s what they put the set out with as they’ve used similar art on the other four individual releases.
Old 12-13-17, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86
I wonder if they’ll release parts five through eight separately. They just put out a single release of The Final Chapter in October so I’d rather not double dip since I have the first four. Also I have to say the artwork Paramount has used for these films has been ugly. Even if the artwork on the first link is placeholder I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s what they put the set out with as they’ve used similar art on the other four individual releases.
I'm with you on that. I bought the first four films individually this past fall and in a stroke of incredible luck I found the double feature Blu-Ray sets for parts five and six as well as the Freddy Vs Jason / 2009 Remake for under $10 each (the latter of which I purchased just to save space and get rid of the two individual releases).

Considering how impossible parts seven and eight are to find I'd gladly pick this up, but I do wish they'd give the last few films individual re-releases. It would be even better if New Line quit dragging their feet and gave Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X re-releases.

As far as the artwork goes, I'm pretty sure they'll end up using it. They used it for the DVD repackage back in the fall so I don't see why they wouldn't do it for the Blu-Ray counterpart.

Last edited by rjh_54; 12-13-17 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-13-17, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Jason Goes to Hell and X should be handled by Scream factory at this point. I noticed that they've announced a few WB/New Line titles to their catalog, so why not these two?
Old 12-13-17, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be even better of Scream! Factory found a way to do a box for these like they did for the Halloween franchise.
Old 12-13-17, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
It would be even better of Scream! Factory found a way to do a box for these like they did for the Halloween franchise.
Sadly, this series will never get the box set fans deserve for numerous reason. Budget, elements in such bad shape, failure to get the series running in mainstream again, shame (Paramount) ...

My ultimate set would have:
1. Complete uncut editions for all of the films.
2. Restore the deleted TV scenes
3. Part 3 in true 3D
4. John Carl Buechler recutting part 7, which he offered to do a decade ago.

There is a lot of footage shot (violence and nudity) for the first 4 films that never made it out of the Paramount vault.
Old 12-15-17, 07:19 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 913 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Jason Goes to Hell and X should be handled by Scream factory at this point. I noticed that they've announced a few WB/New Line titles to their catalog, so why not these two?
that would be excellent!!
Old 12-21-17, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy
that would be excellent!!
Excellent but embarrassing to see these sequels get better home video treatment than any of the original films
Old 12-21-17, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

From what I've heard, the difference between the two versions is the "Ultimate" set has the anaglyph 3-D version of "F13th III".

And yea, Scream should just do JGTH and X. I mean, I already know they have some sweet WB/NL horror titles lined up for next year. Shhhhhhh.
Old 12-24-17, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

While I would pick up Scream Factory editions of Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X both of those are by far my least favorite entries in the franchise and probably the least deserving of special edition releases from a company like Shout/Scream. A nice complete box set would be great but I doubt it’ll ever happen. The one by WB was fine but even that didn’t really seem all that great in terms of features.
Old 12-24-17, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Sadly, this series will never get the box set fans deserve for numerous reason. Budget, elements in such bad shape, failure to get the series running in mainstream again, shame (Paramount) ...

My ultimate set would have:
1. Complete uncut editions for all of the films.
2. Restore the deleted TV scenes
3. Part 3 in true 3D
4. John Carl Buechler recutting part 7, which he offered to do a decade ago.

There is a lot of footage shot (violence and nudity) for the first 4 films that never made it out of the Paramount vault.
Now this is a box set I would love to buy.
Old 12-24-17, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
While I would pick up Scream Factory editions of Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X both of those are by far my least favorite entries in the franchise and probably the least deserving of special edition releases from a company like Shout/Scream. A nice complete box set would be great but I doubt it’ll ever happen. The one by WB was fine but even that didn’t really seem all that great in terms of features.
A great special edition could be constructed for Jason Goes To Hell. There was a lot of behind-the-scenes wrangling on the movie with alternate cuts and such.
Old 12-24-17, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

I'd buy any box set at any price just to get part 3 in real 3D. I won't pay a penny for anything else- already have the DVD set.